Chase is the Alpha WR in the draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase is the Alpha WR in the draft

That would be Waddle. Apparently he is the fastest WR in the draft. I guess we will see more at the combine. All of the receivers that are coveted would be great. My top pick would be Chase then Waddle.

Smith is the best WR at creating separation. If Waddle separated like Smith, he'd be the clear Top WR in the class - and the top WR of the last 10 years.

That would be Waddle. Apparently he is the fastest WR in the draft. I guess we will see more at the combine. All of the receivers that are coveted would be great. My top pick would be Chase then Waddle.

There will not be combine this year. There will be pro days.

Here is a guy that we might consider in round 5 if he's there. Sammy Watkins cousin.

Smith is the best WR at creating separation. If Waddle separated like Smith, he'd be the clear Top WR in the class - and the top WR of the last 10 years.
The fact that Smith didn't shine until Waddle was lost for the season is worth looking at. However, I admit I cant argue against your logic.

The fact that Smith didn't shine until Waddle was lost for the season is worth looking at. However, I admit I cant argue against your logic.
I think that is an overstatement.

Smith was playing well before Waddle went down.

I would say him stepping up without Waddle is a point in his favor as defenses should have been able to concetrate on him more fully.

I think that is an overstatement.

Smith was playing well before Waddle went down.

I would say him stepping up without Waddle is a point in his favor as defenses should have been able to concetrate on him more fully.
What is scary is that Waddle had more yards than Smith before he went down.

Nonsense. Smith was the top WR at Alabama last year in terms of yards and TDs. Waddle had half the receptions, yards, and TD's in 2019 when both were healthy.

Nonsense. Smith was the top WR at Alabama last year in terms of yards and TDs. Waddle had half the receptions, yards, and TD's in 2019 when both were healthy.
TBF Waddle was at least a year behind Smith in his development and was not used nearly as much in the passing game, because he was behind Ruggs, Jeudy and Smith. Waddle was playing better tham Smith before going down, now could he have kept that up if he had stayed healthy, that's the big question, the paced set by Smith after the waddle injury was amazing, was that because he was getting more targets, or did he significantly step up his game ? Whichever way you dice it though both are outstanding prospects.

I think Chase will flourish in any system whereas Smith will benefit from plays called specifically for him. To clarify, that isn’t an insult to Smith. Go and watch the film, or at least the highlights, from games after Waddle went down. Sarkisian made him the focus of the offense and he delivered. Watch the National Championship game. Pre-snap motions and good play calling let him absolutely embarrass the Ohio State defense. If we don’t have an OC that will use creative ways to get Smith the ball I feel like Chase would be a better option.

I think Chase's speed is overlooked. He still ran by everybody, too. The ability to win contested catches is an addendum to his abilities to also separate and run by guys. I just think he's already NFL-ready, while I think Smith will get some comeuppance from elite CBs.

But

I did watch more film after I started this thread so Im much less set in my original stance.

TBF Waddle was at least a year behind Smith in his development and was not used nearly as much in the passing game, because he was behind Ruggs, Jeudy and Smith. Waddle was playing better tham Smith before going down, now could he have kept that up if he had stayed healthy, that's the big question, the paced set by Smith after the waddle injury was amazing, was that because he was getting more targets, or did he significantly step up his game ? Whichever way you dice it though both are outstanding prospects.
I agree that Waddle could wind up being an incredible value.

The 40 times are going to have impact. I feel like Chase's speed is better than how he's being described here.
But, if Smith is 4.3 and Chase is 4.5 then I lean towards Smith. But if we're only talking about a single 10th of a second then Im leaning Chase.

Avoided watching any Chase tape until tonight. Knew he was good and could be a huge addition to Miami.

Still feel the same. He's tough, he's natural. Makes it look easy.

Right now, I could take him at #3. Tua would have a very good WR.

The 40 times are going to have impact. I feel like Chase's speed is better than how he's being described here.
But, if Smith is 4.3 and Chase is 4.5 then I lean towards Smith. But if we're only talking about a single 10th of a second then Im leaning Chase.
Gonna be tough to trust guys times this year especially

Back
Top Bottom