Chicken Little and Boy Who Cired Wolves, please help me to understand. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chicken Little and Boy Who Cired Wolves, please help me to understand.

No but if the homers went against the cynics for the last 20 years, the cynics would have won the I told you so award in a historical blowout... Just sayin'
Hard to argue that one

How the he— did this turn into another Tannehill posting? He now plays for the Titans and if people want to discuss him they should go to the Titans forum and hopefully his name will cease to be discussed anymore on the Dolphin forum.

Id say it’s off topic but this whole thread is one giant off topic

Hard to argue that one
And we're all up in here arguing about single moves and who's fault it is while they keep throwing darts... Most playoff teams do something at an elite level and that makes the rest of the team look better...

Most of the time these days that thing is the passing game but look at the Titans, elite running game, makes the QB look great, offense hard to stop, hard to play against team... KC with an ELITE passing offense, defense always playing with a lead, complete nightmare for opponents. Seahawks started their run with a great great D, helping out the young QB and allowed the running game to rule.

Meanwhile, Fins draft a QB, give top CB money in back to back years, no pass rush whatsoever and, one of the youngest OL in the league and the only speed worth talking about on offense is between the 3rd RB and 4th WR... There's absolutely no coherence in there... None!

You've got the top 2 paid CBs in the league, who dont make an ounce of difference on your team because your offense sucks as it is void of vet talent and cant score. Furthermore deemed too inadequate to insert one of the top QB to come out in the last 5 years. So while they're wasting one cheap year of his contract waiting for the OL to mature and become good, those top paid CBs are getting older and more expensive... When the offense is ready to fire on all cylinders, it'll be time to extend your once but no more cheap QB and cut those ****ing CBs because they're now un-resignable...

And round and round we go... Call me whatever the **** you want, Im done being a homer...

And we're all up in here arguing about single moves and who's fault it is while they keep throwing darts... Most playoff teams do something at an elite level and that makes the rest of the team look better...

Most of the time these days that thing is the passing game but look at the Titans, elite running game, makes the QB look great, offense hard to stop, hard to play against team... KC with an ELITE passing offense, defense always playing with a lead, complete nightmare for opponents. Seahawks started their run with a great great D, helping out the young QB and allowed the running game to rule.

Meanwhile, Fins draft a QB, give top CB money in back to back years, no pass rush whatsoever and, one of the youngest OL in the league and the only speed worth talking about on offense is between the 3rd RB and 4th WR... There's absolutely no coherence in there... None!

You've got the top 2 paid CBs in the league, who dont make an ounce of difference on your team because your offense sucks as it is void of vet talent and cant score. Furthermore deemed too inadequate to insert one of the top QB to come out in the last 5 years. So while they're wasting one cheap year of his contract waiting for the OL to mature and become good, those top paid CBs are getting older and more expensive... When the offense is ready to fire on all cylinders, it'll be time to extend your once but no more cheap QB and cut those ****ing CBs because they're now un-resignable...

And round and round we go... Call me whatever the **** you want, Im done being a homer...
Are you really ranting because Tua is being sat year 1... 2 games into a season... and we're not going to take advantage of 1 year of his rookie contract?

Nothing about this makes any sense. When the offense is ready to fire on all cylinders, who cares about the older CBs because you get the money back to spend on whatever you want. You act as like we're in a bad position sitting here with "one of the top QB to come out in the last 5 year" and "one of the youngest OL in the league" who are playing pretty good, mind you. I'll take that enviable position all day.

After the last 20 years, you really think I'm supposed to be upset if everything around a franchise QB and a good Oline is mismanaged? So if it is, they get fired and you get first dibs on literally anybody else in the entire league you want to hire because they have a protected Tua to work with.

Are you really ranting because Tua is being sat year 1... 2 games into a season... and we're not going to take advantage of 1 year of his rookie contract?

Nothing about this makes any sense. When the offense is ready to fire on all cylinders, who cares about the older CBs because you get the money back to spend on whatever you want. You act as like we're in a bad position sitting here with "one of the top QB to come out in the last 5 year" and "one of the youngest OL in the league" who are playing pretty good, mind you. I'll take that enviable position all day.

After the last 20 years, you really think I'm supposed to be upset if everything around a franchise QB and a good Oline is mismanaged? So if it is, they get fired and you get first dibs on literally anybody else in the entire league you want to hire because they have a protected Tua to work with.
No... Im ranting about the Fins inability to focus on building even one aspect of playing football great... Instead throwing darts with no direction whatsoever. Anwser me this simple question: What good is having the top 2 paid corners in the league if you dont expect to be at least middle of the pack at scoring points?

