BRown Or MCgahee??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRown Or MCgahee???

Losman7 said:
I agree. Not only is the question intended to stir people up, but its impossible to answer anyways.

What is the criteria?

I mean, whos had a better career Manning or Brady?

Exactly...this thread should be moved to **** talking forum......asap

camanda said:
Hey! Cut back on the caffeine!

Just an opinion, just so you know...If I'm choosing a RB and the only choice is between those two guys I'm taking the guy who hasn't had a major knee injury. Just so you know.
I'm relaxed. I was just giving you information to help you formulate your opinion :D . Willis' knee is fine. I read somewhere that the new attachment on the ligaments he tore are better than the original ones. I'm not a doctor so I'll take it w/ a grain of salt.

i think both of our RBs are destined to have great careers if they can stay healthy (knock on wood). It's a crapshoot who will have the better one.

on the other hand, IMO both of our teams are going to be unsure at the QB position the way things stand right now. Our offenses (besides the playbook) will be similar. Average to below average QBs, homerun threat talent at WR for years to come, very good RBs, and our OLs are in a similar state of transition. I think Kevin Everett could offer what McMichael does, but unfortunately for the Bills, he was injured.

Justasportsfan said:
I'm relaxed. I was just giving you information to help you formulate your opinion :D . Willis' knee is fine. I read somewhere that the new attachment on the ligaments he tore are better than the original ones. I'm not a doctor so I'll take it w/ a grain of salt.

You actually hear a lot of athletes who have had that surgery say that. The reconstructed knee is usually stronger and more sturdy than the other knee. Look at all the work and strength training it goes through.

Losman7 said:
I agree. Not only is the question intended to stir people up, but its impossible to answer anyways.

What is the criteria?

I mean, whos had a better career Manning or Brady?

:confused: That one is a no-brainer. I know I will get bashed severely for this but IMO Manning is an extremely overrated QB. He struggles big time against any quality defenses. His success is more a product of the system rather than hs own skills. For sure he is a top 5 Qb, but not much higher. As much as it pains me to say it, Tom Brady is probably the most underrated player in the history of the NFL. The guy never cracks under pressure. His accuracy is extremely underrated. The guy has won 3 Superbowls and still does not get his due credit. I used to think that Brady was just 'lucky', but having watched his play over the last two years, I am convinced he is the best PLAYER in the NFL. Period.

phinsforever said:
:confused: That one is a no-brainer. I know I will get bashed severely for this but IMO Manning is an extremely overrated QB. He struggles big time against any quality defenses. His success is more a product of the system rather than hs own skills. For sure he is a top 5 Qb, but not much higher. As much as it pains me to say it, Tom Brady is probably the most underrated player in the history of the NFL. The guy never cracks under pressure. His accuracy is extremely underrated. The guy has one 3 Superbowls and still does not get his due credit. I used to think that Brady was just 'lucky', but having watched his play over the last two year's, I am convinced he is the best PLAYER in the NFL. Period.

We will see how good he does without Weis. Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league and one of the better offensive coordinators as well.

phinsforever said:
:confused: That one is a no-brainer. I know I will get bashed severely for this but IMO Manning is an extremely overrated QB. He struggles big time against any quality defenses. His success is more a product of the system rather than hs own skills. For sure he is a top 5 Qb, but not much higher. As much as it pains me to say it, Tom Brady is probably the most underrated player in the history of the NFL. The guy never cracks under pressure. His accuracy is extremely underrated. The guy has won 3 Superbowls and still does not get his due credit. I used to think that Brady was just 'lucky', but having watched his play over the last two years, I am convinced he is the best PLAYER in the NFL. Period.

You could say that Brady is the product of a system too.

Manning is the system. That being said Brady has had a better career.

If Brown Doubles McGahees rushing yards and TD's every year but McGahee wins the big game, thats fine with me.

ch19079 said:
but i still remember when a day befor the draft a lot of people thaught benson was the best RB in the draft.... and it wasnt till the fins selected R. Brown that those people changed their view of benson.

i still think Benson is the best RB in the draft. with that said, there wasnt many people that agreed with me, so to say a lot, is an overstatement.

phinsforever said:
:confused: That one is a no-brainer. I know I will get bashed severely for this but IMO Manning is an extremely overrated QB. He struggles big time against any quality defenses. His success is more a product of the system rather than hs own skills. For sure he is a top 5 Qb, but not much higher. As much as it pains me to say it, Tom Brady is probably the most underrated player in the history of the NFL. The guy never cracks under pressure. His accuracy is extremely underrated. The guy has one 3 Superbowls and still does not get his due credit. I used to think that Brady was just 'lucky', but having watched his play over the last two year's, I am convinced he is the best PLAYER in the NFL. Period.

see, what you're doing is looking at the end result and throwing out all the causes. wins, while being the most coveted statistic, is not an individual's accomplishment. tom brady isn't intercepting Peyton Manning's throws. I'm reminded of Ben Rothlisberger's year last year. The Steelers (not Ben) achieved that goal.

Tom Brady isn't called upon to do what Peyton Manning does. If Manning wins a Superbowl, and his career goes as smoothly as it has for his entire career, he'll be regarded as the greatest QB in NFL history... even moreso than our beloved Marino, and Joe Montana (another heavily assisted QB).

oh, and I by no means, think Brady isn't one of the best QBs in the league. he's just too accurate and collected, but he's not Manning.

Losman7 said:
You could say that Brady is the product of a system too.

Manning is the system. That being said Brady has had a better career.

If Brown Doubles McGahees rushing yards and TD's every year but McGahee wins the big game, thats fine with me.

Exactly, while Brady and Joe Montana are great QBs they benefit from the system, heavily. On the other hand, Manning and Marino are/were the system.

bakedmatt said:
Exactly, while Brady and Joe Montana are great QBs they benefit from the system, heavily. On the other hand, Manning and Marino are/were the system.

Manning still has one hell of a supporting cast where Marino was usually it. He had some players around him but never the likes of Manning.

Well, to be a Houdini and answer your question correctly....see me in about 7 years...

Seriously...to say that McGahee is "overrated" is really stretching it...the guy had about as serious (and ugly) an injury that could befall an outgoing collegiate athlete and still was drafted in the low 20's, knowing that he would not be helpful the first year. He came on this year, proved the nay sayers and ousted a decent back in Henry to the bench...he is definitely not overrated...

As to who will have the better career, all things being equal right now, I'd have to say Brown, but for only one reason...he has not had the serious injury that McGahee has. It is really too early for either to start drawing comparisons...perhaps at the end of this coming season we could pick up this conversation again...at least then we'd have something to compare (assuming Brown is not injured this year).

FIREMEDIC822 said:
Manning still has one hell of a supporting cast where Marino was usually it. He had some players around him but never the likes of Manning.

maybe so, but then you're getting too complicated. and i'd sooner blow my brains out than argue over that topic again.

bakedmatt said:
maybe so, but then you're getting too complicated. and i'd sooner blow my brains out than argue over that topic again.

dont do that. I have seen too many of those and they are messy. Forget I even said anything.....:D

Hate to admit it right now the best RB is McGahee. He was just at big a college prospect, did more in college and has a year under his belt in the NFL where he did well in a starters role most of the year. Aside from the one bad knee injury McGahee is a very capable NFL RB. Brown to me has a higher ceiling than McGahee because he has better hands and may be a little quicker. If I had to bet right now I would take McGahee but thats only because I haven't seen Ronnie run for 13tds in the NFL yet. I will give you a new update then. GreenMonster

Back
Top Bottom