Doctors win, "Lemmings" lose! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doctors win, "Lemmings" lose!

I get your point but I would imagine most guys in the league have long list of injuries as well

It is a violent game as you know

Wes Welker for example had 3 concussions over a two year span and still had a very productive career
While true, every player and every Brain is different. So while Welker remained productive there are others who may have not. The jury is still out on Tua.

The Green Bay hit that caused his latest concussion.

Well - I stand humbly corrected! Not how I remembered that play ending and yes I must agree that Tua needs to understand that these concussions he's been having are primarily due, so far, to hits to the back of his head. Where is the embarrassed emoticon when you need it?!!!

Read PFT and the comments. Bunch of morons with Florio as the Grand Wizard of Idiots

Pretty telling that our GM is noncommittal about picking up Tua's 5th year option.

Also for a card carrying member of Tuanon to be calling people who don't want to suffer with a QB who can only play 10 games a season "lemmings" is hypocrisy of the tallest order.

When you look up Lemming in the dictionary there is a picture of Ray!

alanis morrisette GIF
Fair enough...I appreciate the perspective and the measured approach. Those of us who are convinced that Tua is our best option at QB feel your pain and yes I humbly suggest that calling you folks "lemmings" may not be fair but in the same sentence I resent the Tuanon reference (even though I have now googled it and discovered that there was indeed a following started in California to "combat the fake news narrative surrounding Tua Tagovailoa") because to unfairly group hardcore Dolphin fans who like Tua with Tuanon = your being unfairly described as "lemmings". This is a sign of these crazy times that we live in - where it seems every subject, even NFL football is viewed through a polarized lens of right or wrong. As fans of 1 team - The Miami Dolphins - we can choose to be better than that. However, the inescapable fact is that as much as one thinks their opinion is right - there is another who seems to take the opposite. Therefore, I think its safe to say that FACTS become the best way to reach some sort of consensus. The answer is always somewhere in the middle. It's also vitally important to not let emotion play a part in these deciding factors - which I'm sure that our front office will not do. They will also take a measured approach and determine what is best for the franchise going forward. Now - we as fans in our fanatical nature will likely choose the emotional route! That's ok! As long as we don't descend too deeply into the quagmire of hate and disgust for one another. Mr. Chairman, I yield back.

Fair enough...I appreciate the perspective and the measured approach. Those of us who are convinced that Tua is our best option at QB feel your pain and yes I humbly suggest that calling you folks "lemmings" may not be fair but in the same sentence I resent the Tuanon reference (even though I have now googled it and discovered that there was indeed a following started in California to "combat the fake news narrative surrounding Tua Tagovailoa") because to unfairly group hardcore Dolphin fans who like Tua with Tuanon = your being unfairly described as "lemmings". This is a sign of these crazy times that we live in - where it seems every subject, even NFL football is viewed through a polarized lens of right or wrong. As fans of 1 team - The Miami Dolphins - we can choose to be better than that. However, the inescapable fact is that as much as one thinks their opinion is right - there is another who seems to take the opposite. Therefore, I think its safe to say that FACTS become the best way to reach some sort of consensus. The answer is always somewhere in the middle. It's also vitally important to not let emotion play a part in these deciding factors - which I'm sure that our front office will not do. They will also take a measured approach and determine what is best for the franchise going forward. Now - we as fans in our fanatical nature will likely choose the emotional route! That's ok! As long as we don't descend too deeply into the quagmire of hate and disgust for one another. Mr. Chairman, I yield back.
Well for our front office to take a measured approach brings into focus the fact that they have rarely, over the last 20+ years, actually fielded a team that has won anything meaningful. So it's very hard to trust in the front office to fix the Oline or the Linebackers or the Secondary or the Qb situation.

The underlying problem is the notion that the group who is hell bent on keeping Tua, seems adiment that we need a very good backup QB. As if it's just a give-in that Tua will suffer another season ending injury next year and the solution is to have the best back-up QB in the league. This is absolutely a flawed and illogical approach.

If your argument is that Tua is our best option next year, I can understand that statement and it's very likely going to be the case, bc we have little cap room, even less draft picks and the pool of available starters is weak as hell. So I get this argument. But fans like Ray and the "Tua-crowd" seem ready to stand behind Tua if he misses 8 games a year for the next decade and ignore the simple truth that this guy doesn't have the durability to be a starter in this league.

It reads like many of these "real-fans" as they call themselves actually love Tua more than the team. And it makes little sense bc most of them have been fans of this team years before Tua ever got here. Its like he's hypnotized them somehow.

Tua is polarizing, I love the guy as a person and when he's at 100% he's damn good, but he simply can't be counted on. There isn't a single season in College or the NFL where Tua has stayed healthy as the starter. Not a single one. And whenever anyone points this out, they are called Lemmings or Trolls or are told to go root for another team. It's just BS!

The cheerleading from the Tua-croud, when any little announcement is made about him, is obnoxious. If Tua takes a ****, they are ready to throw a parade in his honor. After how many times he's let us down, the cheerleading has just gotten old. To have a thread dedicated to Tua passing a concussion test and to celebrate it like they have just won some sort of self-fulfilling prophesy is hilarious to me.

