***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

Keep in mind Flores does call the plays for the defense and he is in charge ok f the gameplan. So even if he isnt the DC in name he handles all responsibilities.

Ah so should get full blame for the Miami miarcle gronk ****up then. Inspiring

Far be it for me to defend the organization at any level, but honestly, I am in wait and see mode. I am honest enough to know that there is no way for us to know who the best candidate was. This is like player evaluation but two orders of magnitude greater in the sense that we are not privy to the interviews. For all anyone bitching knows, he'd make the same call given all the same information.

I am all for the standard comical Dolphin-deprecating posts because we are all in the same boat there. But, if you're serious about bitching, I'm sorry but saying that all Patriots coordinators fail is extremely superficial. It's meaningless. Maybe the other guys were dunces or too big for their britches or whatever.

RobertHorry, who is as smart and credible of a poster as we have, made some very strong points in favor of Flores, with actual evidence provided. (RobertHorry, I was very impressed with those posts but did not get a chance to reply.) I do recommend everyone find those posts and read them. There is good insight and information in them.

As for the rah rah type of coach, fans like that and that's why Richard is popular (I liked him too). But, that can fray on players' nerves after awhile. Any player who is smart enough to understand will want a coach that puts the team in the best position to win in terms of strategy and schemes. He wants coaches who will help himk get better (translating in $$). That player will want a coach who is a straight shooter and transparent. If the coach tells him something, it needs to be gospel. And, of course, the coach has to be fair and about winning. If a player isn't smart enough to understand those key attributes, he probably isn't smart enough to be on a winning team.

Let's all hope for the best. Maybe he will flame out and all the naysayers will luck into being right. I think he will definitely be a work in progress. But we aren't going to be relevant regardless for any period of time that is visible. Miami needs to stop with the failed player acquisitions, learn how to properly extend qualified draftees, understand the importance of offensive line play, get a high pick at quarterback, build up the front seven etc. That's going to take awhile.

But other than the fact Chris Grier 'likes his roots' it's very hard to see how one year doing part of the NE DC job qualifies him to be a key part of a huge rebuild in Miami
Yep this is Grier hiring a guy he would most get along with and cause him less friction. Probably wasn't much football related in this decision.

Rumor is Jim Caldwell is going to be our OC. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign his boy Flacco this offseason.

After attending Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn, Flores played football at Boston College as a linebacker from 1999 through 2003. An injury prevented him from playing in the NFL. In 2004, Flores joined the Patriots as a scouting assistant. He became a pro scout in 2006 before moving to the coaching staff as a special teams coaching assistant in 2008. His title was changed to assistant coach offense/special teams in 2010. He was named defensive assistant in 2011. In 2012, he was named safeties coach. He was named linebackers coach ahead of the 2016 season. In 2018, he took over the Patriots' defensive playcalling duties after the departure of defensive coordinator Matt Patricia.
oh this is pretty bad. he has no experience outside that organization. In fact he knows nothing but the success that Brady and Belichick created there. This won't end well because he never experienced a losing season since college.

You are determined to hate the move so I dont even know why I bother.

Well if he was running the show despite not being trusted with the title then he was fully to blame for it. But as long as Grier 'likes his roots' all's good.

And I'm not going to pretend for a second to have any faith in Ross's latest scheme to rebuild the entire franchise by handing power to a failed GM and an unqualified HC who has never even been a DC

I am super excited with the possibility of Richards, because of his intensity. However if we do hire Flores I'm not going to be as upset as I thought I would be, I'm going to give him a chance and see who he brings in as the offensive and defensive coordinator and reserve my feelings and give him every bit of a chance to succeed. I don't care about all the hoopla and the people that get too excited too quickly. I won't jump to conclusions like I already know how he's going to be as a head coach.

Reactions: A1.
Back
Top Bottom