Culpepper had issues beyond his knee injury | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper had issues beyond his knee injury

You're missing the obvious.

Mike Mularkey.

Palmer had plenty of issues. He resisted playing in the preseason because he was worried about his knee. He struggled for the first half of the season, doing his best to not lean into his throws. He was playing scared, and everyone could see it.

Furthermore, comparing Culpepper's recovery with Palmer's is meaningless. Just because they're two big-name NFL QBs doesn't mean any parallels exist to allow a valid comparison. Did Palmer have to become familiar with a new offense and offensive coordinator upon his return? Did he have to deal with an oversight from his initial reconstructive surgery? Did his offensive line resemble swiss cheese with more holes? No, no, and no.

But I suppose bashing Culpepper is the only interesting thing the board can do now that we have a new coach.

I Completely Agree with you.

rob makes good points. Someone has to be found to come in and start if we cut Daunte. Cam will get this figured out. It's what he does best.

That dosnt make sense, what "freedom" are you talking about? If we cut him next year because weve found someone better what will it matter? and thats the only time he will be cut, when we have found someone better, and the truth is, were not sure there will be anyone better that we will attain next year. I really dont understand your post, please clarify.

Cameron would have to feel that he is unquestionably the "best" QB on our roster to keep him. That is debatable at this point IMO. What if he feels Cleo is best suited to run his scheme and feels he's ready for prime time? Cameron knows the QB position. I have confidence he'll have the right answer

... From what ive read, cutting culpepper will only save us 2.2 in cap space, and we would have to carry around about 5.6 mil in "dead money". Bennie Anderson makes 2.2 for christ sakes. Joey Harrington makes over 3 million. Theres no sense in cutting him, period. 2nd of all, the thing most people simply forget about, who would we play?????? I dont think Joey will be around, Cleo is very inexpierenced and hasnt seen any defenses game plan for HIM. We wont be likely to get any first round QB prospects. The safest thing to do would be to keep him on the team.

If they cut him this year they can split the cap hit over the next 2 years taking something like a 1.8 mil hit this year and a 3.6 mil hit next year. Meaning we will actually save close to 4 mil in cap space this year and around 2 mil next year. If things are not going to work out with him this is absolutely the time to cut him.

Cameron would have to feel that he is unquestionably the "best" QB on our roster to keep him. That is debatable at this point IMO. What if he feels Cleo is best suited to run his scheme and feels he's ready for prime time? Cameron knows the QB position. I have confidence he'll have the right answer

your right adam, I think cam will make the right decisions, and the right ones. Cam isnt stupid, Randy isnt stupid. Culpepper will NOT be cut. I saw cams press conference, i get the feeling he respects Daunte and what he has done in the league, quote from Cam "if you go back an look at the tape, He's done things that have never been done before in this league" cam likes his ability. Daunte IS the best QB on our roster. Daunte WILL start. Why root for him to fail? Thats all im gonna say.

:lastyr:

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

C'mon blitz, what he did from purely a medical stand point is absolutely amazing, it had to more than him maybe being a fast healer. He worked his *** off, for him to even be on the field is nothing short of miraculous.

rob makes good points. Someone has to be found to come in and start if we cut Daunte. Cam will get this figured out. It's what he does best.

thank you.

Back to the topic of the article, we have no real way of knowing if Cpep is rehabbing hard, if his study habits are tip top, or if he thinks he is a big shot and doesn't apply himself lately.

All we know is the the Nicktator said he was doing great, then said the knee was fine, then benched him for the season allegedly because of the knee, then ran back to college, so he wouldn't have to deal w/ next year.

reminds me of the whole Iraq situation.

Only time will tell, hopefully Cam will be able to get a handle on his situation quickly, so he can make the iformed right decision that we have no real way of knowing the ins and outs of.

One thing I am pretty excited about is that Cam will get whoever it is to play at a high level or find somebody who can. It has been a long time.

Daunte WILL start. Why root for him to fail?

I may be wrong but I think 99% of the people who feel Daunte isnt the answer arent rooting for him to fail if he's retained. They are just expressing their opinion that they think he's washed up. I'm pretty sure everyone who states this opinion would love to be proved wrong

The most telling aspects about Daunte's future come straight from Saban. 1st in his cutting tail and running back to college and 2nd in his PC from Alabama when he addressed the Dolphins situation. He named off all three QB's and said "thier QB is on the roster" he never said Daunte would be our QB next year. That in itself is very telling. Now add to it Camerons PC seeming like a giving of accolades for a player before his retirement and the picture starts to become even clearer. It is highly likely Daunte Culpepper is done.

There is a chance he's not and noone is rooting against him, we are just being realistic about the situation and want to move forward if that is the case.

I may be wrong but I think 99% of the people who feel Daunte isnt the answer arent rooting for him to fail if he's retained. They are just expressing their opinion that they think he's washed up. I'm pretty sure everyone who states this opinion would love to be proved wrong

yeah, true. I just wonder why people are so sure he is a complete failure and should be cutten ties with. If you cut him we could be missing out on something real special. What if he goes to another team and does great? the people who wanted him cut will be questioning management and the coaches, and we will have missed out on culpepper, brees, and a 2nd rounder. To be honest, i wanted Brees, i was upset when we traded for Culpepper, but i wised up real quick, whats the point in *****ing and whining and groaning about it? I realized this is what we have, this is what we have to work with, lets try and make it work. I just get the feeling some people want to hate him just out of spite by the people who defend him, its a viscous circle.:lol:

any1 know what is the deal with D.C.

you guy that are down in FL
have you guys heard anything bout D.C. jon the radio or on tv like local news or something

The deal is we won't know anything untill mini-camp, and he won't start working out untill March. So we don't know anything, we don't know what the future is in store. All we know is, if we cut him before June 1st, we will save 1.3 million in the salary cap.

we are just being realistic about the situation

see, thats my only problem, i dont think your being realsitic about the situation. From what i heard on cams PC is that he likes Culpepper, respects what he's done in this league. To be fair, only time will tell, but i will tell you this, no first year head coach is going to cut a possible pro-bowl QB with daunte's ability to save a few mil in cap space, end of story. If your getting your info from that article... dont. That guys information is bougus and based of absolutly nothing, other than his personal opinion. Again, only time will tell, and we will see who the Qb is when the season rolls around.

:confused: Im not sure where this guy is getting his information from... He didnt come for the interview because Nick Saban didnt allow ANYONE to speak with the media besides himself, no other free agent had a press conference either. Culpepper went to EVERY practice and workout manditory or not. And how does he know that Culpepper didnt study defenses enough? did he follow him around? This info seems to off. I just think that some people have made up there mind to not like Culpepper, so they fabricate and bend stories that reflect them in a negative light. 20 bucks he's in love with joey because he "makes quick decisions" and "reads defenses good", bullcrap, Joey obviously couldent read defense all that well as he constantly made horrible decisions and forced balls that led to 15 interceptions in less than 11 games. etsudolphan is right, these are getting old.

Edit: im not bashing the thread starter, just tired of these writers with there head up there ***.

Writers have their sources, believe it or not. Just because Saban didn't allow his assistant coaches to speak doesn't mean they (or anyone else in the front office) weren't doing so in confidential, especially since a lot of his staff and front office weren't thrilled with him. This also isn't the first time information has leaked out that Saban wasn't overjoyed about Culpepper's work ethic.

Whether it's true or not remains to be seen, but to just blindly dismiss it is naive.

see, thats my only problem, i dont think your being realsitic about the situation. From what i heard on cams PC is that he likes Culpepper, respects what he's done in this league. To be fair, only time will tell, but i will tell you this, no first year head coach is going to cut a possible pro-bowl QB with daunte's ability to save a few mil in cap space, end of story. If your getting your info from that article... dont. That guys information is bougus and based of absolutly nothing, other than his personal opinion. Again, only time will tell, and we will see who the Qb is when the season rolls around.

im not tryin to get on D.C. guys i just dont get good info up here in CT so i want to know what's up with him

Back
Top Bottom