Can We Win A Super Bowl With Rt? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can We Win A Super Bowl With Rt?

Marino had a better offense AND defense that anything Tannehill has ever had.

And a coach with just a bit more experience. I think that coach won a lot of games, too.

Team has to gel. These guys haven’t yet. When they do, I expect a vast improvement.

Super Bowl? Maybe.

It's a TEAM sport, if the rest of the team play well,

TOGETHER,

and RT can stay healthy,

then Yes.

But RT isn't the kind of QB that can put the team on his back and WILL them to win.

As for comping Foles to RT...

Foles came in as a ROOKIE and played better than RT has EVER played.

He JUST played a fantastic game in the Super Bowl and has played VERY well in the Playoffs.

It is NOT a good comparison, unless you live in fantasy world. :p

And a coach with just a bit more experience. I think that coach won a lot of games, too.

Team has to gel. These guys haven’t yet. When they do, I expect a vast improvement.

Super Bowl? Maybe.

I agree except for the defense. Marino did not have a better defense. Marino lost many games putting up GODLY numbers (vs Jets, Pats, Bills). I can't even count how many games I'd watched where Marino lit up a team for 300+ yards and 3+ TDs, and Miami lost the game.

Marino never had a RB to clock manage in 4 minute drills either. Comparing Marino's teams and his success to RT's teams and success isn't fair for two reasons:

1. RT is NOT Marino
2. Don Shula.

Not trying to poo poo your comment, just my opinion, brother.

On paper yes he is more than capable of leading us to the super bowl with the right players around him. But one thing we don’t know is what kind of player he is in the playoffs yet. Is he the type of person who shines in an elimination game or fades? It’s a different monster than the regular season.

Super Bowl? Maybe.
I disagree. Marino had a lot of crappy defenses and no running backs

Sorry, this is such a dumb question. Look at the quarterbacks who have won Super Bowls. It's called a team for a reason. Why even bother talking about this?

yep. RT is more than capable of getting a decent team there, and winning it. we just need the pieces to fall- kind of like it did for Jax last year vs their prior year.

turnarounds can happen fast in NFL.

Back
Top Bottom