Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill

Explore away, with Tannehill here we're not going to get a top 3 pick in 2020. If we're truly tanking--and fortunately it does appear that is the plan--then we need to let Tannehill move on and hand over the keys for a year to someone like Curtis Painter (Indy QB when they won the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes) or maybe just depend on Brock.

hand over the keys for a year to someone like Curtis Painter (Indy QB when they won the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes) or maybe just depend on Brock.

Oh the embarrassment, getting smashed by the Bills and the Jets twice. Will anyone tune in for that?

Oh the embarrassment, getting smashed by the Bills and the Jets twice. Will anyone tune in for that?
I grew up watching Dan Marino … I've endured decades of crap since then. If getting swept by everyone in the AFC East for one season gets me a good QB for another decade and a half, hellz yeah, sign me up!

And if it doesn't?
Here's the thing. We KNOW that not getting a top pick means our QB isn't going to arrive. Some teams do well in the 2nd round and later, but we draft guys like Chad Henne, Pat White, and John Beck, and we've had a lot of not-good-enough QB's. It's funny, because we drafted Bob Griese in the 1st, he was a hotshot from college and became a HoF'er and despite being out injured for much of the Perfect Season, he showed up in the playoffs and looked instantly-great and finished out that Perfect Season (something Tom Brady couldn't do when he entered the Super Bowl undefeated). Then we went to the Super Bowl with a committee at QB of David Woodly and Don Strock (Wood-Strock), but neither of them was great. So, Don Shula worked his voodoo magic and got one of the two best prospects in the draft--Dan Marino--to fall all the way to 23. He was our other 1st round QB, and he went to the HoF. Who was our 3rd best QB ever? This board isn't going to like it, but it might just be Ryan Tannehill, our only other 1st round QB.

Today it looks like our scouting just doesn't get a QB that's good unless it's in the 1st round. Most of the time (two-thirds?) the scouts are right about top prospects actually being top prospects, so unless you're looking for a guy without prototypical stuff, you're not likely to find a QB. The Dolphins drafting has been improving … but we haven't shown the ability to identify QB talent.

So yeah, IMHO, the only way we're finding another franchise QB is if we secure a top draft pick. Personally, I'd rather suck for 1 year than mortgage the future to trade up from mediocrity to get him. At least if we suck for 1 year we will still have draft picks to build around our QB.

they might get pick from one of team. that don't want wait until free agent. they will get couple offer for thill17 as starter or backup.

Left field thought just occurred to me. We roll with Colin Kaepernick as our QB for the 2019 season as an inexpensive option. This becomes the equivalent of the Colts' Suck for Luck as we Tank for Tua/Herbert but it also becomes a festering political embarrassment for Commissioner Goodell as President Trump stokes the flames of racism with a torrent of ongoing tweets.
With the likely Flores appointment, Miami becomes the one and only NFL team with a black GM, a black assistant GM and a black Head Coach (and minority black owners in the Williams sisters). Net effect is that we probably get the high Draft pick that we yearn for - we focus on developing our Offensive and Defensive lines - we save money to put towards a splurge the year after - and we knock out Commissioner Goodell in the process.

Yeah it was such a purge it resulted in the #1 rushing offense in football without the QBs legs doing much of the driving in 18 and a defense that was in the top 10 the vast majority of the year.

After 5 years of all timer level defense to start Wilson’s career.

If that’s what a purge means in Miami sign me up

:hclap:

Left field thought just occurred to me. We roll with Colin Kaepernick as our QB for the 2019 season as an inexpensive option. This becomes the equivalent of the Colts' Suck for Luck as we Tank for Tua/Herbert but it also becomes a festering political embarrassment for Commissioner Goodell as President Trump stokes the flames of racism with a torrent of ongoing tweets.
With the likely Flores appointment, Miami becomes the one and only NFL team with a black GM, a black assistant GM and a black Head Coach (and minority black owners in the Williams sisters). Net effect is that we probably get the high Draft pick that we yearn for - we focus on developing our Offensive and Defensive lines - we save money to put towards a splurge the year after - and we knock out Commissioner Goodell in the process.

What an uniformed post. I wasted 3 seconds of my life getting through the couple of sentences.

Back
Top Bottom