Can We Win A Super Bowl With Rt? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can We Win A Super Bowl With Rt?

I think you could, but you'd need a top 5 defense and a solid running game in order to do it. Let's just say this... If Eli Manning can win 2 superbowls with the right team around him, so could Tannehill IMO.

Yes, but we never will. The team around him HAS to be stellar, and we are far from it.

With a stellar team, it would take another stellar team or bad fortune to stop it.

With a good team, and a bit of good fortune, sure.

With a decent team, and a lot of good fortune, sure.

With a crappy team*, no F'n way.

BTW, the same can be said for EVERY OTHER QB IN THE LEAGUE, BAR NONE.

* See Dolphins, Miami, 2012 - 2015.

Another way to look at it. If Miami were to switch starting QBs with a random team in the league, the odds would be better for the other team than the Dolphins, IMO.

I guess we won’t know until we do...

In all seriousness tho, if we couldn’t do it with 13, probably not gonna happen until the second coming of 13 falls in our laps. And even if that happens, who knows.

Yes, they will win at least one with him in the next 3 years.

Can WE win a super bowl with RT?
I would say have to say No.

Can a good team win a super bowl with RT?
Absolutely.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's enough time left for this team to get their **** together and allow RT a chance to compete. The only faith I have in Tbum is his ability to sabotage the team's immediate future to keep his current team painfully mediocre. And that means we have to get Tbum fired, and then give ourselves another couple of years just to fix everything he screwed up, and then hope our next GM (and probably head coach if Tbum has finally been fired) are actually good. And by that point RT will be lucky to still be in the league, and who knows if he would still be on the Dolphins.

I feel RT was just turning the corner in all aspects of his game most notably, his pocket awareness before he went down. There is no reason to believe, a healthy RT cannot pick up where he left off.

On the Marino comparisons, Dan was blessed with among other things, great offensive lines that kept him relatively clean. However, he also helped himself quite a bit by making quick reads, quick decisions and snapping that legendary wrist of his. I suspect that the game will slow down for RT and you will see the most improvement in the aforementioned critical area where Dan was so masterful. I feel good about RT because, he's had an outsiders perspective of the position watching from the bench, QB meetings, and individual film study for almost 2 yrs. Mind is refreshed, body has healed, and by what I've seen he looks jacked.

Another thing, some of us forget is that the Dolphins were almost always one of the least penalized teams in the entire NFL for almost an entire decade. We did not beat ourselves with stupid penalties. Dolphins' have been the exact opposite in this area since RT's been here. You can't expect a QB's winning percentage to be exceptional with a mountain of TEAM inflicted wounds. QB success cannot be sustained with drive killing penalties and Defenses that can't get stops.

I do believe with the right ingredients RT can lead the Dolphins to a Super Bowl win. Too many equally skilled QB and certainly inferior QB's than RT have done it with the right mix of talent and the perfect amount of luck.

Let's see what happens...

Last edited:
Yes, but not with the current Front Office and Coaching Staff personnel. IMO, Miami won't be successful until Ross cleans house completely, and lets someone else do the hiring, as every personnel decision he's made has been bad.

You have to actually score points against playoff caliber teams with good defenses in order to win a Super Bowl.

So I'd say it's doubtful at best.

Back
Top Bottom