Chubb For A First And A Massive Contract, Chase Young For A Third | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chubb For A First And A Massive Contract, Chase Young For A Third

This. You can tell people that actually have watched Young play vs the he was picked 2nd overall crowd. Now he is still young and could turn it around but he is trending more towards bust for a 2nd overall or a situational pass rusher vs an everydown edge rusher.
In fairness to him, I think the injuries really put him in a tailspin. Hopefully a change a scenery will help him out, because the kid had a lot of talent coming in to the league.

true, listen I'm no Chase Young banner waiver although he does wreck some drives and is tough to block but seems disinterested at times as you alluded to. I also like Chubb just wanted Roquan for our D. I think he wrecks games and has more upside than Chubb. That being said, I am happy that Chubb is flourishing and look forward to him making some big plays. If he disappears on Sun I'll be disappointed.
Oh I agree I would have taken Smith over Chubb. I don't think.the late first was bad value really for Chubb. But when you throw in that we (at least to me) overpaid Chubb on his extension, that's what I didn't like. But we had to sign him after giving up a 1st. I wanted Smith but he was more of a gamble on the contract IIRC, and he was his own agent and was demanding huge money.

I live near Chicago and Bears fans have never been more disappointed in an organization than they are now. More and more are believing that Fields is a bust, that management can't build and team, and the coaching staff can't coach. Hard to argue with that. They got a boatload in trade for the #1 pick, had a **** ton of cap money to spend, and....they are horrid. The trading of what turned out to be the 32nd pick for Claypool and then not less than a year later flipped him to the Dolphins to basically move up a few picks late in the draft.....what a horrible miscalculation.
I was never high on Fields, but I'm old school and just can't ever get behind QBs who must run in order to be successful.

That said... they've got two top of the draft picks coming and they could decide to either go QB and Harrison... or keep Fields and move those two picks for a freaking boatload of picks...

I like the Sweat move... they just filled their edge need... if they can sign him.

Oh I agree I would have taken Smith over Chubb. I don't think.the late first was bad value really for Chubb. But when you throw in that we (at least to me) overpaid Chubb on his extension, that's what I didn't like. But we had to sign him after giving up a 1st. I wanted Smith but he was more of a gamble on the contract IIRC, and he was his own agent and was demanding huge money.
Chubb is getting good money for an Edge player... Smith is getting stupid money for a linebacker... of the two, Smith's contract is the eyesore.

In fairness to him, I think the injuries really put him in a tailspin. Hopefully a change a scenery will help him out, because the kid had a lot of talent coming in to the league.
Oh for sure injuries don't help at all. And he could still very much turn it around still. I just see it as a concern because he displayed some of those same traits in college as well. Tended to dominant less talented opponents, then disappears vs the big boys. Some guys said he was better then the Bosa's or Hutchinson. I just never saw the want to just dominante the opponents like those guys especially in the big games.

valid, let's hope he plays like last week against the Chiefs and all will be forgotten. Showing up in big games is what separates the men from the boys.

Chubb is getting good money for an Edge player... Smith is getting stupid money for a linebacker... of the two, Smith's contract is the eyesore.
Ya kinda what I meant. At the time I liked Smith as a player and fit over Chubb, but was scared of his contract demands.

Ya kinda what I meant. At the time I liked Smith as a player and fit over Chubb, but was scared of his contract demands.
That was my take and why I was firmly against it. He's getting 65m over three years... guaranteed.

We got Long for 2 years and 10.

He is not that much worse.

That was my take and why I was firmly against it. He's getting 65m over three years... guaranteed.

We got Long for 2 years and 10.

He is not that much worse.
Yep. Just way to much money for an off ball Lber, even if he is damn good in coverage.

Once the Fins get their secondary house in order w/Xman, Ramsey, Holland, Needham, look out! Chubby gonna rumble as QB's have to hang on to the ball longer as nobody will be open!

Yep. Just way to much money for an off ball Lber, even if he is damn good in coverage.
Salary cap football is different... you have to decide where you want to spend your cash.

I'm a believer in the QB/Edge/OT/CB/WR hierarchy.

I struggle with paying top 20 type contracts to players from 'lesser' positions. Oh, I'd do it on a short term contract at a position of need... but that brings us back to Wilkins.... and maybe Holland in the long run.
Signing guys from off positions leaves less ammo for the places where you have to spend.

Salary cap football is different... you have to decide where you want to spend your cash.

I'm a believer in the QB/Edge/OT/CB/WR hierarchy.

I struggle with paying top 20 type contracts to players from 'lesser' positions. Oh, I'd do it on a short term contract at a position of need... but that brings us back to Wilkins.... and maybe Holland in the long run.
Signing guys from off positions leaves less ammo for the places where you have to spend.
I agree and have pretty much the same hierarchy.

I love Wilkins. Great player, lunchbox attitude and great teammates. But I don't want top 5 DT money for him, just don't know if he brings enough pass rush to the table. Now a guy like Donald ya **** give him top 5 overall D money let alone DT money, but he is a unicorn at DT from a pass rush standpoint.

At first look, Chase Young. Game changer. Then I look at stats for 2023 courtesy of Fantasy Pros and hmmm.... Chubb looking as good or better. I think we paid too much but he is coming on.

Young has never been a game changer.

We got the better deal.

We got an every down, hard working player. They got a situational pass rusher with injury issues and a crappy motor.
Chubb also has injury issues. He hasn't played a full season since his rookie year. Sure Young has missed more games but that doesn't negate the games Chubb has missed.

Young was available for the cheap price because he is always injured and just hasn’t been that good since entering the league.
‘’Chubb was definitely the better player and the Dolphins made the best trade by a wide margin.

Back
Top Bottom