Clowney's asking price is dropping | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney's asking price is dropping

He had his chance, but turned Miami down. He basically pissed on Miami's attempts to trade for him. Brian Flores tried to sell him on the vision and the future but Clowney said, No Thanks, I want to play for a winner. How many times do we have to beat a dead horse with Clowney? The %$^$#% doesn't want to play for The Miami Dolphins!!! :dead::walrus

This move would make this defense legitimate. He is a potential 10 sack a year guy. Anyone who says his production is an issue has not watched him play. He disturbs the quarterback almost every play.

He is well worth 15 mil per year since he plays a premier position. We may have Ogbah and Lawson already but you can never have too many good pass rushers.
I agree w this. Doesn’t he always seem to be at the top of the QB pressures and hits list? He’s one of the most disruptive DEs in the league. I just question if he even would want to play for us after nixing the trade. My guess is Seattle resigns him.

I would pay him $1 million per each game he starts and finishes.

He is extremely disruptive and would be fun to watch (and really help XMan and Byron Jones back there).

He is looking to join a team that would make a deep playoff run AND get paid.

I can't see how Miami would be attractive to him, unless they were willing to pay him significantly more than anyone else.

I get the fan interest because obviously he would raise the defense to another level, even without the sack numbers he is a very disruptive player who would make that DL one of the strongest in the League.

If he ends up signing a one year deal somewhere and is on the market again next Feb then maybe Miami would be attractive to him.

He had his chance, but turned Miami down. He basically pissed on Miami's attempts to trade for him. Brian Flores tried to sell him on the vision and the future but Clowney said, No Thanks, I want to play for a winner. How many times do we have to beat a dead horse with Clowney? The %$^$#% doesn't want to play for The Miami Dolphins!!! :dead::walrus

JMHO, but I think Miami is done with big contracts for '20. Maybe a piece here or there when more cuts roll down, but that's about it.

Clowney thinks he is worth more than teams think he is worth. He really wasn’t that productive last year and he will probably end up signing a 1 year deal with whoever he eventually signs with. He looks like one of those players who is more interested in getting paid than he is being on a team that is trying to build a consistent winner. He will probably be one of those mercenary type players who will end up playing for many teams before his career ends because it appears he just isn’t the type of player who will ever have loyalty to any one organization.
I have no problem with him trying to get as much money as he can get but I just don’t see him being a fit for the type of team Flores is trying to build in Miami.

Miami does not need expensive Mercenaries to play because of what he's paid.

So far I have loved the plan Miami is using, they are getting younger, they are made up of hungry players that want to succeed, and prove themselves....They actually want to play football and compete.

Clowney has not shown any interest in Miami, which is fine, I will take a not as talented, but with twice the heart of clowney player, then to spend big money on a talent like Clowney that needs to be inspired to give his all every play.

now his price is $15M. Maybe that is $12M-$15M now. This is the guy that puts this defense over the top. Constant harassment and our corners will make for a stifling defense
Let me know when it gets to 8.

Id offer him 16M with incentives to get to 20 on a 1 year deal. Let him tear it up in a Miami uni getting over 10 sacks for the first time in his career. Then let him walk in a new FA year and contribute to comp picks.

Clowney's agenda is very simple, remember he has never had MEGA contract.

1. Sign long term mega-deal today....(not going to happen injury history, playing style, and possible coachability issues)

2. Sign for max dollars with a super bowl contender where he either becomes someone they sign to a mega-deal (unlikely), or becomes a 2-3 game superstar and parlays that into a Larry Brown long term contract from a dumber team (his best chance)

Neither scenario is logical from the Dolphins....thus move on. He is not worth the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom