Dolphins and Ravens bid for Kerry Collins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Ravens bid for Kerry Collins

Tailgun said:
No interest, I actually watch the man play. Hey, I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I'm just sick of one flawed QB after another being brought in here. IMO, Culpepper is just more of the same and has 'huge bust' written all over him.

But we'll see. Let the season play out. Can he throw anything other than deep patterns? Can he make the skill throws like the curls and the in-patterns? If you've watched him over the years, you'd know him to be a poor decision-maker who takes an eternity in the pocket (and still scrambles 70% of the time and can get fumbled quite easily).

Having said that, I'm no more thrilled at the prospect of Kerry Collins, Tommy Maddox or Joey Harrington. I mean, there's a chance Harrington might just need a change of scenery.

But I still wish we'd gotten a better, total package than what's been so far.

People like you just dissapoint me.:shakeno: No faith in Saban. Shame on u!:rickybrow

i wouldnt mind getting collins but not at the expense of signing arrington.

Tailgun said:
No interest, I actually watch the man play. Hey, I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I'm just sick of one flawed QB after another being brought in here. IMO, Culpepper is just more of the same and has 'huge bust' written all over him.

But we'll see. Let the season play out. Can he throw anything other than deep patterns? Can he make the skill throws like the curls and the in-patterns? If you've watched him over the years, you'd know him to be a poor decision-maker who takes an eternity in the pocket (and still scrambles 70% of the time and can get fumbled quite easily).

Having said that, I'm no more thrilled at the prospect of Kerry Collins, Tommy Maddox or Joey Harrington. I mean, there's a chance Harrington might just need a change of scenery.

But I still wish we'd gotten a better, total package than what's been so far.

honestly are you serious ? how can a guy who is over 60 % completion percentage in his ENTIRE career be questioned about his accuracy, a guy that has accounted for 28 TD 4 out of 6 seasons and out of those 4 he accounted for 40 TD´s twice, come on get a clue :rolleyes2

hed be good but ive been givin my brother (a raider fan) so much trouble about him last year

Samphin said:
I am not too thrilled about the prospects of Kerry (aka SCARY ) Collins being in Miami. Sorry, I have ssen enough of him in Oakland to know that he holds onto the ball too long, can't move around the pocket and makes bad decisions in crunch time.

He had the most talented wide receiving corps in the league last year and underachieved. It would concernme that he would need to learn a new offense with new personell with still a suspect line.

dude.......it's for a backup. please name a better available option.

Of course he has his flaws....that's why he's not getting handed a starting job. But he would be one of the best backups in the league....which is something we need since there's no guarantee that our starter will be ready by the start of the season.

Collins has been my #1 choice as a backup. His arm fits our offensive scheme very well, and he's a veteran that's been to the Super Bowl. You can't ask for more that in the guy carrying the clipboard.

Tailgun said:
Keep laughin', but I'd have taken Ramsey over Culpepper. Really. Better attitude, more upside and every bit as strong an arm -- and more accurate IMO. Only time will tell, not you, whether I was right or wrong.

As for the Jets, laugh all you like, but they are handling their QB situation the way I'd wish we handled ours. They got their starter renegotiated and coming back with one more chance to prove himself, picked up a young guy with a great arm who might just need a new address and are now talking about trading up to get the best quarterback available on Draft Day: Matt Leinart. My friend, you'd better hope they are as incompetent an organization as you think.

Imagine all those years playing against Ken O'Brien if we hadn't had our Marino?
First, Patrick Ramsey sucks! Culpepper is way better, even with an injury. Second, why are you on this dolphin website and you acting like a jet fan?:shakeno: :fire:

Panamafinfan said:
Collins fit quite good for us, better than Harrington I think, he is more expirienced !!!.

Yeah and wouldn't cost any picks and lots of cash.

Back
Top Bottom