Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill

It all comes down to how teams feel about this QB draft class, because the free agent options outside or Bridgewater suck. Can't see a playoff caliber team taking a chance on Winston.

I think a team like the Jaguars would make a great fit for Tannehill. Dominant defense, top notch running game, and a nice group of young receivers. All he'd need to do is manage the game and not turn the ball over.

If we can get a 3rd/4th.... Great. If not, then just take whatever. Time to move on.

I think Tannehill would be a decent fit for any team with a good OL who can protect their QB. The Jags are in perfect position to take a chance on Tannehill if they would commit to rebuilding their OL this off-season. As you said, they have a lot of the other pieces and a very strong defense that if the offense would share the burden could become a beast.

I think Tannehill would be a decent fit for any team with a good OL who can protect their QB. The Jags are in perfect position to take a chance on Tannehill if they would commit to rebuilding their OL this off-season. As you said, they have a lot of the other pieces and a very strong defense that if the offense would share the burden could become a beast.
They aren't going to take on Tannehill's salary AND Bortles, when you have the same QB in both of them.

I honestly don’t give a flying **** whobour QB is in 2019. We need to be all in for 2020.

I could argue his top 8 pick pedigree was slammed out of him by some of the worst OL play ever witnessed also saying he had very few weapons in place making below average receivers look somewhat good

I just do not agree with trashing the guy who took a beating week in and week out for all those years
He’s a class act and I have nothing but respect for his toughness and him the person. As far as his time in Miami, unless he would agree to a cut / restructure you just can’t keep him. He’s capable of playing well in spurts but not an entire season - that’s pretty much the definition of a backup. I could see him as a very good backup on a team and if needed to play 3-5 games, could get you 3-2 etc. I’d love for him to be our backup but that’s not happening as there is no one to backup. Which means he’d start and we wouldn’t go 2-14 and lock up the no 1 pick.

Tannehill cap number makes him damn near untradeable. Any team wanting would only do so if he wanted to redo his deal.

Just release the guy, hes shell-shocked ala David Carr.

Again why rush the release, a perfect scenario would be two get two teams even somewhat interested, or if we did wait it our for injuries at QB positions around the league.

The league is starved at the QB position, he will get a second chance someplace before he is David Carr’d one Way or another.

3,900 yards, 22 passing tds, 6 rushing, 8 ints.

Tannehill eclipsed 200 passing yards 4 times.

They’ll get by just fine without RT lol

Two of those 200 yard games include the game at Indy where he threw that prayer at halftime to Carroo and the Miami Miracle.

What regime that needs a QB is going to tie their job to that?

Two of those 200 yard games include the game at Indy where he threw that prayer at halftime to Carroo and the Miami Miracle.

Oh I fully believe he will play next year somewhere. There are teams (albeit few) with qb play around that level that are sinking with their current qb, and getting tannehill will be the alternative to their front office getting fired.

Then they’ll find out who he is and he’ll Sam Bradford around for a while before becoming a backup or retiring.

I dont see anyone biting at a $26 mil cap hit for 19 if thats correct in trade. Hed have to restructure as a part of the trade. More likely i see ryan forcing miami to cut him so he can pick his own team.

I do think he will start for someone in 2019.

Gase so far is the only one to do this.

I dont see anyone biting at a $26 mil cap hit for 19 if thats correct in trade. Hed have to restructure as a part of the trade. More likely i see ryan forcing miami to cut him so he can pick his own team.

I do think he will start for someone in 2019.
For a team needing a QB, who would take Tannehill over Haskins, Lock, Murray, and/or Jones?

People see what Mayfield did behind a relatively decent oline. They can draft Tannehill's numbers for $20 million less.

Back
Top Bottom