Deep Threats: Mike Wallace vs Kenny Stills | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deep Threats: Mike Wallace vs Kenny Stills

I can answer your first question...no

But is miami gonna put the same gameplan emphasis on stills they did mike wallace? I doubt it...the respect he gets from defenses wont be on reputation but earned...if he gets any...you got to earn it...wallace did that in pittsburgh and as long as he showed he still had jet fueled speed he was gonna have it here

Stills is gonna be in show me mode...the less emphasis he has gameplan wise though the more opportunity you have to sneak him over the top of the defense or get him up against the oppositions weaker corners

What other "mode" would be be in? I don't think after two seasons he's coming in here thinking he's Jerry Rice. Of course the pressure will be on. But physically he seems to be a better fit. More aggressive to the ball. That is evident in the highlights no matter who is throwing him the rock. Wallace came to South Beach and literally stole most of the 27 million dollars that he took home. Was a complete baby, an asshole to teammates and disrespectful to coaches owners and the fan base. Shame on our front office for signing this piece of **** to a contract that only a true professional should have the opportunity to earn... **** him, good riddance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Only wart I have heard on Stills is FO soured on him because of night life.
Maybe he should have went to Cleveland, did wonders to curb JR Smiths nightlife. He said, there is nothing to do there at night. lol

Tannehill is no Drew Brees, and probably never will be.

Wallace is a good receiver, but was a poor fit for Tannehill.

Both Players, are probably, and hopefully, better off without each other.

Lets hope Tannehill clicks wit his new weapons.

Year two in this offense, better oline play, and new weapons, should lead to better production with this offense.

He has better hands then wallace, he's more physical than wallace and goes after balls instead of waiting for them to come perfectly in his lap like wallace. Also, Still ran a 4.38 40 and Wallace ran a 4.33 so he's not that much slower when your talking 5 tenths of a second lol. Stills is only 22 and going to get better and can easily replace wallaces 10 tds. There are so many more positives then negatives in this trade.

This is the stuff I find hilarious (to you and all the other posters who felt the need to quote me).

People read a scouting report and combine numbers like that is the judge/jury. Like they've watched the snaps he's put in with the Saints like they have with Mike Wallace here in Miami. I truthfully haven't seen a ton of him with the Saints, but I saw quite a bit of him at Oklahoma . . . I have a pretty good idea of what type of WR he is.

Wallace is much faster on the field than Stills is, commands more respect and can separate from defenders on another level. The disrespect he's getting because he doesn't make "jump ball catches" is just unwarranted. But hey, what else should I expect?

Is Stills better at it, yea I guess so . . . but lets not pretend he is some all world talent at WR or that he's a better WR than Mike Wallace. He just isn't, at least not yet. Posters on Finheaven have the tendency to put these guys on a pedastool and then a year or 2 later go ape**** on the coach and the GM, when that's the player they cosigned to begin with.

"Oh Dansby is old and overpaid and so is Burnett, we got younger and faster at linebacker with Wheeler and Ellerbe I love what Jeff Ireland has done" . . . . yea ok . . . hell people defended Naanee in 2012 because of their disdain for Brandon Marshall, saw what he did with Rivers in San Diego and actually had the nerve to think the fall off wouldn't be that big. Oh I love Keller and Moreno signings, go GM go, and then when they get hurt . . . "Ireland should of had a backup plan and all Hickey did was bring in hurt guys". So when people show a little concern about the moves in regards to throwing Cameron and Clay big money . . . . understand the track record and what we've seen.

I like the fit here for Stills better than I did for Wallace, and I like the trades (because of cap ramifications and what was going to be the result in 2016 . . . Wallace cut) but a lot of that has to do with the QB and what he is good at.

Who the hell was defending Naanee?!

When we brought him in? Enough people. Saw what he did with Rivers and planted him as a potential #1 target for us. Didn't know who the hell he was. Saw a couple of fantasy stats and scouting reports and brought the positives out from that. It doesn't work like that.

I want to make it clear, I LIKE the trades (these guys were getting cut in 2016 anyways, may as well get something now and clear cap), but outside of the Suh signing, a lot of the moves have a much higher calculated risk than what people realize and if/when they don't work out I don't wanna hear a bunch of bitching (which will be inevitable).

Its not looking good for us when it comes to one of those top 3 wrs falling in our laps...think we probably have to look to round 2 or even later for it

We gave up any move up ammo unless we trade future picks

I think Parker falls to us. Especially now that Vikings are out of the list to possibly draft a WR in front of us.

I think Parker falls to us. Especially now that Vikings are out of the list to possibly draft a WR in front of us.

I'd like Parker/Stills/Landry/Matthews/Hazel . . . but like hoops, I have my doubts on any of the 3 being there. Minnesota could definitely still grab Parker.

Cameron/Clay (even though the money is high)

Real young at WR, but there is room for development and you'll have 2 solid receiving tight ends.

Man maybe I dont remember but I thought most people knew Naanee was going to suck ass lol

Man maybe I dont remember but I thought most people knew Naanee was going to suck ass lol

I know I did :lol:

And this by no means is a comparison of Marshall to Naanee vs. Wallace to Stills. I am very comfortable in the fact that Stills has a lot of potential and talent and is a better fit and less expensive than Wallace, for this offense. There is quite a bit to like with this move.

But it's not a "on paper" projection. People can save their scouting reports and highlights. Saints WRs have the tendency to fall off the earth when they leave New Orleans and for me, he's just somebody who I'm not going to feel fully comfortable with until I see him and the QB on the same page and making plays on the field.

I think as a whole, our WR group is relatively thin at the moment, but the positive is, this league has seen a lot of success in recent years by young guys . . . so I am encouraged by that.

One thing I can agree with what happened today . . . . trading Mike Wallace, in my eyes, was not a bad move. He wasn't going to be here in 2016. Now that it's done, you have to replace what he gave you. We'll see.

I don't much care if Stills is better than Wallace or not. He's probably good enough.

If Stills gets out and works with RT and the other receivers, in my eyes it's a win.

no hes not better than wallace. but he is 22, will improve and is about 1/14th of the price.

Brees vs. Tannehill . . . let's be serious.

And honestly, Still's doesn't have a "huge" catch radius . . . he's very similar to Wallace, except slower.

I like that we cleared the money, but I can't sit up here and say we upgraded at WR. We didn't, we got worse.

Ive seen Stills fight for balls that Wallace wouldn't dare try to catch

And he's not getting paid anywhere near what the hamster gets paid

Brees vs. Tannehill . . . let's be serious.

And honestly, Still's doesn't have a "huge" catch radius . . . he's very similar to Wallace, except slower.

I like that we cleared the money, but I can't sit up here and say we upgraded at WR. We didn't, we got worse.

Talent wise we got worse but let's look at the big picture here. #1 Wallace is not a team player. #2 Wallace is a cancer. #3 Wallace is a body catcher that drops a lot of balls. #4 Miami got rid of his bloated contract and saved 7-9 mil. #5 him and tannehill weren't on the same page.#6 he's a distraction ( just look at the interview he did when he had Gibson answer his questions.) #7 he only cares about himself.#8 he's a diva diva wr's don't work plain and simple. Now we got Stills #1 team player #2 better contract. #3 better pass catcher.#4 doesn't give up on plays. #5 not a cancer. #6 not a distraction. Have you ever heard any negatives about Kenny Stills cause I haven't. So I say see ya mike good luck and get ****ed.

Back
Top Bottom