Dolphins cuts here | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins cuts here

I like Brooks, but as good as he has been I don't view him as one of our top 4 RB's. Keep in mind too he has played against sub par defenses. I played RB at a high level and coached RB's for 33 years, so I feel like its a strength in terms evaluating. I see Mostert, J. Wilson, Achane, Ahmed as our top 4 RB's. Gaskin would be ahead of Brooks too BUT...Brooks will make it somewhere in the NFL.
I havent noticed anything good or bad in regard to his blocking. I like him as a player and Practice Squad is where I expect him to end up.
Coach, I understand your opinion, but respectfully disagree. I think our RB room currently has 5 very fast guys with limited power. They’ve proven they can not get those tough yards in goal line or short yard situations. We NEED a battering ram and Brooks fits the bill. I would take him over Gaskin or Ahmed.

If so I will trade Skylar for Will Levis right now.

Can we get Bill O'Brien the GM job there real quick?
If that is the case, I bet we could get Will Levis and a couple of first rounders for Skyler :chuckle:

Coach, I understand your opinion, but respectfully disagree. I think our RB room currently has 5 very fast guys with limited power. They’ve proven they can not get those tough yards in goal line or short yard situations. We NEED a battering ram and Brooks fits the bill. I would take him over Gaskin or Ahmed.
That's where I'm at as well. But, I also want to make sure I'm not overvalueing Brooks based on the fact that we haven't had a back who can power through tackles in quite awhile.

Unfortunately we didn't get to see Brooks against any top tier talent, not even at practices. Tough to evaluate but he did run hard and protected the ball. Everything was positive. I felt the same about Doaks a few seasons ago. Big back, broke tackles and ran well inside. Never really made it off the practice squad though and he, unlike Brooks rushed for over 100 yards a few times.

Welker is not letting Cracraft go, hes going to be a in the same mold of him and a Berrios. I think the only thing holding EZ back is his grasp of the playbook. He has all the tools to be a very good no2 borderline no1 reciever on any other team.

Unfortunately we didn't get to see Brooks against any top tier talent, not even at practices. Tough to evaluate but he did run hard and protected the ball. Everything was positive. I felt the same about Doaks a few seasons ago. Big back, broke tackles and ran well inside. Never really made it off the practice squad though and he, unlike Brooks rushed for over 100 yards a few times.
When did Doakes rush for 100 yards in the NFL?

I just don't see Brooks making a 46 man active roster if he were on the 53 man squad. The Fins are going to dress a fullback in Ingold and at most three HBs. Ingold had 6 runs last year and five were first downs -- I think they only time he didn't get a first down was on a second down and not short situation. I think if you are going to dress a fullback, dressing a halfback for the sole use of third and short wastes a spot on the 53. I like Brooks, but think he's PS material.

Gerrid Doakes has no regular season carries in the NFL. In 2021's preseason with Miami he had a total of 88 rushing yards on 26 carries playing in 3 games. In 2022 he had 71 yards on 13 carries and again played in 3 games. Not sure where the multiple 100 yard games came from. Maybe confusing him with someone else.

Last edited:
I checked and it doesnt look like he did. My mistake on the yardage. I thought that he like Brooks was a tough inside runner. Both have bigger bodies and quick to the los.
Vs Bengals
1693190958931.png

Last night vs Jaguars
1693191014405.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom