De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

De Vonta Smith wins AP Player of the Year - Ramifications for Miami

Is he an NFL player? Does he see the field??

The list wasn’t supposed to be a who’s who of pro bowlers. It was merely a list of NFL players off the top of my head that have had successful careers despite being small.

None of those examples are questionable. They are are legit. Smallish players. Some more successful than others, but all successful in making it in the league for numerous years. Most were pretty good.

And the list doesn’t stop there. A myriad more could be added.

Point was, size doesn’t matter.

I actually believe a great comp for Devonta Smith is Marvin Harrison — which is why he was the first name off the top of my head.

He had a pretty good career, don’t ya think?
That’s the frequent comparison actually. They are very similar

We are going to have so many options, and so many of you put up compelling arguments. I keep changing my mind. I think i will be happy with most outcomes, that you all are pushing for. I'll only be pissed if we draft a QB, or get terrible value in a trade down. I don't see either of those things happening though.

Bottom line is our D is near the top in the NFL and our O is near or at the bottom. We need offensive playmakers with the first few picks in this draft imo. If we can snag Smith that would be a great start but we still need more fire power so go RB and double up on receiver. We've got top picks let's get the top name guys for a change. After that just play it smart and either go BPA or trade down and amass more picks. Shop at Alabama and Clemson for the first 3 picks and you can't go too wrong. If we can land Etienne that would be insane.

I trust the FO and am good with any direction they choose to go

Haven't been able to say that in a long time
That's my feeling... And I would not be surprised if they do something unexpected.

Grier + Flo are truly a synergy and they know the roster (and each players true talent) way better than we do.

That said -- I think positional competition will play a factor in the next draft.

15 lbs lighter than Stefon Diggs 6’0” 190 Lbs

And Diggs is 5 years older and 6 seasons into his NFL career.

Once Smith gets into the NFL with a pro training staff and is able to work on his body and game around the clock — he’ll add some strength and bulk.

Again, this is such a non-issue.

Isn’t chase the better prospect? He’s def heavier. Smith is 6’1 174 isn’t that really light?
Cliff Branch
Harold Jackson
Gary Clark
Mark Clayton
DeSean Jackson

Everyone on this list weighs in the 170's and everyone outside of DeSean Jackson played in the 70's or 80's back when passing was harder.If they can have success at their weight I don't see why Smith can't.

Last edited:
I want Waddle. He ran a 40 in 4.27 while Smith ran it in 4.49. Waddle is just as good as Smith and much more of a threat in the long passing game. If the Dolphins are going to draft a WR with their first pick, which I don’t think they will. I would prefer Waddle. Smith or Chase would be possible trade up
candidates if the Dolphins select Sewell or Parsons with their first pick and they decide to move up and take a WR with their 2nd first round pick.

Take the best player on your board at 3/4 Parsons or Sewell. Then watch the board fall and make a move up for a WR if you need to. Don't like the idea of a trade down. Make our D or oline elite and then find skill players rest of the way. Based on our head coach my vote has and will remain Parsons until draft day but no tears from me if they go Sewell.

Back
Top Bottom