*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) *** | Page 113 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) ***

Thoughts on NEW Leaked Logo?

• Like It

Votes: 204 37.4%
  • Dislike It

Votes: 236 43.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 105 19.3%

• Total voters
This is good. Hopefully if enough of you hate the logo and jerseys, it will drive the price down for people like me that want their hands on the new merchandise. You get to moan and protest and I get cheap stuff. We both win.

Time to put this plan in motion. You guys are the best.

All20NFL20Helmet20Pins-1.jpg

Please list me the logos OUR new logo is better than? I'd love to see this list, and I'm sure most of you homers will start off with New England, Buffalo and New York.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Nice argument there. *claps*

You have nothing to list, you just get on your knees over everything Dolphins. Cool. I'm neutral and you aren't.

IMO, history aside, our logo is leaps and bounds better than:

1. Cleveland
2. Tennessee
3. Atlanta
4. Houston
5. New England
6. St Louis
7. Minnesota

These are logos that I find either dull, ugly, or confusing. Just my opinion.

Looks and moves more like Phillip Rivers

Not a good comparison.

Actually, Rivers & Marino is a good comparison. Neither was very mobile and Rivers even has a kind of similar thowing motion.

Tannehill was a starter at WR in college and actually led his team in receptions. He was also rated as the most accurate rookie passer on the run.

Personally, I think the helmet would look much nicer without that ragged sunburst around it... Maybe if the sunburst were more balanced like the old one it could work, but the new sunburst is a noisy mess.

MLtMwwo-1.png

I hope they will ditch the sunburst for the helmets int he future, and wrap the dolphin around the helmet like the Seahawks helmet.

Ditch the sunburst?!?!? That is as important as the damn Dolphin in my opinion. The sunburst has been there since the beginning. No way you get rid of it. I'd also definitely vote no on trying to wrap the Dolphin around the helmet like the Seahawks too.

Is that really you Skape?!?! You usually make pretty good suggestions and come up with some good mock-ups, but I think these are the two worst ideas you have had. :confused:

Mock up of Tannehill with new Logo/helmet

Ditch the sunburst?!?!? That is as important as the damn Dolphin in my opinion. The sunburst has been there since the beginning. No way you get rid of it. I'd also definitely vote no on trying to wrap the Dolphin around the helmet like the Seahawks too.

Is that really you Skape?!?! You usually make pretty good suggestions and come up with some good mock-ups, but I think these are the two worst ideas you have had. :confused:

I am saying to ditch the sunburst on the helmet only. I feel like it should still be in the logo in other cases. If the sunburst were more symmetrical and balanced I would be fine with it on the helmet, but the new sunburst is a noisy mess. It is very distracting and breaks the flow of the design, especially on the helmet

I am saying to ditch the sunburst on the helmet only. I feel like it should still be in the logo in other cases. If the sunburst were more symmetrical and balanced I would be fine with it on the helmet, but the new sunburst is a noisy mess. It is very distracting and breaks the flow of the design, especially on the helmet

The new Sunburst will take a little while to get comfortable with. I do agree that it doesn't seem to mesh quite right with the smooth clean lines of the Dolphin. A few posters here have seen the new uniforms and have said there is basically no orange on them. Just aqua and navy. That has me concerned. The orange is as important as the aqua, and I hate to thnk that Navy will now have a more prominent place in the color scheme than the orange.

Taking into account solely the aesthetics of the logo and not the fact that a team has a ton of history making an otherwise crappy logo iconic in some people's minds our new logo is clearly better than:

1. Chicago
2. Buffalo
3. Cleveland
4. Arizona
5. Indianapolis
6. Washington
7. Philadelphia
8. Atlanta
9. Tennessee
10. Minnesota
11. Detroit
12. Green Bay
13. St. Louis
14. Seattle
15. Pittsburgh

Those are just the one it is clearly more aesthetic than. Many of the remainder are debatable.

lay off the sauce :)

Logos don't need to have blood dripping from their fangs but should not look weak or expressionless either. I would not imagine that there is great demand for a mascots like the kittens, bunnies or rainbow unicorns...and if their is, I'd bet they'd be shown with a little more ferocity than they might normally display. I actually would have preferred a bold "M" or "D" to this emotionless dolphin design. Just sayin'

Mock up of Tannehill with new Logo/helmet

The new Sunburst will take a little while to get comfortable with. I do agree that it doesn't seem to mesh quite right with the smooth clean lines of the Dolphin. A few posters here have seen the new uniforms and have said there is basically no orange on them. Just aqua and navy. That has me concerned. The orange is as important as the aqua, and I hate to thnk that Navy will now have a more prominent place in the color scheme than the orange.

I agree with you. I will be upset if orange is mostly removed from the uniforms

That's funny because I think you just listed five of the best logos in the NFL. Those logos will hold up forever (and in the case of the 49ers, Packers and Chiefs, they already have).

Yep....Which is why I'd LOVE to have an "M" on ours,like the one on 'Flips helmet.I can dream can't I? Even the Broncos old Orange Crush unis were simply AWESOME!!! Their blue/'broncin/letter "D" helmet was simply one of the best!!! (In My Opinion Of Course)

It's awful looking, nothing fierce about it at all. (why even have a contest if they already had picked one?)

Just another one of these blunders by Stephen Ross.

I don't like the logo at all.

d-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Logos don't need to have blood dripping from their fangs but should not look weak or expressionless either. I would not imagine that there is great demand for a mascots like the kittens, bunnies or rainbow unicorns...and if their is, I'd bet they'd be shown with a little more ferocity than they might normally display. I actually would have preferred a bold "M" or "D" to this emotionless dolphin design. Just sayin'

I think the team are going for the clean look but you may have the point. The design are here to stay and even my mother who is not a football fan said that the logo was good.

Back
Top Bottom