***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

1386019401136.jpg

Jets fans feel vindicated today.
Why? I’ll take the guy who’s unproven over the arrogant jackass who’s already failed. And fail here he did.

Will he be great with the Jets? Doubtful, but it’s possible. He sucked here, and so far his biggest qualification— and the only thing still getting him jobs— is having been Peyton Manning’s ball boy.

Last edited:
He better come in with an elite OC and DC.

Other than the fact he was willing to work with Grier it's hard to see how he is qualified to take this job when even Matt Patricia was passed over in multiple cycles - including by Miami. I am sure he is a good coach, much of the Palpatine tree is, especially on D. But after one year? When he wasn't even trusted with the full responsibility of DC? Wowza.

Such a key rebuild for the future of the franchise and Ross left it to Grier and Flores... Who would have predicted that a month ago?

Not ready to be full DC in New England 12 months ago but he is now ready to lead a huge rebuild in Miami? A better option than Rizzi or Richard? I just don't get it

You were right bro. Grier should have gotten axed too.

My bad believing in the guy.

No one knows if this person will be a good HC or not. Remember most on this board and around the country were singing the praise of the Gase hiring. I'll wait and see.

Dolfans reaction to Flores hire an utter embarrassment. Stop lying to yourselves. Until Dolphins develop and draft at remotely component level, create legit team 1st culture, it doesn't matter who is the coach. Also last but not least find a legit franchise QB.

McDaniels spent ages under BB and was 4-12 in his 2nd season as HC. Patricia spent ages under BB and was 6-10 this year.

The Patriots are a system team, but they learned nothing in their 10 plus years? Scary

I was wrong about Gase and I reserve the right to be wrong about Flores. hopefully I will be
so, so, so wrong. it happens alot

Dolfans reaction to Flores hire an utter embarrassment. Stop lying to yourselves. Until Dolphins develop and draft at remotely component level, create legit team 1st culture, it doesn't matter who is the coach. Also last but not least find a legit franchise QB.

embarrassing is what we do

Already stated I like the dudes background and communication style tho I have listened closely to the herd re Richard. Like him a lot too. Probably more at this point. But...

So much of this is going to depend on the quality of staff any candidate can put together and a lot of that is based on the scope of network connections as well as direct work associations. That part is a little concerning since Flores entire experience has been with one org and therefore siloed.

Beyond that -- it just depends if he's indeed "something special" and not just a product of the "system."

Benefits are, IMO, he's young, has a diverse background (always ascending) in a winning org, he knows what a quality product looks like, he seems very bright, hard working, dedicated, and has had a lot of one-on-one mentorship with BB.

The downsides are fairly notable, starting with a very thin portfolio of "high responsibility" coaching including zero HCing at any level and barely anything at the coordinator level. So it's a HUGE step for him -- and that's a bright red flag all by itself.

Last, I have to assume Richard may be fading a tad based on the "aggressive" tactics of that swindler JJ in Texas -- promising KR a grand design of $ome sort. Just an opinion. But there's zero doubt Richard is kinda revered in that territory right now and maybe the wind is blowing in ways not favorable (i.e., stinky) to our plans...

Whatever. Dallas sucks. But so do the Cheats.

Kinda ironic we have to swim in that slimy pool for a HC.

Forgive me if I’m missing something obvious, but why are we expected to switch to a 3-4? NE ran a 4-3 this season with Flores as DC
I doubt very seriously if he had any say in the actual scheme. He did call the defensive alignments, and plays.

I have no idea what he prefers as a base defense. There are advantages, and disadvantages to a 3-4. It allows you to get more overall speed on the field, but you have to have the horses up front, or power running / play action / counter will eat it alive.

Down,down we go. Grier has not disappointed. Grier is the anti-christ dragging Dolphin fans to hell.

Stephen Ross is Lucifer plunging Phindom into the abyss.

Cry Havoc! and release the dogs of war!

This may seem over dramatic, but the truth is.....It is far worse than these mad rants. There are NO words to describe the pit the Dolphins are headed for.

Ah so should get full blame for the Miami miarcle gronk ****up then. Inspiring
why are we talking about one play. N.E is still in playoff every yr. one of BB coach have to work out in nfl. I hope it him

Reactions: A1.
Back
Top Bottom