Why is Tua is so polarizing with fans?

This old sales saying comes to mind:
”We have a list of three requirements from which you can only pick two: (a.) inexpensive, (b.) high-quality, and (c.) fast development.”

Tua consistently gives us two, but we want all three.

Well for our front office to take a measured approach brings into focus the fact that they have rarely, over the last 20+ years, actually fielded a team that has won anything meaningful. So it's very hard to trust in the front office to fix the Oline or the Linebackers or the Secondary or the Qb situation.

The underlying problem is the notion that the group who is hell bent on keeping Tua, seems adiment that we need a very good backup QB. As if it's just a give-in that Tua will suffer another season ending injury next year and the solution is to have the best back-up QB in the league. This is absolutely a flawed and illogical approach.

If your argument is that Tua is our best option next year, I can understand that statement and it's very likely going to be the case, bc we have little cap room, even less draft picks and the pool of available starters is weak as hell. So I get this argument. But fans like Ray and the "Tua-crowd" seem ready to stand behind Tua if he misses 8 games a year for the next decade and ignore the simple truth that this guy doesn't have the durability to be a starter in this league.

It reads like many of these "real-fans" as they call themselves actually love Tua more than the team. And it makes little sense bc most of them have been fans of this team years before Tua ever got here. Its like he's hypnotized them somehow.

Tua is polarizing, I love the guy as a person and when he's at 100% he's damn good, but he simply can't be counted on. There isn't a single season in College or the NFL where Tua has stayed healthy as the starter. Not a single one. And whenever anyone points this out, they are called Lemmings or Trolls or are told to go root for another team. It's just BS!

The cheerleading from the Tua-croud, when any little announcement is made about him, is obnoxious. If Tua takes a ****, they are ready to throw a parade in his honor. After how many times he's let us down, the cheerleading has just gotten old. To have a thread dedicated to Tua passing a concussion test and to celebrate it like they have just won some sort of self-fulfilling prophesy is hilarious to me.
First of all I don’t think we need a starting quarterback level back up…Actually I’ll be happy with Skylar and a late or undrafted prospect. Secondly - you can’t automatically assume that Tua is only going to play 10 games next year - matter-of-fact in the first two years he played 13…(NFL.com) He’s going to learn how to avoid the hits and protect himself this off-season - this is his first season with a concussion problem. Tua has the best numbers as a Dolphins quarterback since Dan Marino… He showed remarkable improvement this season. What has this franchise been missing more than anything since Marino left? A franchise quarterback and that’s what Tua is - IMHO. Also it’s totally unfair to think that because we think Tua can be great that we somehow love him more than the team? Then you will go really overboard and start to get obnoxious with the “parade if Tua takes a ****”comment…can’t have it both ways Chad - as I said in my original post… Now you have come back and proven that the two sides will ultimately disagree and we’ll just have to see who can be closer to the facts and which side resorts to the most emotional responses. So much for your measured point of view - It lasted one post! Your disdain for this organization - especially the front office runs too deep for me to help. So we agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Hall of Fame QB Steve Young has stated doctors know relatively little about conscussions. I imagine that any ethical doctor will admit this is true.
All factors considered, there is no good sense reason for Tua to continue playing football.

Hall of Fame QB Steve Young has stated doctors know relatively little about conscussions. I imagine that any ethical doctor will admit this is true.
All factors considered, there is no good sense reason for Tua to continue playing football.
Keep imagining

This is the most off the rails thread and I love it.

PS, please vote for me as “second most likely to be bagging groceries” in this years’ FinHeaven awards.

Brother if all you do is shiit on our team you will not be here long

ChadRico:

I don't know where you consider me in the Tua spectrum but perhaps I can help bridge the gap. I think what Ray and others are articulating, is that Tua is our best chance for success at this time. Particularly so, given our current situation. Personally, when I see posts saying we should bring in Brady or Carr to back up Tua (Or Tua should back them up for a year) it seems ridiculous to me. Others say we should cut or trade Tua and bring in Rodgers. Again ridiculous, because even in that extreme, we don't have the CAP space to afford a huge QB contract this year. The simple logical fact is that 2023 will be a make or break Tua with regards to his A. health and B. Performance. Thus far when healthy, he has performed well and we can win with him. Its also apparent that we need a quality BU QB in the event of injury. I'm happy to go with Skylar in that role because I se promise in him as a backup and he is cheap, however if we could land Minshew or Dalton for the vet min. I would consider it.

God Forbid if Tua retires or get hurt again and shows he isn't our future, then we have 2024 draft to find our new QB or trade that pick (and others) for whatever top QB is available (Carr might be sitting out battling with the Raiders for his money this season and be available in 2024).

We have options in 2024.

Regarding Ray, you might be misinterpreting him. His razor sharp wit and dry sense of humor along with sarcasm might be misconstrued. He is very intelligent and knows the game. He is above the zealots on either side of Tua. Add to that his long life of wisdom and you have his legendary status of always being right.

Cheers,

James

Back
Top Bottom