CJ Anderson stays in Denver | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CJ Anderson stays in Denver

I'm okay with CJ not coming...not optimal, but not the end of the world either...I just think the worst part is knowing in my Miami Dolphins fan heart of hearts there was NO backup plan. I'm sure Barry Jackson will report any moment the Dolphins were "shocked" and are now scrambling.

hope we don't knee jerk and go out and overpay a washed up foster, johnson, or morris. expecting it though

Everyone's mad that we missed out and saying there isn't any good rb left on the market but remember CJ was an undrafted rb and miller was a mid round guy... RBs arent too hard to find

If you're the miami dolphins, they are lol.

But really, youre right. Look how many guys end up coming from mid/late rounds and doing well. Ajayi's shelf-life is short regardless, so we should draft someone late day 2 / early day 3 of the draft. And in 2017, we can hit it again if need be, in a stronger rb class.

Can't believe people are so upset by this. A healthy Foster or Alfred Morris is still an upgrade from last year.

Relax, this is not the position to bitch about.

While I agree, I sorta' have to be pessimistic like everyone else and mention that Foster hasn't been healthy in over two years and Morris looks to be on the decline.

I'm not angry about this but I can understand why most are.

It's not about missing out on CJ. He would have hardly helped our plight anyway... It's the frustration of spending all that time waiting and hoping on CJ, watching perfectly good guards, corners and linebackers go to other teams whilst we waited.... waited for nothing.

This roster has more holes than two pieces of swiss cheese. They're not getting filled.

can't wait to see what mistake he makes next

just go to the draft and drop your 4th rounder on a rb...

Not sure what youre advocating hoops, you think its a mistake for a 4th on a rb? Or you'd do it? I mean it kind of depends who is there and how the first 3 rounds go.

1. cb 2. guard 3. ? 4. ?

ideally, in my mind we wait until the 5th, but I'm all game for some young blood

Holy Moses people... just relax. Didn't you see this coming?

It's not the end of the world. All this crap about Miller too. I would never have paid him what he got in Houston. Miller was a VERY average back.

Anderson would've been an upgrade. So that part sucks.

In the end I don't care who we sign because they're going to be stop gaps anyway. Can't you all tell by the way the offseason has gone that it ISN'T about this year? This is rebuilding the team for Gase. It's going to take more than one offseason.

So.. who is next?

Why do you consider Anderson to be an upgrade from a "VERY average" Miller?

2015:
Anderson - 152 carries for 720 yards, 5 TDs, 25 receptions and 0 TDs.
Miller - 194 carries for 872 yards, 8 TDs, 47 receptions and 2 TDs.

2014:
Anderson - 179 carries for 849 yards, 8 TDs, 34 receptions and 2 TDs.
Miller - 216 carries for 1,099 yards, 8 TDs, 38 receptions and 1 TD.

Anderson didn't carry Denver to the Super Bowl. I'd love to hear how he's an upgrade.

I knew this would happen and we deserve what we get! Next time we need to learn to take care of our own and it clear as day this organization didn't have a plan going into FA so let's prepare for another 7-9 season.

Not sure what youre advocating hoops, you think its a mistake for a 4th on a rb? Or you'd do it? I mean it kind of depends who is there and how the first 3 rounds go.

1. cb 2. guard 3. ? 4. ?

ideally, in my mind we wait until the 5th, but I'm all game for some young blood

I think the 4th round value on a rb is gonna be pretty strong...but you are gonna have to watch for the run and not be asleep at the wheel...when it comes

knowing us we will be

You guys are kidding me...this move was going to make or break our team? Jeez, even Denver took until the last minute to decide if he was worth it.

Last I checked not having a good running game could break any team especially when you have a team that is as piss poor at pass blocking as this one has been.

Ajayi has shown some promise but hasn't proved he can be the guy yet, especially with concerns over his knee.

Denver recognized the best thing they could do is keep consistency in there running game because it will benefit whoever the QB is. CJ was CLUTCH for DEN down the stretch. Right now in MIA we don't have that benefit and we are down to some terrible RB's left in FA.

It was another hole we didn't need coming into the offseason to have to fill in the draft. I really wanted Miller to stay, would have thrilled with CJ as a replacement, intrigued by Powell, okay with Forte - now I don't see what's left in FA.

It's not about missing out on CJ. He would have hardly helped our plight anyway... It's the frustration of spending all that time waiting and hoping on CJ, watching perfectly good guards, corners and linebackers go to other teams whilst we waited.... waited for nothing.

This roster has more holes than two pieces of swiss cheese. They're not getting filled.

yep...the priorities have been as screwed up as they could be

Big ****ing deal...Plenty of RB's that can be had in the draft or later during camp cuts.

Paul Perkins in the later rounds would be a good start.

Back
Top Bottom