Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill

RT ...if healthy has more of a chance for success on different team as a QB than Gase does as a HC

I disagree unless your bar for success is extraordinarily low. It's not some conspiracy or league-wide mistake that Gase is getting multiple HC interviews and Tannehill is maybe worth a mid-round pick. Anything better than a 5th would leave me ecstatic. I just don't see Tannehill taking a team to the playoffs. I can see Gase achieving that type of success.

Foles, proves what good coaching can do
Foles couldn't get the time of day after what Fisher did to him

Always believe that RT can be an effective QB without ridiculously bad circumstances he always faced...but I know excuses...whatever
I just know all here would have thought Foles was pure trash too after the Rams experience

Anyway this ship has sailed...just saying I appreciate the job he did and wish him well

I agree with your sentiment that I appreciate Tannehill's toughness and he put up with our franchises incompetence the same way we put up with his perennial average play for 7 years.

When it comes to Foles however...it's very easy for me to make a case that Foles is flat out a better QB than Tannehill. More touchdowns per-game, better YPA, better career rating...you could tell me it was just based on his one great regular season but if THill had that kind of season in his resume we wouldn't hear the end of it. I could also point to his clutch performances (Playoffs and Super-Freakin-Bowl) compared to Tannehill's anti-clutch performances in "win or go home" games (ducks against awful divisional opponents).

No one should be trashing Tannehill but there is no need to prop up his play. We've got a full-blown sample size.

Damn, it’s like a bunch of bitter exgirlfriends in this thread.

Tyrod ****ing Taylor was had for a third. That’s the minimum you ask for in return, but I’d ask for a second since Tannehill has been much better than Taylor. You guys need to get this Mike Tennenbaum bullshit out of your head and stop giving away resources because your little feelings are hurt he didn’t win a super bowl.
Ironic that the only one that sounds bitter in this thread is you. Nobody else’s post in this thread comes off this bitter in comparison to yours.

Tyrod ****ing Taylor was had for a third. That’s the minimum you ask for in return, but I’d ask for a second since Tannehill has been much better than Taylor. You guys need to get this Mike Tennenbaum bullshit out of your head and stop giving away resources because your little feelings are hurt he didn’t win a super bowl.

That's a fair point, but Tannehill has major cap hits in his future. Way beyond what Tyrod was ever owed. There was also a very vivid finish to his career in Miami, and not in a good way. If we got a 3rd, again, I'd be ecstatic.

Ironic that the only one that sounds bitter in this thread is you. Nobody else’s post in this thread comes off this bitter in comparison to yours.

Really? I’m the one willing to offload a starting QB for a 5th rounder, just because? Grow up and act like an adult.

Tannehill isn’t the answer for Miami, obviously. That doesn’t mean I don’t demand value for him.

Sadly, I really believe Ryan's NFL career was mismanaged -- specifically the attempts to convert him into a pocket passer

(where all his troubles started including injuries) as opposed to using his athleticism consistently and

in more innovative ways than we witnessed.

That said -- IMO a great football system exploits a players talents (his natural strengths) and minimizes his downside.

I just don't think Ryan ever had that benefit -- tho I am NOT saying that alone would have made him a championship QB.

I just think he could have been "better."

That's a fair point, but Tannehill has major cap hits in his future. Way beyond what Tyrod was ever owed. There was also a very vivid finish to his career in Miami, and not in a good way. If we got a 3rd, again, I'd be ecstatic.

That’s the going rate for starting QBs. I don’t think his cap hits will be an issue at all, honestly.

Really? I’m the one willing to offload a starting QB for a 5th rounder, just because? Grow up and act like an adult.

Tannehill isn’t the answer for Miami, obviously. That doesn’t mean I don’t demand value for him.

He has trade value and if we only get a 5th round pick, we will have been jobbed.

Tyrod Taylor has been to a pro bowl, had a smaller contract, and has a winning record. He's also younger (was even younger when traded) and doesn't have Tannehill's injury history. In short, Taylor was, and still is, worth more.

Excuses....Russell Wilson has been sacked just as much as Tannehill, per game. The difference is that Wilson is light-years beyoind Tannehill in the quarterback department.

I'm still waiting for those fools who compared Tannehill to Wilson, Luck, etc.

When they come around, you can hear a mouse piss on cotton.

No, the difference is the Seattle football team runs the football very effectively unlike us, AND plays great defense (but who really cares about the other 52 and coaching right?).

Can't wait till RW chokes in epic fashion in the playoffs AGAIN, and all his defenders still prop him up as a HoFer because he won a SB with a team so unbelievable my mother could have been their QB lmao.

Tyrod Taylor has been to a pro bowl, had a smaller contract, and has a winning record. He's also younger (was even younger when traded) and doesn't have Tannehill's injury history. In short, Taylor was, and still is, worth more.

LOL

You guys have lost all objectivity on the matter.

I disagree unless your bar for success is extraordinarily low. It's not some conspiracy or league-wide mistake that Gase is getting multiple HC interviews and Tannehill is maybe worth a mid-round pick. Anything better than a 5th would leave me ecstatic. I just don't see Tannehill taking a team to the playoffs. I can see Gase achieving that type of success.

I agree with your sentiment that I appreciate Tannehill's toughness and he put up with our franchises incompetence the same way we put up with his perennial average play for 7 years.

When it comes to Foles however...it's very easy for me to make a case that Foles is flat out a better QB than Tannehill. More touchdowns per-game, better YPA, better career rating...you could tell me it was just based on his one great regular season but if THill had that kind of season in his resume we wouldn't hear the end of it. I could also point to his clutch performances (Playoffs and Super-Freakin-Bowl) compared to Tannehill's anti-clutch performances in "win or go home" games (ducks against awful divisional opponents).

No one should be trashing Tannehill but there is no need to prop up his play. We've got a full-blown sample size.
Haha, thing is, according to some on here, he does. Except, it's a randomly cherry picked 16 games across the span of 3 different seasons. We've heard a heck of a lot about it.

Course, since his play died a death, once again with the season on the line, we haven't heard much about it.

Ryan Tannehill regressed this season and played poorly down the stretch at the end. While I don't think we did him any favors with dogshit pass protection (I mean, watch the Jags game, it was just comical at that point) and a dogshit offensive scheme, and dogshit receivers, the fact is that he also struggled badly at times this season. Honestly, he took a big step back from 2016.

But he still has trade value and we should extract the most value that we can out of him as soon as possible.

People who think he has no trade value are kidding themselves. His contract is very reasonable NFL starter money and someone out there will look at the tire fire that is the Miami Dolphins and decide that they can do better with him.

It's up to our front office not to screw the pooch.

No, the difference is the Seattle football team runs the football very effectively unlike us, AND plays great defense (but who really cares about the other 52 and coaching right?).

Can't wait till RW chokes in the playoffs AGAIN, and all his defenders still prop him up as a HoFer because he won a SB with a team so unbelievable my mother could have been their QB lmao.

That may be a tad biased IMO

Demanding value is fine. Demanding realistic value is another thing. There was an article with 2 personnel guys yesterday, not sure whose article, maybe Mando, and one lad said 4th at most, other lad said 5th if anything. Think about it logically, Fins are most likely going to cut him if they don't trade him. That lowers his value even more.

Back
Top Bottom