***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

Let's be honest; nobody on this site or in the media knows if Flores is going to be a good HC, me included. I live in NH and listen to the talk shows and all the guests and many say it's too early or whatever, but they are just following a narrative. If he is in fact named the HC, I want him to succeed. I root for the Dolphins, not individuals, as many of you do the same. That being said, I am not really sure what Richard has done to make him some slam dunk over Flores or anybody. He's a defensive backs coach who was fired from a Super Bowl champion. Now, I don't hold that against him, but what has he done to warrant this separation from Flores? Dallas isn't and hasn't been very good for years. Lastly, anyone who thinks Grier would hire a "friend" to a HC position just because isn't very smart. I am sure Grier would like to have his job for a long time. And the fact that that hack Breer mentions they spent time together at the owners meetings last year is so freaking ridiculous. I'm sure a lot of opposing guys spend time together in the offseason. WTF does that mean? You can only be friends with people within your team. This world is a ****ing joke.

Let's be honest; nobody on this site or in the media knows if Flores is going to be a good HC, me included. I live in NH and listen to the talk shows and all the guests and many say it's too early or whatever, but they are just following a narrative. If he is in fact named the HC, I want him to succeed. I root for the Dolphins, not individuals, as many of you do the same. That being said, I am not really sure what Richard has done to make him some slam dunk over Flores or anybody. He's a defensive backs coach who was fired from a Super Bowl champion. Now, I don't hold that against him, but what has he done to warrant this separation from Flores? Dallas isn't and hasn't been very good for years. Lastly, anyone who thinks Grier would hire a "friend" to a HC position just because isn't very smart. I am sure Grier would like to have his job for a long time. And the fact that that hack Breer mentions they spent time together at the owners meetings last year is so freaking ridiculous. I'm sure a lot of opposing guys spend time together in the offseason. WTF does that mean? You can only be friends with people within your team. This world is a ****ing joke.

I agree the idea that Richard is an obviously better choice is borderline ridiculous. None of us know who is a better coach. We have an extremely limited amount of info to base the decision off. Personally I like Richard better because he's had success at two different places now whereas Flores led a fairly uninspiring unit. But the fact of the matter is we are going on so little with both that it's just about meaningless anyhow.

Is that maybe. Just maybe, this is Ross being smart enough to do a two season tank for Trevor Lawrence. The guy is going to be a generational talent, and Flores couldn’t even coach his defense to stop our ****ty offense. This has to be an intentional tanking hire, right?

Just like Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Marinovich and on and on were going to be "generational QBs ". Point is no one ever knows....

I just want the Dolphins to pick the one who will be the best HC, involved with the whole team. Not a guru, just a coach who can get the best out of each player That Grier gives him, that Grier and the new HC are in the same page and that finally the Dolphins have an identity, just not a mish mash mess.
I can’t tell from the clips, videos etc...I just hope Grier can.

You go on, take Stephen Ross’ money and run and hope you get a helluva lot more latitude to learn on the job than, say, Steve Wilks did out in Arizona. Wilks spent a year as a coordinator, got hired by the Cardinals in January of 2018 and didn’t make it a year before being let go in favor of a guy who never coached in the National Football League (Klifford of Kingsbury).

Last month, Flores spoke frankly with ESPN’s Mike Reiss about his first year running the defense. It was telling that he acknowledged how much he didn’t know about being a coordinator before doing the job this season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/curran-ready-or-not-brian-flores-has-take-dolphins-job

Two year tank blueprint:

Anyone on the team who has been in the league more than 5 seasons is on the trading block. Stockpile picks in ‘19, 20, and ‘21.

In 19 move back in the draft as many times as possible or take ‘20/‘21 picks for picks in ‘19. Suck for the season in ‘19.

Use the high pick in ‘20 to get some sucker team to mortgage their future for a top 5 pick by giving us most of their draft in ‘20 or ‘21. Use the stockpiled picks to rebuild the lines. Suck again in the ‘20 season.

In 2021 use the #1 pick for the QB of the future and the remaining picks to round out the skill positions. For the 2021 season start trying to win, but doing so while starting the rookie QB.

2022, finish the skill position rebuild and fix any drafting misses on the lines and be a legitimate contender for the foreseeable future.

I disagree with that Dallas d isn’t very good but it’s the range of the lb level that has taken it where it is.

With smith and vander esch paired together. You gonna catch hell trying to outflank them. But don’t sleep on that corner play awuzie has really picked it up of late and byron Jones is top 10 level.

It's going to be interesting to see tonight what happens if the Cowboys lose if Richard isn't hired shortly after then we'll have our answer

I disagree with that Dallas d isn’t very good but it’s the range of the lb level that has taken it where it is.

With smith and vander esch paired together. You gonna catch hell trying to outflank them. But don’t sleep on that corner play awuzie has really picked it up of late and byron Jones is top 10 level.
I was more referring the the whole team in general. And I'm not saying Richard wouldn't good; It's the fact that we don't know if he would be any more than Flores. That's all. I'll be happy with either until given a reason to think otherwise, which wouldn't happen until next season at the earliest.

I have come to the point where either coach they hire is good with me. They’re both defensive minded coaches and have good qualities in their own little way. It’s going to be an interesting couple seasons either way.

Not gonna lie.... Hated when he was first mentioned as a candidate. Hated when his name kept getting mentioned as a top candidate. Was totally pissed when this news broke.

But the more and more I take my head out of my own ass and read up on Flores.... I really want to give the guy a chance. He appears to have a lot of strengths that we've lacked at the HC position for a while. I also like the fact that he's got experience on both sides of the ball, as well as in scouting.

Let's just give the guy a chance. Look, 2019 is going to be really tough to endure, and that's a given regardless of who our HC is and what the staff looks like. This is a rebuild. Who knows. Maybe he's the guy to do it the right way and right the ship.

He's our guy now. Let's give him a shot.

Back
Top Bottom