***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

Grier must like the staff Flores is bringing with him over who Richard can bring. I was torn between the two. If it happens, then I hope for the best.

I don't know what to think but other people have suggested he seemed meek. With his background I find that hard to believe at least....

Another childhood friend, Chris Legree, who played quarterback at Poly Prep and then at the University of Maine, said Flores could put their neighborhood on the map for a reason other than boxers who fought their way out -- Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe and Shannon Briggs among them. Legree recalled Flores as a unifying force at home and again at Poly Prep. "He was really the first black person I'd seen mingling with white people," Legree said. "And it was a cool thing."

Legree also said he'd never met anyone who was prouder of being from Brownsville than Brian Flores. As a schoolboy football star, Flores was protected, to some degree, by friends and strangers alike. Even most drug dealers knew to stay clear of him. He was a designated golden child, a kid with a chance to make it out, and if something unlawful or dangerous was about to go down in a park or on a street corner, someone usually rushed Flores out of there, according to Flores and his brothers.

"But at the same time, I still had to watch my back," Flores said. He described his early-morning walk to the train station as ominous enough to "look like a movie scene where you're about to get robbed." His life experiences made him a hell of a football coach. He learned how to survive in Brownsville. He learned how to interact with people with different socioeconomic backstories at Poly Prep.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...next-coaching-star-emerge-bill-belichick-tree

I like it cause it means we’re most likely going back to a 3-4 and means where going defense heavy in the draft,
Round 1. Rasheen gray de/dt

Round 2. Chase winovich 3-4 olb

Round 3. Julian love CB

Round 4. Jesse barkett C/OG

Round 5. Lil’Jordan Humphrey WR

Round 6. Kendrick Norton dt

Round 7. John cominsky de
weather we stay in 4-3 or 3-4 the defense will change from wide 9. that more of problems to me. wide9 terrible at stopping run

After attending Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn, Flores played football at Boston College as a linebacker from 1999 through 2003. An injury prevented him from playing in the NFL. In 2004, Flores joined the Patriots as a scouting assistant. He became a pro scout in 2006 before moving to the coaching staff as a special teams coaching assistant in 2008. His title was changed to assistant coach offense/special teams in 2010. He was named defensive assistant in 2011. In 2012, he was named safeties coach. He was named linebackers coach ahead of the 2016 season. In 2018, he took over the Patriots' defensive playcalling duties after the departure of defensive coordinator Matt Patricia.

weather we stay in 4-3 or 3-4 the defense will change from wide 9. that more of problems to me. wide9 terrible at stopping run

I think I know what you are saying and that is a big positive. no mo' wide open, uh I mean wide 9

**** ....**************** ...I somehow knew we would **** this up but was holding out hope that Richard was our main target.

..the only sliver of hope is, this is not "confirmed" yet.

Awesome. 21st in yards allowed, 22nd (worse than miami) in passing yards allowed.

Not 1 year of experience even as a coordinator, just play calling. Somehow they may manage to appoint a head coach with even less experience than the last 2.

Ladies and gentlemen, here’s your Steve Wilkes of 2019.

I like it cause it means we’re most likely going back to a 3-4 and means where going defense heavy in the draft,
Round 1. Rasheen gray de/dt

Round 2. Chase winovich 3-4 olb

Round 3. Julian love CB

Round 4. Jesse barkett C/OG

Round 5. Lil’Jordan Humphrey WR

Round 6. Kendrick Norton dt

Round 7. John cominsky de

Forgive me if I’m missing something obvious, but why are we expected to switch to a 3-4? NE ran a 4-3 this season with Flores as DC

He better come in with an elite OC and DC.

Other than the fact he was willing to work with Grier it's hard to see how he is qualified to take this job when even Matt Patricia was passed over in multiple cycles - including by Miami. I am sure he is a good coach, much of the Palpatine tree is, especially on D. But after one year? When he wasn't even trusted with the full responsibility of DC? Wowza.

Such a key rebuild for the future of the franchise and Ross left it to Grier and Flores... Who would have predicted that a month ago?

Not ready to be full DC in New England 12 months ago but he is now ready to lead a huge rebuild in Miami? A better option than Rizzi or Richard? I just don't get it

Keep in mind Flores does call the plays for the defense and he is in charge ok f the gameplan. So even if he isnt the DC in name he handles all responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom