Dolphins cuts here | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins cuts here

We need to keep extra RBs and WRs this year.

Mostert and Wilson and Achane > Ahmed and Brooks > Gaskins

Tyreek and Waddle > Chosen and Berrios > Ezukanma and River Cracraft > Cedrik Wilson (trade him please)

That's my thought instantly too, but reportedly, they aren't confident in Levis or Willis as the backup to Tanny.

Thompson is good. Better than practice squad

FWIW, I've seen nothing from EZ to make me feel that he should be WR#3....he had a couple of nice runs in one game....I like EZ and his potential but at this point I think Berrios is a solid #3 and EZ is behind Wilson as well. Wilson had a good game last night along with Cracraft.
Agreed. EZ is not a number 3 on this team at this time.

Miami targeted Cedrick last night and he played well. He stays based on his contract, which is bs. He’s not a better receiver than Chosen. Cracraft has to stick. He catches everything and he blocks. Chosen last night was dogging it on some of the run plays. He should’ve been busting his ass every down knowing how tight the WR competition is. Plus, he’s a wild card, he could cause a bad scene if he does make the team, but isn’t being utilized. He’s probably the third/fourth best WR on the team talent wise, but I don’t think he makes the cut. I still like what he can bring to the table, tho. It'll interesting to see how many wideouts we go with. EE might be caught up in the numbers game too.
I think Chosen gets cut and then they try and bring him back when with one of the multiple IR slots they'll have available.

EZ is not getting cut. But he better have learned the playbook by now...
Therein lies the issue with him. If he hasn’t grasped the playbook by now, he should be gone. Hopefully, he’s got it down. That being said, EE is far from a lock.

Some teams have made initial 10 player cuts. Is that to give some players a chance to catch on elsewhere?
They first guys cut would be in the 80-90 roster range. They seem less likely to catch on with another team.

Therein lies the issue with him. If he hasn’t grasped the playbook by now, he should be gone. Hopefully, he’s got it down. That being said, EE is far from a lock.
Some players just take a while for the lightbulb to click on. I dont see anyway they cut him. I think hes a lock. Chosen better grab the rosary beads though....

Some of my early predictions:

I believe Dolphins keep all three QBs for now. If another QB entices the Dolphins, then they may make a move for it. It would have to be for a minimum contract, making it worth cutting Skylar.

RBs (without a Jonathan Taylor trade): Mostert, Wilson, Achane, Ahmed, Ingold. I feel like this group has solidified itself. Gaskin makes the team if Ahmed is injured. Chris Brooks is a PS stash.

WRs: Hill, Waddle, Berrios, Chosen, Wilson, Ezukanma

I believe the team may try to find a trade partner for Wilson to clear his salary. If that can't happen, he makes the team.

If he does get traded, I have River Cracraft making the team. Cracraft may make the team regardless, possibly over Chosen.

Back
Top Bottom