Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill

I’m very glad we’re cutting the cord. Tannehill will be an excellent backup in this league somewhere.

How do explain Russell Wilson's last two seasons?

2017...led the league with 34 TDs and his LT was a power forward in college.

2018...threw for 35 TDs heading a run heavy offense.

The run heavy offense in 18 was demanded by the head coach even. I think Wilson has a flare for the big play and throws away from leverage at the elite level. But I think if you don’t think that run game in 18 and defense the 5 plus years prior has made life a hell of a lot easier on said qb you are nuts. That’s what I think.

I know how mucb those sticks and scoreboard matter.

The run heavy offense in 18 was demanded by the head coach even. I think Wilson has a flare for the big play and throws away from leverage at the elite level. But I think if you don’t think that run game in 18 and defense the 5 plus years prior has made life a hell of a lot easier on said qb you are nuts. That’s what I think.

I know how mucb those sticks and scoreboard matter.
I think that if Tannehill was on those teams, they would have no Super Bowl appearances....

Don't think they are going to get much for him. Coming off of an injury plagued 2018 season where he didn't look as good as he did the last time he was close to 100% in '16. His trade value will be fairly low IMO. Most likely at best a 3rd day pick. If Grier can get a 3rd or even 4th for Tannehill, he should win an award.

And they would all go 6-10

That's possible! But the OP said he's a back-up and I pointed out a few teams without trying where he could legitimately start.
Moreover, I hope you'll at least acknowledge he could also go 10-6 as someone mentioned before.

Remember, he wouldn't be in the Patriots division. Heck one year the Pathers made the playoffs and won their division with a 8 game record.

Tannehill can go to the Giants, Cardinals, Jags, Denver, Redskins and start tod,ay! Hell he'd have a decent chance of starting for the Rams too.

Probably true, but his chances of taking those teams anywhere is zero.

And they would all go 6-10
Those teams averaged 5 - 11 last year, so it's not like that's really saying he isn't a starting quarterback.

Likely Tannehill is a lower level starting QB or a good backup QB. What I guess I don't get is why some many people have vitriol toward a guy out the door that never did anything but give effort here. You want to be angry at a guy, IMO it shouldn't be because he lacks talent. It should be because he lacks desire and effort. Be mad at the organization is you feel that they put someone in a spot they shouldn't be....but cut the guy some slack. He didn't choose to draft himself.

Back
Top Bottom