Can't miss prospect? OT edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can't miss prospect? OT edition

Actually I will say cinci would far and away prefer a left tackle so they can move Jonah williams to the right side where he belongs. That slater kid as a plan b at right tackle with williams at left I could see that.

I’m still not sure Jonah williams won’t kick inside to left guard at some point anyways

i guess you are saying those two teams are coming for QBs cause otherwise they ain’t coming and paying that kinda price.

am I getting Marvin Harrison, or anquan boldin or Santana moss in return. All comps that I can see for those 3 WRs. Chase might be a faster version I suppose of boldin which adds value no doubt. Of the 3 I will take Harrison.

as for the Sewell thing I haven’t watched much of him I asked for the nfl comp being that I was hearing some traits that reminded me of jake Matthews from a strength and length aspect of things. But I didn’t hear anything back.
Right thats why I picked those 2 teams. I would think they are both starting to look at QB.

I mean the wrs in this draft could be busts also. But I'd rather roll the dice on one of those and whats probably a top 10 pick next year rather than just Sewell. Youre definitely not wrong if you disagree its just an oppinion.

The only fact I have said is the amount of busts and realistically if we looked at all picks in the top 5 or 10 or 1st round the bust potential is high. Sewell looks great. He should be a stud but he isnt a lock. No one is

Robert Gallery was going to be the best tackle to ever play the game going into the draft. Regarded as "the best lineman to come out of college in years",[1] Gallery was selected with the second overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders. With a perfect 9.0 Draft Prospect Rating, the highest for any offensive lineman,

I know I keep going back to tackles but really...you can do this at any position for the most part. Banking what 20 year old kids will be as they grow into adults doesn't seem to have great odds

You do realize trent williams made the pro bowl this year right? 8 time pro bowler, what a complete bust.
You do realise I didnt unclude him in the busts right? In fact I included him with the great ones.

You do realise I said his team was willing to let him leave vs paying him right

Right thats why I picked those 2 teams. I would think they are both starting to look at QB.

I mean the wrs in this draft could be busts also. But I'd rather roll the dice on one of those and whats probably a top 10 pick next year rather than just Sewell. Youre definitely not wrong if you disagree its just an oppinion.

The only fact I have said is the amount of busts and realistically if we looked at all picks in the top 5 or 10 or 1st round the bust potential is high. Sewell looks great. He should be a stud but he isnt a lock. No one is

Robert Gallery was going to be the best tackle to ever play the game going into the draft. Regarded as "the best lineman to come out of college in years",[1] Gallery was selected with the second overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders. With a perfect 9.0 Draft Prospect Rating, the highest for any offensive lineman,

I know I keep going back to tackles but really...you can do this at any position for the most part. Banking what 20 year old kids will be as they grow into adults doesn't seem to have great odds

if you want to talk bust tackle you should be talking about the former auburn kid Robinson drafted I think 2nd overall never really asked to take true pass sets in college. I knew a lot of folks that had top 5 grades on that kid.

I don’t think Sewell is gonna be in that category as long as his technique is high level. If he’s got Jake Matthews level gifts and technique he isn’t busting.

if you want to talk bust tackle you should be talking about the former auburn kid drafted I think 2nd overall never really asked to take true pass sets in college. I knew a lot of folks that had top 5 grades on that kid.

I don’t think Sewell is gonna be in that category as long as his technique is high level. If he’s got Jake Matthews level gifts and technique he isn’t busting.
Not saying he will bust. Just saying there is no such thing as a sure thing man. If I couldn't get an extra first... I would stay at 3, pick Sewell and hopefully have a really good line for awhile.

There's no guarantee we get 2 top 10 picks. For all we know whoever we trade the pick to makes the playoffs and now it's a 9th and 20th.
That’s why I prefer Detroit at 7. That’s as close to a guarantee of a top 10 pick as their is lol. Poor Lions

There's no guarantee we get 2 top 10 picks. For all we know whoever we trade the pick to makes the playoffs and now it's a 9th and 20th.
Very very true. The odds are high teams like Carolina and Detroit are a ways out

if you gonna trade out that’s where I think you gonna find it. You don’t want to drop far either.

