Deep Threats: Mike Wallace vs Kenny Stills | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deep Threats: Mike Wallace vs Kenny Stills

Guys, you all didn't watch much Saints football did you? Brees's week arm has just gotten worse, he may have better touch than Tannehill but he's becoming a Chad Pennington. He floats everything over 15yds. Look at the vids!!!

Dude. Please stop. You can't even put Tannehill in the same sentence as Drew Brees. It's not even close...
I wouldn't knock Chad Pennington, he was the last Dolphins QB to get us to the Playoffs, something Tanne-Thrill has been unable to do in 3 Seasons.

I watch almost ALL saints games n all fins games of course. Stills IS an upgrade. More complete wr n not a cancer like Wallace was n who was just going to get worse in that regard. Breaking it down.
Ellerby n his contract gone is a win....$ between stills n MW its a win...age its a win...cancer gone is a win (even if stills has issues he's coming here with a clean slate) could be great who knows, but we already know MW situation was not going to work.
It's a win win guys be proud.

I knew someone would quote those ridiculous espn stats. Brees, people, Brees.

he had a $3 million roster bonus coming on Sunday. He quit on his team, inexcusable. Larry Fitzgerald's production went way down, and Wallace couldn't hold his jock, but he never quit. This was plain and simple, take $6 million off the books, use it on a player who wanted to be in Miami. Jarvis Landry outplayed Wallace in every facet of the game, and he puts his heart and soul into this team. He is a second year player that is already training with Tannehill in the offseason, Wallace never did that in his two years. Yes Wallace has great speed, but that is it, his route running is horrible, he doesn't fight for jump balls, and he loses his place on the field, never knowing when to toe tap, and drag a foot, I can think of at least 3-4 deep throws for touchdowns that Wallace just didn't realize where he was on the field and make the right adjustment. The is addition by subtraction, Kenny Stills can do everything that Mike Wallace can, and run better routes. I get it, Wallace scored 10 touchdowns, but those touchdowns can easily be replace by Stills and Cameron, not to mention they are not done. They have already stated they want to add one more veteran receiver. So all you "experts" need to realize, the coach doesn't always have to put up with the player, especially one that quits on his teammates, because after all, it is your teammates you go to battle with, not your coach.

I believe that Stills could be a better fit for Tannehill.

Good luck to MW. Unlike some folks, I don't hate the guy. But he punched his own ticket out of town.

It's interesting...I don't think a lot of people HATED Wallace. But he simply wasn't worth his contract.

You mean a Qb who can throw a consistent deep ball right? You realize stills was playing with a hall of gamer Qb right? What will his numbers be this year? It's anybodys guess
Throws of 20+ Yards, Last 2 Seasons

-------------------------------------

Mike Wallace
- Targets: 54
- Receptions: 12
- Completion%: 22.2%
- Yards: 460
- TD: 2

Kenny Stills
- Targets: 30
- Receptions: 15
- Completion%: 50%
- Yards: 710*
- TD: 7

*47.3 Yds per Rec (leads all NFL WRs)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12477833/mike-wallace-traded-minnesota-vikings-miami-dolphins

Mike Wallace is a great deep threat, but only when paired up with the right type of QB (like Ben Roethlisberger), who is good at arcing a deep ball into a fast bucket (over-the-shoulder go route, in stride).

Ryan Tannehill is better at throwing low-trajectory direct laser beams, which is a better match for an acrobatic catch radius guy like Kenny Stills.

Brees vs. Tannehill . . . let's be serious.

And honestly, Still's doesn't have a "huge" catch radius . . . he's very similar to Wallace, except slower.

I like that we cleared the money, but I can't sit up here and say we upgraded at WR. We didn't, we got worse.

4.33 vs 4.38.....not much slower at all!

It's interesting...I don't think a lot of people HATED Wallace. But he simply wasn't worth his contract.

I, for one, actually didn't give a fudge what we paid him. I couldn't stand the lil' ****er because his routes sucked, so did his hands, and to top it off he had a ****ty attitude about it.

I, for one, actually didn't give a fudge what we paid him. I couldn't stand the lil' ****er because his routes sucked, so did his hands, and to top it off he had a ****ty attitude about it.

Yeah...I think he was frustrated. Again...nobody can blame him for taking the contract that Ireland offered him. It's not Wallace's fault that he was overpaid. It's Ireland's.

We'll see.

Wallace's DVOA ranking:
2009- 4th
2010- 1st
2011- 8th
2012- 78th
2013- 75th
2014- 19th

Kenny Stills DVOA ranking:
2013- 1st
2014- 2nd

Roethlisberger + top receiver DVOA ranking
2004- 4th with P.Burress
2005- 6th with H.Ward
2006- 12th w/ S.Holmes
2007- 6th w/ S.Holmes
2008- 11th w/ H.Ward
2009- 4th w/ M.Wallace
2010- 1st w/ M.Wallace
2011- 8th w/ M.Wallace
2012- 25th w/ E.Sanders
2013- 8th w/ J.Cotchery
2014- 9th w/ A.Brown

Same deal with Brees. I'm not going to list them all but between him and Roethlisberger they have only been outside the top 13 once out of twenty one seasons. And they've had many recievers number one in the league including both Wallace and Stills.

Tannehill + top receiver DVOA ranking:
2012- 43rd w/ B.Hartline
2013- 51st w/ B.Hartline
2014- 19th w/ M.Wallace

Lets do Andy Dalton for fun
2011- 17th w/ AJ Green
2012- 33rd w/ AJ Green
2013- 3rd w/ M.Jones
2014- 38th w/ AJ Green

What does all of this tell us? Both Wallace and Stills can be great with great QBs. Wallace didn't look great here, will Stills? I can't wait to find out. And how will Wallace look with Bridgewater, who the analytics shows signs of being pretty good.

Love it. Spot on. We always get jacked about taking on other peoples trash. We were excited about Marshall. We were excited about Wallace. Until we weren't. Now we're excited about stills, who had 1 good year with a hall of gamer throwing him the ball.
Thank god we don't have to worry about that type of crap over in Miami

Brees vs. Tannehill . . . let's be serious.

And honestly, Still's doesn't have a "huge" catch radius . . . he's very similar to Wallace, except slower.

I like that we cleared the money, but I can't sit up here and say we upgraded at WR. We didn't, we got worse.

He has better hands then wallace, he's more physical than wallace and goes after balls instead of waiting for them to come perfectly in his lap like wallace. Also, Still ran a 4.38 40 and Wallace ran a 4.33 so he's not that much slower when your talking 5 tenths of a second lol. Stills is only 22 and going to get better and can easily replace wallaces 10 tds. There are so many more positives then negatives in this trade.

Stills is fine. Great to have on the team. But he's our default number 1 receiver at this point unless we hit in thereafter which we don't do n
He has better hands then wallace, he's more physical than wallace and goes after balls instead of waiting for them to come perfectly in his lap like wallace. Also, Still ran a 4.38 40 and Wallace ran a 4.33 so he's not that much slower when your talking 5 tenths of a second lol. Stills is only 22 and going to get better and can easily replace wall aces 10 tds. There are so many more positives then negatives in this trade.

Back
Top Bottom