Do the Miami Dolphins have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do the Miami Dolphins have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL?

They were a bad team b/c Flacco, Steve Smith, and Forsett got hurt on offense (didn't Suggs miss the whole year too?). Baltimore threw too much. Flacco had 413 attempts in 10 games, which is 41.3 a game. Had he averaged that all year he would've had 659 attempts which would've had him 2 attempts behind Phillip Rivers for the NFL lead.

Look at the Top 10 QBs in pass attempts in 2015:

Rivers - 661 attempts - 4-12
Brees - 627 attempts - 7-9
Brady - 624 attempts - 12-4
Manning - 618 attempts - 6-10
Ryan - 614 attempts - 8-8
Bortles - 606 attempts - 5-11
Stafford - 592 attempts - 7-9
Tannehill - 586 attempts - 6-10
Carr - 573 attempts - 7-9
Rodgers - 572 attempts -10-6

2 of the Top 10 QBs had a winning record (Matt Ryan was .500/both are record-setting QBs also). Balance is key as much as any of us would like to believe it's a passing league.

Yeah but do you force balance to get a winning team or does balance come naturally for good teams?

Baltimore is an indication that for Harbaugh, one of the better coaches in the NFL, its the latter. Though its not as clear as I would like because they changed offensive coordinators.

I don't give a **** who the Dolphins QB is, you simply cannot win with only running the ball 30 some odd percent of the time. Those that do win tend to be an anomaly and not the norm. I want Tannehill to succeed, it would be much easier if he did, but I would rather have a coach that actually knows what the hell he is doing and actually nake decisions and calls game that help his team as opposed to hindering it.

Do the Miami Dolphins have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL?

Not even close with a capable starter , a back up with a winning record when he started games and a promising rookie

I'd say as far as QB they are in better shape than most.

I don't think anybody in their right mind would call Ryan Tannehill the worst QB in the entire NFL.

But, it is totally plausible to say that being in limbo at the QB position is a pretty messed up situation to be in.

And that is most definitely worst than having a rookie QB or just a flat out terrible QB starting for your team.

That's where we are folks.

Let's assume that they are right about Tannehill not being the answer for a minute. We have an out soon, so that disqualifies the arguement that his contract is what makes us one of the worse QB situations.

Some of these other teams are locked in long term with what you would call a bad QB. End of that debate

Let's assume that they are right about Tannehill not being the answer for a minute. We have an out soon, so that disqualifies the arguement that his contract is what makes us one of the worse QB situations.

Some of these other teams are locked in long term with what you would call a bad QB. End of that debate

Not many actually.

Stafford's contract is up after 2017 and the Lions have an out after this season (only 5 million in dead cap). Cutler's contract is essentially up after this season, even though he is signed through 2020. Only a 2 million cap hit.

Ryan's out really isn't until 2018 when the cap hit is only 4.6 million. Dead space on Ryan over 10 million if cut after this season. He'll have to be pretty damn bad to make that move.

My overall point is that last year Miami was too one-sided and that was a major reason they were 6-10. Lamar Miller was underutilized his entire career as a Dolphin. Assuming Houston uses him in a different manner than our squad did, I imagine you'll be him blossom into a great RB.

Thats not the reason...it sounds great and all but its not why this team was 6 and 10

Last I checked, Marino put it up way more often than the team ran and was successful. What is missing from Tannehill is that signature drive when the team needs it. Far to often in crunch time he goes three and out giving the other team's quarterback to go out and win the game.

1st down - run -2 yards
2nd down - 1.5 second sack -6 yards
3rd down - bubble screen called +8 yards.

Damn you Tannehill!!!

Not many actually.

Stafford's contract is up after 2017 and the Lions have an out after this season (only 5 million in dead cap). Cutler's contract is essentially up after this season, even though he is signed through 2020. Only a 2 million cap hit.

Ryan's out really isn't until 2018 when the cap hit is only 4.6 million. Dead space on Ryan over 10 million if cut after this season. He'll have to be pretty damn bad to make that move.

Point taken. But if Tannehill looks poor this year. I don't think Gase would have any issue taking a QB early next year

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

As a Canes fan, I would love Brad Kaaya. But i do like Tannehill and hope he is the guy

Staffords been riding calvin johnsons coat tails...who's ryan tannehill been riding?

Lamar Miller was greatly underused. Some coaches in Houston are saying Miller is going to lead the league in rushing this year. And i have no doubt that be can. Houston is a good running team in the first place

Back
Top Bottom