3 to 5 maybe you get their second rounder. Let atlanta take their guy at 4 if you aren’t taking it at 3 and work from there with pick 5

I don’t care what cincis owner has done prior if they view Sewell as can’t miss and got to have unless they just call your bluff and force you to take your guy at 3 I guarantee you that they have protecting burrow as mission numero uno this offseason. They just might think you aren’t taking Sewell anyways betting on development of Jackson and Hunt at tackle.

now watch this all be moot and the Jets take sewell at 2 anyway lol

then you got to hope someone’s coming for a qb but I still think you don’t want to move far. You got 4 picks in the top 50 already if you can’t do damage with that then it’s on you.
IMO the 3rd pick is even more valuable if Wilson and Fields are available. A team knows they can get their guy at 3 before Atlanta picks. It is a good chance for them to draft Matt Ryan’s replacement. If that is the route they want to go.

I don’t know but folks got to remember that was a true sophomore with absolutely no reason to think that he or chase or parsons etc wouldn’t have improved at the same clip any of these other kids that did play did.

I mean I’d be willing to bet just based off the talent level some of these kids would have improved even more.

Pac 12 defense couldn't rush a passer if they actually got paid to do.

Penei Sewell is not better than Tunsil, his team gifted us the 3rd overall pick.

I don’t know but folks got to remember that was a true sophomore with absolutely no reason to think that he or chase or parsons etc wouldn’t have improved at the same clip any of these other kids that did play did.

I mean I’d be willing to bet just based off the talent level some of these kids would have improved even more.
I'm happy if we end up with one of those 3. Im happier if we get one and a first next year haha.

IMO the 3rd pick is even more valuable if Wilson and Fields are available. A team knows they can get their guy at 3 before Atlanta picks. It is a good chance for them to draft Matt Ryan’s replacement. If that is the route they want to go.

yeah but teams let QBs come to em too. Sometimes top 10 goes to chalk like it did just this last draft. No movement whatsoever. But yeah I’m with ya that if Miami trades out it will either be for someone coming for a qb or maybe cinci coming for it’s preferred oline target

can’t see anything else someone paying the price for. And I’m sure a oline trade out nets less return than a qb one

yeah but teams let QBs come to em too. Sometimes top 10 goes to chalk like it did just this last draft. No movement whatsoever. But yeah I’m with ya that if Miami trades out it will either be for someone coming for a qb or maybe cinci coming for it’s preferred oline target

can’t see anything else someone paying the price for. And I’m sure a oline trade out nets less return than a qb one
Which is why unless Cincy was our only option to trade down I wouldn’t do a deal with them. The return for them coming up to get an OL is going to be nothing compared to Detroit Carolina or Denver coming up for a QB. Plus Cincy is at 5 we are at 3 thats only a 2 spot jump. It wouldn’t be the return we’re all hoping for.

Which is why unless Cincy was our only option to trade down I wouldn’t do a deal with them. The return for them coming up to get an OL is going to be nothing compared to Detroit Carolina or Denver coming up for a QB. Plus Cincy is at 5 we are at 3 thats only a 2 spot jump. It wouldn’t be the return we’re all hoping for.

yeah but if you still get your guy at 5 ie you aren’t worried about the falcons at 4 taking your guy or you have multiple guys with similar grades you are willing to take one of why wouldn’t you take cincis high 2 to move back a couple spots? If that’s all it netted. Giving you 5 picks in the top 50

I would. If the qb bounty return doesn’t come my way it is what it is. And I want a blue chip prospect return. Confident I can get it at 5 might get trumped I drop too far anyways. But if it never comes then I make the bird in hand trade

not to mention you never know at 5 your phone might ring for the qb and you have similar grades at that point for multiples.

this things got 3 1/2 months of fluidity to play out so...

Back
Top Bottom