Coaching Change?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Change??

I am afraid Gase is going to keep Burke the rest of the season and they will just tweek the D, change out players etc. Really was hoping Burke would be gone. And Gase and the FO next. I can not believe that Ross can’t see this mess and will continue with the status quo since he “ likes” Gase.

I'm for it. I want Josh McDaniels. Ok he didnt pan out in Denver , but he was also 35 years old. Think he can be a Top Coach in 2 years.

I'm for it. I want Josh McDaniels. Ok he didnt pan out in Denver , but he was also 35 years old. Think he can be a Top Coach in 2 years.

He is still in NE because he will be NE’s HC once his daddy retires

The criticism against Ross is unfounded. The “great” Joe Robbie let Zonk, Mercury Morris, Paul Warfield walk because he has too cheap to pay them. The garbage collector hired Wandstadt, bought the team from the distressed Robbie family for 200 mill, and sold for 1 bill, Ross is not the problem. The people around him like Tannenbaum are.

Last edited:
Burke better get get his stuff together soon, or he needs to go. Gase’s loyalty to RT must come to an end as well.

Actually, that's exactly what good coaches are supposed to do...

As for the solution, it's right in my sig and what I've been saying for the past two years: Hire Tom Gamble, one of the greatest draft evaluators of all time, as GM (clear everyone else out, including Tannenbaum); hire Jim Harbaugh and let him build an all-star coaching staff that focuses on running the football with run-first powerhouse offensive linemen* and stopping the run by switching Miami to the 4-3 Under similar to what Seattle runs.

You can also clear more than half our salary cap space by cutting players that have virtually no impact on this team winning games in 2019: Robert Quinn, Andre Branch, Cameron Wake (sorry), Ju'Wuan James, TJ McDonald and Ryan Tannehill (I'm finally ready to let it go). With just those moves and a few more, you save over 50 million in cap space and would have approximately 70 million plus free for next year.

* Hire the best offensive line coach you can find, even if you have to pay more to steal one from another team. Dante Scarnecchia is proof that good o-line coaches can deliver top-shelf units year in and year out even through injuries and free agency departures. In fact, in my opinion, no other member of the assistant coaching staff is more important, including both coordinators! Get a great one with an established track record at building strong run-blocking lines: Russ Grimm, Tom Cable, Bill Callahan, Mike Munchak, Mike Tice, etc. Start with one of those. In fact, find out if Scarnecchia has got a prized pupil on his staff and back up the Brinks truck!

Rams
Chiefs
Pats
Saints
Chargers.

These are the best teams in the NFL right now. Which one of them has "run first powerhouse lineman"? Which of them is overly focused on the running game or stopping the run?

The answer: Not a single one.

1000+ yards in last years Superbowl. Neither team had a chance at stopping the other teams pass offense. Basically the same type of offensive explosion year before with Falcons/Pats....

Not saying Gases scheme is the answer by any means, but saying we need to build a "powerhouse run first group of lineman" and emphasize running and stopping the run is living in the past... This isn't 1984. Hell its not even 2004. The league has changed...

Hell its not just living in the past, its living completely blind to the current state of the NFL. Look at the super bowls. Look at the top teams.... Do ANY of them build their team the way you are proposing?

Cool, we're copying how the Jets handled the Bowles situation. Belichick and Brady may never retire from this clownshoes division.

The problem is that if Gase is under the gun and is forced to pick a QB, it’s going to come from the 2019 draft. The problem with this is that the 2019 draft QBs suck and we will not draft a QB in 2020. Plus, allowing Gase to stay isn’t going to change how he calls plays.

I understand the argument to stop the churning at head coach but if we do allow Gase to choose his own guy in 2019 and give him time with that new QB when has that ever worked out in the past? I can't think of a single example. And furthermore why trust Gase to select a good QB? He pushed the Broncos to draft Osweiller. And he 'came here for Tannehill.'

Back
Top Bottom