***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

Is that maybe. Just maybe, this is Ross being smart enough to do a two season tank for Trevor Lawrence. The guy is going to be a generational talent, and Flores couldn’t even coach his defense to stop our shitty offense. This has to be an intentional tanking hire, right?

Is that maybe. Just maybe, this is Ross being smart enough to do a two season tank for Trevor Lawrence. The guy is going to be a generational talent, and Flores couldn’t even coach his defense to stop our ****ty offense. This has to be an intentional tanking hire, right?
Has he been hired?

Ross is a business man first. I doubt he would intentionally tank. What he stated in interview wasnt about being intentional but being realistic considering the circumstances..we could go 3-13...not we wanna go 3-13

Ross is a business man first. I doubt he would intentionally tank. What he stated in interview wasnt about being intentional but being realistic considering the circumstances..we could go 3-13...not we wanna go 3-13
If the Dolphins "tank" do they get less than their usual share of TV revenue?

If they get the same cut, then the businessman is simply making the word "tank" easier to digest...

Put lipstick on a pig...you still have a pig.

I understand the OP is trying to be sarcastic but i could think of a few:

The BIGGEST is that he's coming from a previous culture that understands how to WIN for a long time.

The BIGGEST is that he's coming from a previous culture that understands how to WIN for a long time.
Thats not comforting at all, considering previous examples...

Matt Patricia came from the same culture. Read up on some of the reports on his first year in Detroit.

Charlie Weis (NCAA) : 41-49, one bowl win (Hawaii Bowl)

Romeo Crennel: 28-55, zero playoff appearances

Josh McDaniels: 11-17, zero playoff appearances

Bill O'Brien (Texans): 42-38, 1-3 playoff record

Matt Patricia: 6-10, zero playoff appearances

Eric Mangini: 33-47, 0-1 playoff record

There are six coaches who got head coaching jobs coming out of that 'winning culture' in New England.

Combined record: 161-216 in the regular season (.438) and 1-4 in the playoffs. If you pare it down to just the guys who went directly from the Patriots to an NFL head coaching job, the record sinks to 78-129 (.376).

Brian Flores coming from the New England Patriots is one of the worst arguments you can make as far as projecting success for him in the NFL.

Is that maybe. Just maybe, this is Ross being smart enough to do a two season tank for Trevor Lawrence. The guy is going to be a generational talent, and Flores couldn’t even coach his defense to stop our ****ty offense. This has to be an intentional tanking hire, right?

Tanking comes with financial consequences like ticket sales. Ross is a businessman first, no way he will let it happen.

Man, i hope the team isn't looking to tank. Giving young players an opportunity sure, but you always want to try to win.

Back
Top Bottom