Coaching Change?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Change??

I'll sign up for firing Burke, and tasing Gase. I've heard electroshock therapy can get ones head out of ones a$$.

Fire Burke YES
I am for losing Gase also but how about bringing in Martz NOW to take over offense for rest of season?

Worth a try?

Belichick

Year 1 6-10
Year 2 7-9
Year 3 7-9
With point differentials of

That’s -11 on a 20-28 record. Gase is -174 on a 20-20 record.

Point Differential
Ah, the old standby. In every sport I’ve ever examined, the difference between the number of points a team scores and the points it allows is a better indicator of its future win-loss record than its actual win-loss record over that same time span. Pro football is no exception, where research by Daryl Morey (yes, the same Daryl Morey who is very sad about last night’s Rockets game) found that a variant of Bill James’s Pythagorean Expectation formula can estimate what each team’s win-loss record “should” have been, given their points scored and allowed.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/t...ll-what-2014s-numbers-can-tell-us-about-2015/

Look for the day after the green bay game. We have a bye that week. That will give a new coach two weeks before a game needs to be played.

a new coach isn't gonna help ppl that can't tackle...to tackle.
Actually, that's exactly what good coaches are supposed to do...

As for the solution, it's right in my sig and what I've been saying for the past two years: Hire Tom Gamble, one of the greatest draft evaluators of all time, as GM (clear everyone else out, including Tannenbaum); hire Jim Harbaugh and let him build an all-star coaching staff that focuses on running the football with run-first powerhouse offensive linemen* and stopping the run by switching Miami to the 4-3 Under similar to what Seattle runs.

You can also clear more than half our salary cap space by cutting players that have virtually no impact on this team winning games in 2019: Robert Quinn, Andre Branch, Cameron Wake (sorry), Ju'Wuan James, TJ McDonald and Ryan Tannehill (I'm finally ready to let it go). With just those moves and a few more, you save over 50 million in cap space and would have approximately 70 million plus free for next year.

* Hire the best offensive line coach you can find, even if you have to pay more to steal one from another team. Dante Scarnecchia is proof that good o-line coaches can deliver top-shelf units year in and year out even through injuries and free agency departures. In fact, in my opinion, no other member of the assistant coaching staff is more important, including both coordinators! Get a great one with an established track record at building strong run-blocking lines: Russ Grimm, Tom Cable, Bill Callahan, Mike Munchak, Mike Tice, etc. Start with one of those. In fact, find out if Scarnecchia has got a prized pupil on his staff and back up the Brinks truck!

As long as Ross is making money the faith in Gase will continue.
8-8 and kick the can down the road.
The Fins had Shula and Robbie
Now we Harpo and Bozo.
Until we get new ownership, this mediocrity will continue.
Ross has had how many GMs, HCs, and schemes since he bought the team?
The common denominator is Ross.

I would like to know what everyone’s choice would be if you had a chance to change things from top to bottom starting with Tannenbaum and work your way down.

If I was Ross I would have a heart to heart with Marino. Tell him if he wants to run the entire organization than the job is his. Only stipulation is everyone gets **** canned. If not I would Get his opinion on everything. I would setup and meet with every NFL guy that I could to get opinions and recommendations on who they would hire to run the entire organization. Ross is a very smart business man with all the $ in the world and willing to spend it but his Football knowledge is moronic. I would then hire the most recommended GM by all the NFL people he spoke with. I would **** can every single person in the organization. Not some but fng all. Tell the new GM to build a organization from top to bottom.

I would like to know what everyone’s choice would be if you had a chance to change things from top to bottom starting with Tannenbaum and work your way down.
If Jax didn't already, I would have hired TOM COUGHLIN as the next Tannenbaum. Let him choose the GM, then let the GM choose his coach. Crazy, I know.:bang:

My choice would be Chris Petersen, but he's making a ton of money at Washington.

Id keep my eye out on Jeff Brohm for HC. He's put together winning seasons now at WKU and Purdue, as a headcoach, put them back on the map. He's done well with QBs. His defenses are always competitive. He is young, and passionate, played in the NFL, he can relate. The only question is whether he can put together good staff. But I think he can coach anywhere, his record speaks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom