Danny Amendola | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Danny Amendola

Does anyone want him to win the 3rd WR spot? I do not. I honestly hope Grant wins the #3 spot, and Wilson wins the #4. I would be elated if Carroo or Ford our play him for the #5. This is in part because I hated Danny in NE, but more so because of how dynamic Grant and Wilson are. The other reason reason is we have dynamic, fast wrs/te/rbs thst I want to see utilized this year. If Danny is our slot all we have is much lessor version of Jarvis. My dream for Danny is 20-25 catches from a 3rd down package.

They intend a rotation, so I am not certain there really will be a 3rd spot. Or even a 2nd spot. I suspect Kenny Stills will get the most work. Parker will have to earn his playing time.

They intend a rotation, so I am not certain there really will be a 3rd spot. Or even a 2nd spot. I suspect Kenny Stills will get the most work. Parker will have to earn his playing time.
Parker has made some amazing catches tho. He has the talent. He just needs to stay healthy and be consistent

Gase wants his receivers interchangeable, everyone able to do everything and not skip a beat on offense. That being said I expect Amendola to be on the field as much as anyone else especially in crucial third downs and in the red zone. He is there to perform at a high level and help the younger guys. That was made very very clear.

These guys are all good at different things but the thing they share in common is they are quick and in most cases also fast.

Danny Amendola gets open so much, when you watch. He's so quick. Tannehill loves throwing shake routes and Amendola loves running them. Good match. But you can also watch the way New England used Brandin Cooks and Danny Amendola together to sort of feed off one another in route combinations, and Cooks is very, very similar to Kenny Stills.

Albert Wilson is a guy you like to use on run-after-catch plays. Get the football in his hands, he's exciting. Jakeem Grant is as well, but Jakeem adds the fact that defenses play him like they're scared to death of him going deep. Both of these two will block their tails off, too. This means there could be a chemistry between the two similar to what you saw in KC with Tyreek Hill and Albert Wilson. Tyreek Hill is a constant threat with the ball in his hands either on screens, end-arounds, or jet sweeps. So is Jakeem Grant. In Kansas City the coaches made use of that threat of Tyreek Hill by having Albert Wilson come under the formation and take shovel passes. Since Grant will block, you can have Wilson take a screen pass. Or you can fake the screen to Grant and run one with Wilson instead. KC also had Hill and Wilson play off one another in route running since Tyreek has such great deep speed and would create all kinds of space underneath his 9 routes. They also used the two on opposing sides since they both have fantastic speed, and it really stretched the hell out of the defense, giving Travis Kelce the opportunity to beat people in one on one underneath. You could see Miami doing this with Grant, Wilson, and Gesicki in packages. Particularly 12 personnel packages where you have Gesicki split off like a WR.

What matters most is that we have good offense. These guys seem to all fit together to help provide that. They have the verticality to stretch defenses deep (e.g. Jakeem Grant, Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker). They have the quickness, RAC, and short area catching skills (e.g. Jakeem Grant, Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola, Mike Gesicki) to take advantage of the sorts of coverages teams will have to play in order to guard against that deep speed. They have the personnel (e.g. the tackles Ja'Wuan James and Laremy Tunsil) to run perimeter screens and have a chance of getting some blockers out front, and no shortage of compelling RAC personnel to take those screens (Jakeem Grant, Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola, Mike Gesicki, Kenyan Drake, Frank Gore, Kalen Ballage). They have four WRs that will block their tails off (Jakeem Grant, Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola, and if you motivate him, DeVante Parker). They have a tight end presence that will have to hold safeties over the middle (Mike Gesicki).

They have legit ground personnel (Kenyan Drake, Frank Gore, Kalen Ballage, A.J. Derby, Durham Smythe, MarQueis Gray, Laremy Tunsil, Josh Sitton, Jesse Davis, and Ja'Wuan James) to block and execute a ground game underneath the deep shells that guys like Kenny Stills, Jakeem Grant, and DeVante Parker will tend to scare into a defense.

The question is do they have the pass pro personnel to give Tannehill a clean pocket that he can step up into and I think Josh Sitton and Daniel Kilgore go a long way in establishing that. If Jesse Davis gets the RG job then that completes the picture as the interior three will be STOUT players who can drop anchor.

If you read after the comma you would know that isn’t what I said. I like the idea of burners at all spots. Danny is slower, and has a lower ypc. He is also 32, so the upside of every other WR on this roster is much greater.

Unfortunately, unlike Madden, Burners at all spots doesn't automatically mean the best personnel. A "burner" may not necessarily be the quickest guy in the slot nor the best route runner. Which typically are the most important part of the receiver's game playing that particular position.

It's why guys like Landry and Wes Welker are/were so good.

The burner that's also quick and a great route runner is rare.

Hell, I would guess part of the reason is the Burner spends less time developing superior route running skills because of that speed and the slower guy has no choice but to be the best route runner.

These guys are all good at different things but the thing they share in common is they are quick and in most cases also fast.

Danny Amendola gets open so much, when you watch. He's so quick. Tannehill loves throwing shake routes and Amendola loves running them. Good match. But you can also watch the way New England used Brandin Cooks and Danny Amendola together to sort of feed off one another in route combinations, and Cooks is very, very similar to Kenny Stills.

