Do the Miami Dolphins have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Miami Dolphins have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL?

The stupidness of the argument is our team being good despite the qb.

everybody wishing for Kaaya to leave early best calm down... he's extremely loyal to his academics; and with 2 seasons under Richt, he'll be more than NFL ready
Was thinking the same. Kid should be in no hurry. Got a good coach to learn from.

You can't blame First Take. I mean Tannehill did not only regress last year, his defensive play ranked bottom 5 in the NFL. He couldn't tackle, couldn't stop the run, and couldn't cover. He's a disgrace to Miami. And should be cut immediately or traded for a Kap and his tired arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't blame First Take. I mean Tannehill did not only regress last year, his defensive play ranked bottom 5 in the NFL. He couldn't tackle, couldn't stop the run, and couldn't cover. He's a disgrace to Miami. And should be cut immediately or traded for a Kap and his tired arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only that -- Tannehill couldn't block worth diddly squat and kept pushing defensive linemen into poor Dallas Thomas, causing Dallas to rank dead last in the league. And Tannehill had the balls to pee blood -- just to make people feel sorry for him.

lol

LD

Question should be: How many games did Tannehill cost the dolphins last season, and how many games did the O-line cost the team by being so bad? Tannehill was 24 -12 touchdowns to int ratio with 4200 yards, with a O-line that can block he could've had 4500 yards, no but knocked on his ass 40 plus times equal no yards, so forgive me Tannehill bashers if they cut that number by half the phins are in the playoffs, they lost 4 games in the 4th quarter last season when they were leading, and with no help from the defense that was getting gashed.

Question should be: How many games did Tannehill cost the dolphins last season, and how many games did the O-line cost the team by being so bad? Tannehill was 24 -12 touchdowns to int ratio with 4200 yards, with a O-line that can block he could've had 4500 yards, no but knocked on his ass 40 plus times equal no yards, so forgive me Tannehill bashers if they cut that number by half the phins are in the playoffs, they lost 4 games in the 4th quarter last season when they were leading, and with no help from the defense that was getting gashed.
this is a good point. While I'd like to see Tannehill be the reason we win more often, fact is, he is hardly ever the reason we lose. Very few games in his career you can point to and say "wow he was horrid w 4 picks" etc.

I think if anybody on Belichicks staff ever said they want to run more just because they are unbalanced they would be looking for work the next day.

We've been spoiled as fans to witness what could be the best QB in history (QB/Head Coach combo too). New England isn't common. Their situation of plugging and playing anyone into the lineup and them having success isn't common. It isn't a fair comparison.

When we played the Bears Dolphin fans were saying we could get the good Cutler or the bad Cutler. The good Cutler could be a problem but the bad Cutler is a joke. Most predicted we would get the bad Cutler.

Contrast that to when we played Green Bay. Before the game the narrative was simply that Rodgers was going to destroy us.

Cutler and Tannehill do not put fear into opposing fan bases like a Rodgers. Every fan from every other fanbase making their predictions right now is probably chalking Miami up to a win (for them). I bet if you averaged all the predictions from every fan outside of Dolphin fans Miami would be like a 2-14 team. No Seattle fan is predicting a loss to us. Cleveland could be like 75%. New England fans are 100% picking NE. Benglas fans are probably picking Bengals to win close to 100%.

So your justification for your view of Tannehills inadequacies is based on the fact that he is not Rodgers or Brady? Or that the fans of the opposing team pick their own team to win and not ours? Iron clad theory.....not grasping at straws at all.

it sound like thill17 is being called out. also cutler and Stafford as well.

This is exactly right. It's "worst QB situation" not "worst QB". All three are being paid like franchise QBs but their performances are much more like journeyman starters. Statistically, they're not bad, but their play isn't good enough to elevate their teams, and their big salaries limit the ability of their teams to add players around them to give their teams better shots at winning games. Of course, if their teams kicked them to the curb, that would created a whole different set of problems because even competent journeymen QBs aren't easy to find and they don't come all that cheap.

I would guess that Houston will be joining this group unless the Texans crafted Brockweiler's deal very carefully with outs for the team if he fails to produce;on the surface, Brockweiler's deal is totally out of whack with the quality of his performance last year. Just for starters, he didn't get better only worse as he gained experience. That a wounded Peyton had to rescue the Donkeys from Brockweiler's incompetence in the playoffs ought to have raised more major red flags about his future as a starting QB.

These stats don't prove that you need balance to win. They prove you need a good QB to win, whether you run or pass the ball -- with Denver being the exception last year. Most of the teams in the NFL last year were bad; it was one of the worst years I've ever seen. I'll bet that if you analyzed the "balance" across the league last year betw running and passing team by team, there's not much correlation with wins vs. losses.

This is exactly right. It's "worst QB situation" not "worst QB". All three are being paid like franchise QBs but their performances are much more like journeyman starters. Statistically, they're not bad, but their play isn't good enough to elevate their teams, and their big salaries limit the ability of their teams to add players around them to give their teams better shots at winning games. Of course, if their teams kicked them to the curb, that would created a whole different set of problems because even competent journeymen QBs aren't easy to find and they don't come all that cheap.

I would guess that Houston will be joining this group unless the Texans crafted Brockweiler's deal very carefully with outs for the team if he fails to produce;on the surface, Brockweiler's deal is totally out of whack with the quality of his performance last year. Just for starters, he didn't get better only worse as he gained experience. That a wounded Peyton had to rescue the Donkeys from Brockweiler's incompetence in the playoffs ought to have raised more major red flags about his future as a starting QB.

Ryan's salary isn't limiting the team from doing anything. I believe after this year they have an easy out from the contract should they go that route.

I watch ESPN for the same reasons I follow Omar and the like.

I don't

Doughty already looks better than Matt Moore.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

"You can't blame First Take. I mean Tannehill did not only regress last year, his defensive play ranked bottom 5 in the NFL. He couldn't tackle, couldn't stop the run, and couldn't cover. He's a disgrace to Miami. And should be cut immediately or traded for a Kap and his tired arm."

His inability to play left guard for himself was just 'the worst'.

I heard the big O said that Doughty has a bigger upside than Tanny because he thinks like a QB and Tanny still thinks too much. He said Doughty already knows where he wants to go with the football after presnap reads. It's possible.

Don't waste your time on any hot take shows. It's straight up garbage, and will rot your brains.

Back
Top Bottom