Deep Threats: Mike Wallace vs Kenny Stills | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deep Threats: Mike Wallace vs Kenny Stills

It's not that complicated. We invested in Suh. To make that workable from a salary cap perpective we had to dump the high priced and under performing Wallace.

Now we have a reasonably good replacement in Stills. The front office actually found the replacement before jettisoning the guy for a change. Stills fits the cap nd has the needed skill set to fill that role. Nicely done.

Stills is fine. Great to have on the team. But he's our default number 1 receiver at this point unless we hit in thereafter which we don't do n

I here ya but you never know what Stills is going to do coming into his 3rd year. Like I said his intangibles are better than wallaces now so where will he be in several years he's only 22. As far as the draft they should go after Devante Parker imo if we go wr route if not then Im sure we will find someone as this draft is loaded with really good wrs.

Miami may have made up their minds they're going to draft a #1 receiver and just didn't want to pay Wallace that much money to be a secondary option. I say lets see how it plays out. Losing one player, not including a quarterback, should never alter a good team's fortune any way. Teams lose players to injuries, trades and suspensions all the time, if you can't overcome it you didn't have a good team to start with.

Once we got Stills, Wallace was gone.

My question is; will opposing defenses fear Stills like I thought they would fear Wallace? Will he draw safety coverage and free up other receivers? Did Wallace even do this as much as I thought he did?
I think Landry is now the clear 'go-to' guy, or would be perceived as such, based on the chemistry he and Tannehill showed in 2014. This could lead to Stills getting behind the D more often than Wallace did. Stills could really sneak up on people.

I hate losing our 3rd round pick, but we could not have drafted a WR in round 3 better than Stills. We freed up cap space, too. However, I don't think we have the luxury of drafting a WR now. We need O-line and LB help, big time. That kinda sucks.

Its not looking good for us when it comes to one of those top 3 wrs falling in our laps...think we probably have to look to round 2 or even later for it

We gave up any move up ammo unless we trade future picks

Was looking through the numbers and the Dolphins haven't had a top 10 overall receiver (DYAR) since Irving Fryer in 1994. They have had two top 10 receivers in DVOA this century though: Brian Hartline was 9th in 2009 and Chambers did it once.

Statistically speaking Hartline was arguably our best overall WR of this century putting up decent numbers with the likes of Chad Henne and Ryan Tannehill.

Once we got Stills, Wallace was gone.

My question is; will opposing defenses fear Stills like I thought they would fear Wallace? Will he draw safety coverage and free up other receivers? Did Wallace even do this as much as I thought he did?
I think Landry is now the clear 'go-to' guy, or would be perceived as such, based on the chemistry he and Tannehill showed in 2014. This could lead to Stills getting behind the D more often than Wallace did. Stills could really sneak up on people.

I hate losing our 3rd round pick, but we could not have drafted a WR in round 3 better than Stills. We freed up cap space, too. However, I don't think we have the luxury of drafting a WR now. We need O-line and LB help, big time. That kinda sucks.

I can answer your first question...no

But is miami gonna put the same gameplan emphasis on stills they did mike wallace? I doubt it...the respect he gets from defenses wont be on reputation but earned...if he gets any...you got to earn it...wallace did that in pittsburgh and as long as he showed he still had jet fueled speed he was gonna have it here

Stills is gonna be in show me mode...the less emphasis he has gameplan wise though the more opportunity you have to sneak him over the top of the defense or get him up against the oppositions weaker corners

Meanwhile Wilson has already gotten 3 different receivers into the top 10 in DVOA and Foles had one in the top 10 in DYAR...

Brees vs. Tannehill . . . let's be serious.

And honestly, Still's doesn't have a "huge" catch radius . . . he's very similar to Wallace, except slower.

I like that we cleared the money, but I can't sit up here and say we upgraded at WR. We didn't, we got worse.

Stills ran a 4.34 wallace ran a 4.33 that's negligible

Stills isn't Wallace. He was traded fro, a passing team in New Orleans. I'm glad to have Wallace's contract off the books along with Ellerbe. However I can't say Stills is an upgrade versus Wallace until I see it on the field.

This is laughable. We are comparing that Saints offense to ours.

Saints offense scored 0.9 points per game more than the fins. Pretty comparable actually.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

I can answer your first question...no

But is miami gonna put the same gameplan emphasis on stills they did mike wallace? I doubt it...the respect he gets from defenses wont be on reputation but earned...if he gets any...you got to earn it...wallace did that in pittsburgh and as long as he showed he still had jet fueled speed he was gonna have it here

Stills is gonna be in show me mode...the less emphasis he has gameplan wise though the more opportunity you have to sneak him over the top of the defense or get him up against the oppositions weaker corners

Also given the multi-TE sets Miami will likely run in 2015 (especially if Clay is signed), there will be a lot of opportunity with play action to get behind the defense.

Also given the multi-TE sets Miami will likely run in 2015 (especially if Clay is signed), there will be a lot of opportunity with play action to get behind the defense.

If that's the plan, they better work faster to improve the quality along the O-line. If it remains as is, I highly doubt we'll get to employ both Cam and Clay together that much as neither are worth a damn blocking.

As Wallace stood there, Gibson told the press, "Mike wants to be a Viking, he likes the snow." Wallace nods.

Brees vs. Tannehill . . . let's be serious.

And honestly, Still's doesn't have a "huge" catch radius . . . he's very similar to Wallace, except slower.

I like that we cleared the money, but I can't sit up here and say we upgraded at WR. We didn't, we got worse.

Who invited Buzz Killington?

Back
Top Bottom