Albert Wilson is a guy you like to use on run-after-catch plays. Get the football in his hands, he's exciting. Jakeem Grant is as well, but Jakeem adds the fact that defenses play him like they're scared to death of him going deep. Both of these two will block their tails off, too. This means there could be a chemistry between the two similar to what you saw in KC with Tyreek Hill and Albert Wilson. Tyreek Hill is a constant threat with the ball in his hands either on screens, end-arounds, or jet sweeps. So is Jakeem Grant. In Kansas City the coaches made use of that threat of Tyreek Hill by having Albert Wilson come under the formation and take shovel passes. Since Grant will block, you can have Wilson take a screen pass. Or you can fake the screen to Grant and run one with Wilson instead. KC also had Hill and Wilson play off one another in route running since Tyreek has such great deep speed and would create all kinds of space underneath his 9 routes. They also used the two on opposing sides since they both have fantastic speed, and it really stretched the hell out of the defense, giving Travis Kelce the opportunity to beat people in one on one underneath. You could see Miami doing this with Grant, Wilson, and Gesicki in packages. Particularly 12 personnel packages where you have Gesicki split off like a WR.

What matters most is that we have good offense. These guys seem to all fit together to help provide that. They have the verticality to stretch defenses deep (e.g. Jakeem Grant, Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker). They have the quickness, RAC, and short area catching skills (e.g. Jakeem Grant, Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola, Mike Gesicki) to take advantage of the sorts of coverages teams will have to play in order to guard against that deep speed. They have the personnel (e.g. the tackles Ja'Wuan James and Laremy Tunsil) to run perimeter screens and have a chance of getting some blockers out front, and no shortage of compelling RAC personnel to take those screens (Jakeem Grant, Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola, Mike Gesicki, Kenyan Drake, Frank Gore, Kalen Ballage). They have four WRs that will block their tails off (Jakeem Grant, Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola, and if you motivate him, DeVante Parker). They have a tight end presence that will have to hold safeties over the middle (Mike Gesicki).

They have legit ground personnel (Kenyan Drake, Frank Gore, Kalen Ballage, A.J. Derby, Durham Smythe, MarQueis Gray, Laremy Tunsil, Josh Sitton, Jesse Davis, and Ja'Wuan James) to block and execute a ground game underneath the deep shells that guys like Kenny Stills, Jakeem Grant, and DeVante Parker will tend to scare into a defense.

The question is do they have the pass pro personnel to give Tannehill a clean pocket that he can step up into and I think Josh Sitton and Daniel Kilgore go a long way in establishing that. If Jesse Davis gets the RG job then that completes the picture as the interior three will be STOUT players who can drop anchor.

Touche' Touche'

So much of what the Dolphins maybe capable of doing on offense this season is going to come down to the OL.

Honestly, makes me nervous as hell.

I swear if I were the GM, after these OTAs, if there is any doubt about these OLmen then you better believe i'm trading for someone.

If they can't compete against the guys we have on the DL...Oh Mercy Hell!

I don't care who's 3, 4, or 5. Line up whoever gives us the best option in the given situation. Need to stretch the field? Put Grant in. Need to move the chains? Have Amendola in the slot.

Being stuck in a hierarchy and ignoring the situation is bad coaching.

I have a feeling he's gonna miss 6-8 games like usual but I definitely expect him to be a nice go to for Tannehill. Seems like the type of possession WR that Tannehill has had success with in the past

So you Don't want him playing just because he played for the Pats?

First off, that would be a big mistake, because of all the experience he has, he knows how to get open, and considering that picture he had when he signed that contract, when he was little, he was a Dolphins fan, which add even more incentive for him to succeed.

Do you think the Patriots cared Weller played for the Dolphins? There would not be a better smack to the face of Belichick and company, then to beat the Patriots with Amendola.

I am of the opinion that you are seriously underestimating how much it bothers Pats fans that he's here. I hope he plays lights out BECAUSE I used to hate him. I'm actually considering buying an Amendola jersey just to drive my friend's wife crazy. She's a huge Pats fan.

I wasn't thrilled with the signing, but you make a really good case for him. :thumbsup

I think if you wanted to feed Amendola all of Landry's 150 targets and use him in a similar role as Landry played he would produce similar numbers. Maybe not quite at Landry's level but close enough considering the cost difference. I think part of the issue was that Gase wanted to decrease the role Landry played in the passing game and Landry would have thrown a fit and it would not make sense to pay a player that much and then decrease his role.

I like what Amendola brings to the table, question why we paid him twice the money it should of taken to get him.

Patriots were not willing to give him more than 1 mil why did we have to give him 6 mil - 2,5 to 3 mil should of put a big smile on his face.

Just more cap mismanagement

I like what Amendola brings to the table, question why we paid him twice the money it should of taken to get him.

Patriots were not willing to give him more than 1 mil why did we have to give him 6 mil - 2,5 to 3 mil should of put a big smile on his face.

Just more cap mismanagement
He wasn't going to play for 1 million. He took a pay cut last year in hopes that Bill would give him more money this year, Bill screwed him.

Back
Top Bottom