Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill

That may be a tad biased IMO

Maybe you missed the only SB that was over on the first play from scrimmage.

And yes, that defense with Marshawn was ALL TIME GREAT (highest run to pass ratio in the NFL that season), with ANYONE at QB...

Really? I’m the one willing to offload a starting QB for a 5th rounder, just because? Grow up and act like an adult.

Tannehill isn’t the answer for Miami, obviously. That doesn’t mean I don’t demand value for him.

He has trade value and if we only get a 5th round pick, we will have been jobbed.

What would be a fair value trade value for him?

Ryan Tannehill regressed this season and played poorly down the stretch. While I don't think we did him any favors with dogshit pass protection (I mean, watch the Jags game, it was just comical at that point) and a dogshit offensive scheme, the fact is that he also struggled badly at times this season. Honestly, he took a big step back from 2016.

But he still has trade value and we should extract the most value that we can out of him as soon as possible.
He has trade value, yes. But not more than a 4th or 5th. I believe that's as much as possible, for a number of reasons. He's shown to be an average starter. He's earning well above average starter money. He's now injury prone, sadly. He's a bit gun shy after years of taking a beating, and who could blame him. He has a big cap hit. He's also likely to be flat out released if he isn't traded. Teams know this, so they'll feel free to wait and try and negotiate a better contract with him.

Demanding value is fine. Demanding realistic value is another thing. There was an article with 2 personnel guys yesterday, not sure whose article, maybe Mando, and one lad said 4th at most, other lad said 5th if anything. Think about it logically, Fins are most likely going to cut him if they don't trade him. That lowers his value even more.

Tyrod Taylor netted a third round pick. Sam Bradford a 1st round pick just a couple of years ago.

However, it's true that the situation is a bit different here. The Dolphins FO already made the INCREDIBLY stupid mistake of saying that the team will be moving on from Tannehill. That was the single biggest mistake that could have been made.

That will significantly lower his trade value, because teams know he will be cut if we can't move him. But nonetheless, anything less than a 4th round pick will be a stunning disappointment. Even a 4th is going to be a bummer.

He's earning well above average starter money.

Really? What's average starter money for veteran quarterbacks these days? I bet the answer will surprise you. In fact, I think Ryan Tannehill's contract is one of the most attractive things about trading for him. Look at the Kirk Cousins deal. That's what veteran quarterbacks with nice passer ratings are getting on the open market.

Maybe you missed the only SB that was over on the first play.

And yes, that defense with Marshawn was all time great (highest run to pass ration in the NFL that season), with ANYONE at QB...

So you're not a fan of Mister Wilson?

Why so derogatory / dismissive to a player that's actually accomplished some things in the league

and seems to be fairly well respected?

I mean he's a PRO QB and there must be a reason, ya think?

Tyrod Taylor netted a third round pick. Sam Bradford a 1st round pick just a couple of years ago.

However, it's true that the situation is a bit different here. The Dolphins FO already made the INCREDIBLY stupid mistake of saying that the team will be moving on from Tannehill. That was the single biggest mistake that could have been made.

That will significantly lower his trade value, because teams know he will be cut if we can't move him. But nonetheless, anything less than a 4th round pick will be a stunning disappointment. Even a 4th is going to be a bummer.
Did anybody with the Dolphins say they are moving on from Tannehill? I was out of town for a while. I may have missed it.

picks are better than nothing. Hell, Id look to trade Parker, Branch, Alonso, James and Howard for picks if need be lol. If someone offers up a 1st for Howard, take it. A 2nd for James? Take it. A 3rd for Tannehill? Take it. A 3rd for Alonso, a 6th for Parker? Take it.

As long as we cut these guys before June 1st is it?....we save on the cap. If nobody offers picks by then, bye. But someone will be dumb enough to do it. I live in the Washington DC area, I bet Snyder's guys will offer a good pick for Tannehill. I bet they'd offer a 1st for Xavien Howard too, since they may move on from Josh Norman and just cut Swearinger last month.

Demanding value is fine. Demanding realistic value is another thing. There was an article with 2 personnel guys yesterday, not sure whose article, maybe Mando, and one lad said 4th at most, other lad said 5th if anything. Think about it logically, Fins are most likely going to cut him if they don't trade him. That lowers his value even more.

He is not getting cut. He will be traded or he will be on the roster. The Mike Tennenbaum days are over with resource mismanagement. He is a 7 year starter at QB, which is the most important position on the field. He has had stretches of good play and stretches of terrible play. A team like Washington, NYG, or Jacksonville will take him in a second. He is not going for a 4th or 5th. We’ll know more in a few weeks, but I have zero doubts we get a second day pick for him, or we’ll see him in training camp.

Really? What's average starter money for veteran quarterbacks these days? I bet the answer will surprise you. In fact, I think Ryan Tannehill's contract is one of the most attractive things about trading for him. Look at the Kirk Cousins deal. That's what veteran quarterbacks with nice passer ratings are getting on the open market.
You're right, he's middle of the pack. That does surprise me. Maybe his cap hit is higher than others?

Cousins though ... was brought in as the final piece etc. He was seen as a game changer for them. Tannehill would not be viewed that way in my opinion. More "He's better than what we currently have, let's take a flyer". I see you mention Taylor above as getting a third. Sure, he did ... maybe Tannehill gets there? But I don't see it, do you, in all honesty? With everything else about him, his injury history, his history of crapping the bed down the stretch etc? His cap hit. The fact Miami have already said they're moving on, I don't think people are taking into account just how damaging that is.

So you're not a fan of Mister Wilson?

Why so derogatory / dismissive to a player that's actually accomplished some things in the league

and seems to be fairly well respected?

I mean he's a PRO QB and there must be a reason, ya think?

I actually loved RW coming out of Wisconsin, loved his low INT percentage.

I still like RW as a QB and as a person, but the people that prop him up as this great QB are the ones that piss me off.

He isn't HoF great, and that will be shown again in this playoffs like every other one he has been in other than the super team in '03 where he wasn't asked to do much or whenever it was.

You're right, he's middle of the pack. That does surprise me. Maybe his cap hit is higher than others?

Nope. How could his cap hit be higher? Simply put, people cry and bitch and moan about player contracts, but don't ever bother to look around the NFL and see what market value is for those players. Tannehill's contract is actually a relative value for that position.

Did anybody with the Dolphins say they are moving on from Tannehill? I was out of town for a while. I may have missed it.

Salguero, Schefter, etc. have all been reporting that Tannehill will not be back with the Dolphins. Obviously, the cat's been out of the bag for a while now. You can't exactly go and tell every major media outlet that covers your team that you're not bringing the guy back, and then expect to get the maximum possible return on him.

Exactly. This to me is the biggest reason I see it as 4th max. You can argue himself and Taylor are very similar in terms of ability. Taylor was also younger when he was traded, more durable, and cost less. So, already, to say because he went for a 3rd Tannehill should ... you're losing value immediately on Tannehill.

Then, you've our idiots basically saying "We want to sell." It's like when Burns went to beg for his power plant back, and the German lad said "This is great, you are desperate to buy, we are desperate to sell". "Advantage Burns". Teams know they can wait till he's cut. That hugely drops his value. So it's a 4th at best in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom