Dallas/Buffalo Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas/Buffalo Game

Nope... it was about the Phinz getting the #1 seed.

As I type, Miami controls their own destiny, still do, with that Chiefs loss.

So, I am still happy the Chiefs lost

People need to see the big picture, and forget hated rivalries that get us nothing.

At this point you better worry about the Dolphins winning the division or even making it to the playoffs as a wild card team. They got a tough road ahead of them. The #1 seed seems like a pipe dream now.

Well they sort of went hand in hand. I guess the way I saw it was we should learn to walk before we run.... wrap up division and then go after number 1 seed.

Since the Bills beatdown the Dolphins, they have:

Lost at home to Jacksonville
Should have lost at home to the Giants
Lost to the Patriots
Almost lost at home to the Bucs
Lost to the Bengals
Lost to the Broncos
Beatdown the Jets
Lost to the Eagles
Barely beat a down Chiefs team

Why are they automatic to just beat everyone now?

At this point you better worry about the Dolphins winning the division or even making it to the playoffs as a wild card team. They got a tough road ahead of them. The #1 seed seems like a pipe dream now.
I think the point that is being missed here is, or atleast my point, I am not satisfied with buffalo losing vs chiefs and then us winning 2 of last 5 but still clinching the division and thus making the playoffs.
How do you think that story ends, probably one and done like usual.
Nobody could have predicted the injuries of Monday night. Again, all things being equal you should shoot for best possible outcome, not worry about other team records.
The best possible outcome for fins was to win 4 of 5 and hopefully get #1 seed, that is easiest path to SB. Again, that is what I care most about, not limping into playoffs as 4th seed division winner.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that is mine, F*K I hope our OL can somehow get it together, it has been a great year and we deserve better (luck that is).

Dallas is playing for the 1 seed in the NFC so I expect them to show up and play. They can do us a solid by beating the Bills. We can worry about our game with them next week.
They are both going to beat each other up as well.

Only it’s not a pipe dream. The Ravens have to go on the road two straight weeks against the Jaguars and 49ers. If they beat the Jags, cool for us, the Jags now have 6 losses. If they lose to the Jags, there’s a very strong likelihood that the Ravens have 5 losses when we face the them on NYE.

The Chiefs have a more straightforward final 4 weeks, but the Raider is a divisional game. The Raiders gave them a game in their first matchup. It was a 4-point game into the 4th and the Raiders actually had a 14-point lead. They also face a rejuvenated Bengals team that is learning how to play with Browning at QB. Have we seen anything from the Chiefs so far that says they are guaranteed to finish 12-5? I haven’t.

The #1 seed isn’t a pipe dream. If Tyreek, Achane, Armstead, Hunt, Holland, Elliott, and X get healthy this week or next, we are absolutely in the thick of things.

Since the Bills beatdown the Dolphins, they have:

Lost at home to Jacksonville
Should have lost at home to the Giants
Lost to the Patriots
Almost lost at home to the Bucs
Lost to the Bengals
Lost to the Broncos
Beatdown the Jets
Lost to the Eagles
Barely beat a down Chiefs team

Why are they automatic to just beat everyone now?
They aren't an automatic to beat everybody now but they are playing a lot better since they got rid of Dorsey. You can't go by how they looked at the beginning of the season compared to now. Teams change during the course of a season and injuries play a part in it as well. I would say the Dolphins offense was a lot better earlier in the season compared to now.

Only it’s not a pipe dream. The Ravens have to go on the road two straight weeks against the Jaguars and 49ers. If they beat the Jags, cool for us, the Jags now have 6 losses. If they lose to the Jags, there’s a very strong likelihood that the Ravens have 5 losses when we face the them on NYE.

The Chiefs have a more straightforward final 4 weeks, but the Raider is a divisional game. The Raiders gave them a game in their first matchup. It was a 4-point game into the 4th and the Raiders actually had a 14-point lead. They also face a rejuvenated Bengals team that is learning how to play with Browning at QB. Have we seen anything from the Chiefs so far that says they are guaranteed to finish 12-5? I haven’t.

The #1 seed isn’t a pipe dream. If Tyreek, Achane, Armstead, Hunt, Holland, Elliott, and X get healthy this week or next, we are absolutely in the thick of things.
Ya and I got a bridge to sell you if you think the Dolphins are going to win their four remaining games which is probably what it will take to guarantee the #1 seed. That is what I mean by it being a pipe dream at this point. The Titans choke job loss really put a dent in their chances of getting home field advantage.

Ya and I got a bridge to sell you if you think the Dolphins are going to win their four remaining games which is probably what it will take to guarantee the #1 seed. That is what I mean by it being a pipe dream at this point. The Titans choke job loss really put a dent in their chances of getting home field advantage.
Maybe we have different definitions of “pipe dream.” I consider a pipe dream to be something that’s a fantasy. It has no basis in reality. I just laid out why the Dolphins still have a realistic and not insignificant opportunity to secure the #1 seed.

Maybe we have different definitions of “pipe dream.” I consider a pipe dream to be something that’s a fantasy. It has no basis in reality. I just laid out why the Dolphins still have a realistic and not insignificant opportunity to secure the #1 seed.
And I just told what it will probably take for that to happen and I don't see it happening. Too many injuries and a tough three games to end the season make it a fantasy at this point.

And I just told what it will probably take for that to happen and I don't see it happening. Too many injuries and a tough three games to end the season make it a fantasy at this point.
Because you are and always have been a pessimist. Nothing will change that. So really no point in arguing about it.

Back
Top Bottom