Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 10 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 10

CrunchTime said:
Tex.You made it to Power User.Congratulations.:tongue:.You can see the stats now .
thanks, thanks...

it was long in the making, but i've officially earned the "title." :D

EDIT: i am the lead seeder on the last 3 torrents we've had.... the '88 browns, the '86 rams, and the '01 Raiders.... :D

FYI guys i am using clone DVD (the german/swiss elby.ch version), and its worked fine on burning all DVDs for me...

I use Copy to DVD, and have never had any problems. I imagine Nero would work well also.

I've always used Nero. Haven't had a problem. Burning dvd's is easy :)

ok i figured out that i have to go into dvd player settings and turn sound to pcm! Ok my other dvd burning problem is when i get svcd or avi or mpg or anything when i put them on dvds my players dont recognize them yet if i do them as vcd or svd i don't have a problem and i use nerovison when i do those and my dvd player says check system?

Oregonfinfan said:
ok i figured out that i have to go into dvd player settings and turn sound to pcm! Ok my other dvd burning problem is when i get svcd or avi or mpg or anything when i put them on dvds my players dont recognize them yet if i do them as vcd or svd i don't have a problem and i use nerovison when i do those and my dvd player says check system?

OK.I just checked the 73 Steelers game which I burnt and I am having the same problem.No sound on my standalone player.OK on my DVD player on my PC.I have been using DVD Shrink to re.author and it may be the problem in regards to the audio output.I will run some more tests.

CrunchTime said:
BTW do you have '98 Denver W 31-21ready to share ? I have had a couple of requests for it.I have a VHS tape but the tracking lines are something awful.

I do. Let me dig it out & make a torrent...

Oregonfinfan said:

A dvd format means "mpeg2" audio+video. Your audio stream is usually ac3, or a wav file like pcm. You'll need to convert those avis to mpeg files before you can get them into dvd format, otherwise keep them as VCDs and watch like that. The conversion is heavy on your pc & takes time (& memory). Even then you'll need to re-author the new files into "dvd format"

When going from avi, etc to dvd, make sure to check your dimensions. I noticed a lot of these torrents are smaller (smaller files, of course) but anyone who later wants to burn to dvd later is going to get a degraded image when converting (therefore enlarging...)

DVDshrink only compresses, it doesn't alter. If your sound doesn't play it is becuase the file was authored in a non-standard dvd format. Your PC can roll with the punches & play various formats, but not all dvd players can...Try stripping the audio file out, converting it, then recombining.

That's not as simple as it sounds... :shakeno:

MaxPower said:
A dvd format means "mpeg2" audio+video. Your audio stream is usually ac3, or a wav file like pcm. You'll need to convert those avis to mpeg files before you can get them into dvd format, otherwise keep them as VCDs and watch like that. The conversion is heavy on your pc & takes time (& memory). Even then you'll need to re-author the new files into "dvd format"

When going from avi, etc to dvd, make sure to check your dimensions. I noticed a lot of these torrents are smaller (smaller files, of course) but anyone who later wants to burn to dvd later is going to get a degraded image when converting (therefore enlarging...)

DVDshrink only compresses, it doesn't alter. If your sound doesn't play it is becuase the file was authored in a non-standard dvd format. Your PC can roll with the punches & play various formats, but not all dvd players can...Try stripping the audio file out, converting it, then recombining.

That's not as simple as it sounds... :shakeno:

I was afraid of that.:(

Oregonfinfan said:
ok guys burned the raiders and fins game on dvd, plays in player but no sound? But if i put it back in pc and play form dvd i get sound any ideas? I now have 2 differnet dvds that are doing this?

Well Max authored the Raiders game and It played ok on my standalone.I checked all recent torrents ant they are ok with the sound.The only one that I have problems with is a future torrent that has not been uploaded yet.

So thats the reason why I get no sound when I added a menu and reduced chapters on the rams game. Had the same prob on the browns game. But on the sb7 game it worked without a prob.

havanahec said:
So thats the reason why I get no sound when I added a menu and reduced chapters on the rams game. Had the same prob on the browns game. But on the sb7 game it worked without a prob.

I just checked those two on my standalone and the sound is OK.Your player may not be reading AC3 Dolby.

I ran a scan on all previous torrents and all of Max's have mpeg2 sound tracks while all of mine have AC3 Dolby sound.I am not converting to this format.This is how I am receiving them.The AC 3 play fine in my player but I dont know if it will play fine in everyone elses player.What do you think Max ?

The 73 Steelers game also has an AC3 soundtrack but it has another problem which I need to resolve.Its more like an audio sync problem.

Back
Top Bottom