No... Im ranting about the Fins inability to focus on building even one aspect of playing football great... Instead throwing darts with no direction whatsoever. Anwser me this simple question: What good is having the top 2 paid corners in the league if you dont expect to be at least middle of the pack at scoring points?
You literally just said that they don't focus on building one aspect to be great... In a post where you mention that they have 2 of the top paid corners (they're not the top 2) and drafted another in the first round. Like I said, it doesn't make sense.

This is Howard's last year in Miami, so that solves one of the awful contracts to CBs.... i agree signing Byron Jones was not the right move for this franchise. That money should have been spread out to 2 to 3 players to help the team overall. But Jones and Noah are the future for our secondary and hopefully they can warrant the money and extremely high draft pick used on them.

Patty Mahomes voids your argument about wasting a year. Hes come out and said that year behind Alex Smith was invaluable to his current success..... all that being said, I totally agree with your current plight of the team.

Everyone wants to point out that we need to be patient and we're rebuilding and we shouldn't have high expectations and don't overreact, blah, blah, blah....

How about, just for once in 20 years we come out and look like a competitive team. Display balance, look innovative on offense or stout on defense. We've all been waiting decades at this point to feel happy about this team.

Maybe some of us are just exhausted of waiting to see a drastic improvment to this team. On paper we should be a totally different team on defense, but we still can't stop the run or pass rush.

If Flores is such a genius, why did he totally rebuild his coaching staff after 1 season? Chan Gailey is not impressive at all.

Its also not only the fact we lost the first 2 games, its the way our offense has looked absolulty vanilla and predictable and our defense has shown no innovative play calling. Its been very poor coaching this season, i don't see how anyone can argue that. Our playcalling is decades behind, its alarming.

New England lost their QB and 7 starters opted out or left via free agency on the Defense... should we have expected to win that game? Maybe not but when you add in all the years we got dominated by them, we shoulda been ready to pounce on them week 1 and what did we get??? Same old Dolphins bs football. Bad QB play, poor defense and awful playcalling.

I'm with you im done being a homer. Weve been more than patient with this franchise.

You literally just said that they don't focus on building one aspect to be great... In a post where you mention that they have 2 of the top paid corners (they're not the top 2) and drafted another in the first round. Like I said, it doesn't make sense.
Exactly it doesnt make sense to have great CBs if you have no pass rush to speak of and completely void of scoring ability... its a ****ing waste. Its exactly what I mean, they dont even understand how football works. What are those CBs when you're playing 2 scores behind all game and teams just have no interest in testing them when they can just plow through you with the run game, knowing full well... You just cant score.

They're ****ing lost.

Doodaaa doodaaa! We got great CBs! Lets put that ****ing trophy up on the wall...

0006.png

Exactly it doesnt make sense to have great CBs if you have no pass rush to speak of and completely void of scoring ability... its a ****ing waste. Its exactly what I mean, they dont even understand how football works. What are those CBs when you're playing 2 scores behind all game and teams just have no interest in testing them when they can just plow through you with the run game, knowing full well... You just cant score.

They're ****ing lost.

Doodaaa doodaaa! We got great CBs! Lets put that ****ing trophy up on the wall...
Analytics says that spending on coverage will give you on average 1 more win than spending on pass rush btw.

The Patriots believe that which is why they always spend on corners, including paying Revis when they drag their feet to even pay Brady.

Analytics says that spending on coverage will give you on average 1 more win than spending on pass rush btw.

The Patriots believe that which is why they always spend on corners, including paying Revis when they drag their feet to even pay Brady.
The patriots were leading the league in scoring most years, does that sound like the Fins situation right now?

Byron jones didn’t exactly look like his cowboys self either out the gate.

had a bit of a feel of a guy going thru the motion albeit for one game and what a couple snaps

The patriots are paying one corner that’s it. Gilmore. Jc Jackson is a rookie tender making dirt money and Jonathon jones is a hell of a slot and probably makes mccain money. except he’s actually good

The patriots were leading the league in scoring most years, does that sound like the Fins situation right now?
The Patriots didn't put up points until they got Welker and Moss. Before that they were winning Super Bowls with secondary and linebackers.

Back
Top Bottom