Did Herbert's Senior Bowl MVP, Make MIA Getting Burrow More Likely? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Herbert's Senior Bowl MVP, Make MIA Getting Burrow More Likely?

I do believe the Bengals are weighing the options. Is Burrow better than Tua/Herbert a starting offensive tackle and WR? Would they be better off with 3 first round picks? The Bengals don’t really play the free agent game so getting multiple first round picks would be huge for them. I’d still bet on Burrow being the pick but I don’t think it’s close to being a lock.

I agree, the actual game itself is a very small part of the overall "senior bowl" week.

OP was framed in a way that has to do only with the game, but there were also practice evals, interviews, coachability assesments, etc happening.

It isn't some huge paradigm shifting event, but it also isn't completely meaningless either.

That's a pretty broad statement. Care to elaborate?

Nope. Just dont see what you and others do. Pretty simple actually.

Nope. Just dont see what you and others do. Pretty simple actually.
"Me and others"?

I don't recall ever posting strong feelings on the guy either way.

I wouldn't be unhappy if he were the selection, but I've hardly been pounding the table.

Maybe you don't see "it", because you don't want to see it.

Burrow is set in stone in going to Cinncy unless he is found wanted in the murders of a few people...

I can see some teams falling in love with Herbert's size, arm etc and thinking they can get him to improve on the mental side. Happens all the time, a la Paxton Lynch being a notable example.
Maybe to the point where they get scared off from Tua's injuries and decide they want the 6'6 righty over the 6'1 lefty if they had the choice.

"Me and others"?

I don't recall ever posting strong feelings on the guy either way.

I wouldn't be unhappy if he were the selection, but I've hardly been pounding the table.

Maybe you don't see "it", because you don't want to see it.

I guess. Maybe you do, because you want to.

Ok,

So Herbert did well yesterday in the Senior Bowl. He earned the MVP which is quite the accolade as the Senior Bowl is essentially a job interview for the NFL. The Bengals were coaching Herbert's South team as well.

With that said, do we think Bengals could now be considering Herbert? This would open them up to possibly trading back for us to be able to move up and get Burrow. Yes, I don't think the price is ever going to get lower than 2 its rounders this year and one next year but do we think Herbert's performance may have opened this up as an opportunity?
does anyone on this board think that after the season that Burrow had, that Herbert would be the top pick of the draft?

Herbert seems to get scared under pressure. Senior bowl is vanilla defense with no pass rush. I dont trust anything but game scenarios with him.

Herbert seems to get scared under pressure. Senior bowl is vanilla defense with no pass rush. I dont trust anything but game scenarios with him.
MEH, there isn't any prospect that doesn't come with question marks, including Burrow. If you wait for the "perfect" QB, you will wait a long time.

I want to like Herbert a lot more than I do... Kid "could be" (develop into) a dominant PRO
or he could fail to elevate his game and never really master the core job description.

Classic prospect with a huge upside but notable bust potential IMO. At this point I put Tua
in the same category based on his injury history. So either QB is a "risk" per se.

No way in hell I trade up from #5 for either kid.

Burrow to Cincy, even through Brown is an oddball who doesnt know his ass from his elbow when it comes to football; not even he can screw this up.

I dont get the Pat White to Tua comparisons, unless you mean it is possible for one hit will ruin his career. Which is the case for any player, but physically and game wise they arent in the same Galaxy.

Herbert is just a wheel of fortune type QB, on his big run during the game the Michigan DE just tapped him on the waist like it was practice and he couldnt hit him. He was sacked and was meh with pressure. Heard his mid to deep range game wasnt sharp but mobile can be a lousy place to play conditions wise. I agree most scouts are gone by the end of the week, the game means very little to even to coaching staffs they got all the tape they needed during the week. But Herbert is a wheel of fortune type player and what I mean is you can get a $5000 spin or a vacation to Tahiti and thats him running 40 yards or a perfect seed for a 50 yard TD strike, but the next spin could be a bankrupt and he just wings it over the middle for a pick six. He doesnt seem to play at a high level for long stretches at a time. He may have 20 great snaps then 3 bad ones, then 10 okay ones then 15 great ones to end a game. Overall he played great according to numbers but was he really that good? He was voted team Captain for 4 games his Junior season, and I cannot seem to find anything about 2019. Seems odd that the Heisman type QB on your team isn't like a permanent captain. I dont know maybe Oregon just doesn't do that, he is super smart but not vocal. Which isnt a problem, personally would rather the QB for the Fins be a vocal leader and a guy who inspires his teammates and leads them.

Back
Top Bottom