Chicken Little and Boy Who Cired Wolves, please help me to understand. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chicken Little and Boy Who Cired Wolves, please help me to understand.

No you weren't. Ryan "No Pocket Awareness" Tannnehill is trash and will never win a superbowl. Mediocrity is all you recognize as greatness if think Ryan Tannehill is a great quarterback.

Oh, for the love of God.

The dude just won Comeback Player of the Year.

And here's what everyone on the planet seems to miss:

When teams focus on stopping a power run game, Ryan Tannehill more often than not kicks the ever-loving holy **** out of them. Kinda like what happened this past Sunday.

You can absolutely win a championship with Ryan Tannehill, a power run game, and a solid defense. He doesn't have to be "great" in your eyes to do that. If you cannot see that, that's on you.

Pretty much everyone else seems to be praising Tannehill nowadays

Don’t let the back and forth get too personal in here guys

It is too early to gauge where the team is. Especially with no preseason games and so many changes, young players etc.

At least the team has been competitive, even having a late lead against Buffalo. After two games last year, Miami was outscored 102-10!

That said, the defense has looked lost and downright terrible in most respects. That's a surprise with the amount of talent added to that side. Not to mention players familiar with the scheme. Too soon to panic, but definitely worth discussing.

Oh, for the love of God.

The dude just won Comeback Player of the Year.

And here's what everyone on the planet seems to miss:

When teams focus on stopping a power run game, Ryan Tannehill more often than not kicks the ever-loving holy **** out of them. Kinda like what happened this past Sunday.

You can absolutely win a championship with Ryan Tannehill, a power run game, and a solid defense. He doesn't have to be "great" in your eyes to do that. If you cannot see that, that's on you.

I don't see Tannehill doing it without everything else around him going perfectly right. In the end, I dont want a QB like that. Where everything else has to be perfect just for them to succeed. I want a QB who can come back when his team isnt playing well.

How can you still say Tannehill is trash after he took the Titans to the Playoffs and landed a 100 M contract. He has a hot wife, huge money and he's the starting QB of a 2-0 team. Trash?? Only if you personally hate him would you call him that when he's proved otherwise.

I can think of a word to describe him, but the moderators wouldn't be very happy.

See what I mean? People on here are still on it about Tannehill. I guess we cut Tannehill because he was so good. He is still the same guy on a better team.

To describe him as trash is exagerated but mediocre is accurate.

Here's what I have a hard time with...
  1. Grier has been doing a great job(been in charge since 2016)
  2. Flores has been doing a great job.(5-13 as head coach)
  3. Fitzpatrick is not the reason we are losing(ranked anywhere from 30th to 27th in pretty much any metric you want to use for QBs)
  4. The reason they are losing is because they have no skill position players worth a damn.(Who is in charge of aquiring those players?)
  5. The reason they lose is because they changed half the coaches during the off-season.(Who is in charge of the coaching staff?)
  6. The reason they lose is because they changed half the roster.(Why did half the roster need to be changed to begin with?)
Most of the time, a thread is being started about one of these points and blame is passed elsewhere, then another thread pops up and blame is passed along nicely again... Thing is, Grier has been in charge since 2016, and we're still talking about a throwaway season... Nevermind that you are positively throwing away a rookie contract year of your future at QB.

Here's what I have a hard time with...
  1. Grier has been doing a great job(been in charge since 2016)
  2. Flores has been doing a great job.(5-13 as head coach)
  3. Fitzpatrick is not the reason we are losing(ranked anywhere from 30th to 27th in pretty much any metric you want to use for QBs)
  4. The reason they are losing is because they have no skill position players worth a damn.(Who is in charge of aquiring those players?)
  5. The reason they lose is because they changed half the coaches during the off-season.(Who is in charge of the coaching staff?)
  6. The reason they lose is because they changed half the roster.(Why did half the roster need to be changed to begin with?)
Most of the time, a thread is being started about one of these points and blame is passed elsewhere, then another thread pops up and blame is passed along nicely again... Thing is, Grier has been in charge since 2016, and we're still talking about a throwaway season... Nevermind that you are positively throwing away a rookie contract year of your future at QB.

Hey man, didnt you read the posts above? The Dolphins are doing a great job. Like when they traded future MVP Ryan Tannehill for peanuts. All of our players are great specially Bobby McCain. To say anything otherwise makes you a negative Nancy. So shush it mister

I don't see Tannehill doing it without everything else around him going perfectly right. In the end, I dont want a QB like that. Where everything else has to be perfect just for them to succeed. I want a QB who can come back when his team isnt playing well.

I get it. I do.

You know what I don't want? I don't want a QB who can drag a "pretty good" team into the playoffs all by himself for a decade and a half...and then lose because the team was inherently flawed...and the QB was probably the best passer the league has ever seen. So those flaws were masked throughout the season and then exposed when Miami ran into a genuine championship team.

That's what happened to Marino for fifteen ******* years. And ask Andrew Luck how that worked out.

The Dolphins failed to use Tannehill properly. They did. That doesn't make Tannehill an elite QB, but they damn sure could have used him better. They didn't.

They failed Marino far worse.

IMO, a QB who can bring the team back from a 4th quarter deficit is key. But it isn't nearly as important as having a team around him that doesn't continually put him in that position all the time.

Hey man, didnt you read the posts above? The Dolphins are doing a great job. Like when they traded future MVP Ryan Tannehill for peanuts. All of our players are great specially Bobby McCain. To say anything otherwise makes you a negative Nancy. So shush it mister
People can like Tannehill and also dislike McCain and other bums at the same time. Not everything is all total homer vs total cynic

People can like Tannehill and also dislike McCain and other bums at the same time. Not everything is all total homer vs total cynic
No but if the homers went against the cynics for the last 20 years, the cynics would have won the I told you so award in a historical blowout... Just sayin'

No but if the homers went against the cynics for the last 20 years, the cynics would have won the I told you so award in a historical blowout... Just sayin'

And over a 20 year period with any nfl team except maybe the unprecented patriots run, the cynics would come out way ahead. Only 1 team wins each year, on 31 other teams the cynics were right.

How the he— did this turn into another Tannehill posting? He now plays for the Titans and if people want to discuss him they should go to the Titans forum and hopefully his name will cease to be discussed anymore on the Dolphin forum.

I get it. I do.

You know what I don't want? I don't want a QB who can drag a "pretty good" team into the playoffs all by himself for a decade and a half...and then lose because the team was inherently flawed...and the QB was probably the best passer the league has ever seen. So those flaws were masked throughout the season and then exposed when Miami ran into a genuine championship team.

That's what happened to Marino for fifteen ******* years. And ask Andrew Luck how that worked out.

The Dolphins failed to use Tannehill properly. They did. That doesn't make Tannehill an elite QB, but they damn sure could have used him better. They didn't.

They failed Marino far worse.

IMO, a QB who can bring the team back from a 4th quarter deficit is key. But it isn't nearly as important as having a team around him that doesn't continually put him in that position all the time.

Great post. Seriously. Using Marino to prove your point just... muah.

Are the Miami Dolphins the only team who didn't have preseason games? I keep seeing this "no preseason" thing. Our opponents didn't have preseason, and the Patriots had a brand new qb
Everyone I should in the same boat, but the pats were a better team last year, and this year, than what Miami are.
Cam Newton is a better QB than what Fitz is, and he suits the Pats game style.
Miami are still struggling with defence, and with so many new players, it's not a surprise.
Miami were not a playoff team in 2020. They were always going to be better than last year, but we are still one good draft and FA away from being a playoff team.

Back
Top Bottom