Can We Win A Super Bowl With Rt? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can We Win A Super Bowl With Rt?

From what I've seen thus far from Tannehill, I don't trust him to win a shootout against the best QB's in the league that he'll surely face in the playoffs. I don't trust him to make the plays necessary without making a mistake. And before anyone throw Nick Foles's name out there. Whether we want to put him in the top 10 QB list or not.... over a 3-4 game stretch, he PLAYED like a top 10 QB. Some of those throws and plays he made in the games leading up to the SB and the SB itself was top 10 QB level. I don't see Tannehill doing that. But that's just my opinion based on what I've seen from TH thus far.

This argument never makes any sense to me. It gets said far too often. It doesn't matter what QB is across the field bc Tannehill will NEVER be in a "shootout" with him. The QB's are never on the field together....it's the D that they are each facing that matters.
Our OC is not game planning against the other teams OC, he's in a chess match against their DC.

There is literally nothing that Drew Brees does that Ryan Tannehill can't. and I mean nothing. That is absolutely this kids ceiling. The difference in their production imo comes down to continuity. Same coach and system for 12 years, and that coach is quite good at scheming. Rt is on his 3rd head coach, 3rd scheme and 3rd (now 4th) different OC. There is a whole lot to be said about continuity of coaching that is underrated. How many of the successful QB's have rotated through coaches like the Dolphins? Kid has lived nothing but ineptitude and adversity since the day he entered the league and has fought through and produced. He's a winner and we could absolutely win a SB with him.

Yes we can win a SB if we have 5 or 6 Pro Bowlers in the supporting cast. Without those exceptional players around him, I don't think we will get close to a SB.

I would say yes. Tannehill is like 90 percent of the quarterbacks in that he needs a lot of support. I think that starts with a better than average running game, being able to dictate that on short yardage downs and with the game on the line.

He's not the type of quarterback who can carry a team on his shoulders like Rogers or Brady.

The advantage to those types is you can mix and match pieces without having star players who eventually get paid. Meaning you have a better shot at sustainability.

Carry, Carry, Carry...This is not the NBA where one player can actually takeover and carry a team. Games are won in different ways week in and week out. The QB is there to lead the offense not Special Teams or the Defense.

Put any QB on any team with a bad defense, that is at the bottom in penalties, bottom in turnover diff, consistently terrible line play and has a turnstile coaching staff, etc...and I highly doubt any QB is going to succeed consistently.

Organizations that provide production and stability in those areas (ST, Oline, Defense) of a football team facilitate the QB's production and rate of success. It very rarely works the other way around.

Bottom line, RT has shortcomings but he can play the position at a very high level.

The Eagles won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles, the Ravens with Joe Flacco and Trent Dilfer. absolutely they can, but it is as its always been a team sport and the QB is just one of 22.

absolutely.

why wouldn't we be able to?

nick foles stepped in for carson wentz and won it last year.

just need to run the ball consistently, protect him, and play well-above-average defense.

Odds are low. Nick Foles was a QB at birth not a former WR. Still rooting for RT of course.

Theoretical, yes, highly doubtful. Personally, I think we'll muddle through a couple more years of Tannehill and Gase and then go in a different direction.

You have to actually score points against playoff caliber teams with good defenses in order to win a Super Bowl.

So I'd say it's doubtful at best.

Another ignorant post. Scored 30 against Pitt in 2016. Has beaten NE several times. I'm amazed at the sheer number of ignorant posts that I read.

Last I checked the best QB to ever do it couldn't win a super bowl because he never had a defense, running game or stud WRS. Its very low football IQ to think one player carries a team in the NFL. A bad quarterback can sink a team, add a couple key plays/play calls but wins and loses are not a QB stat.

You really should give your opinion before starting the S__t storm.
If we have a complete team yes, otherwise no.[/QUOTE

This thread is the perfect example of why, for some fans, Tannehill can never fail, he can only be failed.

yeah man...the tannehill fan club wants you to believe that its everything around ryan that stunts his greatness. fact is, ryan tannehill doesnt elevate those around him, but rather he needs to be elevated. thats not the definition of a franchise qb.

Absurd thread really considering we are talking about a team that is pretty much universally ranked in the 30's in the NFL power rankings.

Dolphins and Colts might be fight'n it out next year for the draft's first pick.

This team will have new management next year and be in full rebuild mode. Tannehill is a dead man walking.

we will never win a superbowl with tannehill because we do not have the talent around him just as much as anything else

Back
Top Bottom