Dolphins not cutting ties with Brandon Marshall(right now) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins not cutting ties with Brandon Marshall(right now)

I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand. The man has an incredibly long history of problems, what has he done where you can assume he is completely innocent?

She's guilty of stabbing him w/o a doubt but we don't know all the details. His history tells us there is more to this story. I'm not saying he is guilty of anything but for you guys to act like he is JUST BECAUSE HE IS ON YOUR FAVORITE TEAM is embarrassing.

YOU made this a Dez vs. Marshall debate, be mad at yoursewlf for the silly comment about Marshall being much more talented as if that has anything to do w/ Dez getting in trouble for wearing his pants to low and not paying some debts vs. Brandon being invovled w/ the police 20+ times over the past 3-4 years.

If you don't think Miami is thinking about it you don't really undrestand what is going on. Miami gave Marshall a long term deal w/ a safety net if he did get into more trouble. Even if he is 100% innocent he is still putting himself in bad situations. That's not good for a football team and Miami would be paying him a ton of money w/o knowing if he could even honor the contract.

I don't think Miami will cut him but I can guarantee you they are discussing every possible outcome.

The problem is this seems to happen w/ every relationship he is in. I wonder what the common theme is to all these disturbances?
you're so used to being a arguemenitive that you can't even keep the "facts" straight about who you're in disagreement with.

I am being bombarded w/ homers who would defend any dolphin(as long as they were still a productive player) no matter what they did. If Cam Wake killed a man this offseason we'd see excuses why it wasn't a big deal. It's sad.

Just jumping into this discussion, so I apologize if I'm incredibly late to the party.

As a Dolphin fan, it's disappointing to see Marshall involved again in issues like this. At this point, all of the details have not been released but to say he was not at fault here period is a bit naive. Innocent until proven guilty in my opinion is only reserved for individuals who aren't involved with legal troubles constantly. Not to say it's more guilty until proven innocent, but it's not as cut and dry as innocent until proven guilty.

The Dolphins I'm sure are exploring all avenues including potentially letting Brandon walk based on being able to get out of the contract if things don't work out in his favor.

I am being bombarded w/ homers who would defend any dolphin(as long as they were still a productive player) no matter what they did. If Cam Wake killed a man this offseason we'd see excuses why it wasn't a big deal. It's sad.

Stop calling people defending Marshall in this case homers. Your example isn't at all relevant to what is going on right now. Marshall didn't stab or kill anyone, he was not arrested for anything. HE WAS THE VICTIM!!!!!!

If we use the example you posted it would be like me thinking the dead person is the victim while you think the dead person was at fault. That is just ridiculous. Again, what exactly makes people homers for thinking Marshall was the victim in this matter when all the FACTS point to that being the truth? I am going off facts, you are speculating. You are the homer, not us.

If it were a Jets player/coach/FO/fan - it'd be a huge deal!!!

We'd throw one helluva party ... I'd spring for the the kegs. :up:

Edit: That is if Wake's victim were Jets associated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop calling people defending Marshall in this case homers. Your example isn't at all relevant to what is going on right now. Marshall didn't stab or kill anyone, he was not arrested for anything. HE WAS THE VICTIM!!!!!!

If we use the example you posted it would be like me thinking the dead person is the victim while you think the dead person was at fault. That is just ridiculous. Again, what exactly makes people homers for thinking Marshall was the victim in this matter when all the FACTS point to that being the truth? I am going off facts, you are speculating. You are the homer, not us.

That's exactly what you guys are being. The only reason you guys are defending him is b/c he plays for your favorite team.

WE don't know all the facts yet, we do know his history though and he has proven that he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

The man has been invovled w/ police an astounding # of times in the past few years. Why on Earth would anyone, other than homers, give him the benefit of the doubt? This is not a football issue, it doesn't matter to me what team he plays for but for some of you guys it's all about the unifrom they wear which is sad.

so your comparing marshall BEING stabed to someone killing another person? because those two are close to the same...not

it could be worse. if sparano's wife stabbed him in the right place he couldn't do the fist pump this year.

so your comparing marshall BEING stabed to someone killing another person? because those two are close to the same...not

I'm not comparing the acts just stating that no matter what a dolphin payer(that is a good player) does you guys will defend him and it's not just you guys, I think all fanbases act that way and it is sad that we cannot seperate the teams we root for. If Marshall was a Jet you guys would be going nuts about him. The difference btw myself and you guys is if Marshall was a Jet I'd be saying the exact same things. I love the Jets more than anyone but it doesn't mean I have to defend everything they do.

I'm also not saying Marshall did anything wrong, all I am saying is we don't know what went on and w/ his terrible history he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. You guys automatically give him benefit of the doubt b/c he plays for your favorite team and is a big time player.

That's exactly what you guys are being. The only reason you guys are defending him is b/c he plays for your favorite team.

WE don't know all the facts yet, we do know his history though and he has proven that he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

The man has been invovled w/ police an astounding # of times in the past few years. Why on Earth would anyone, other than homers, give him the benefit of the doubt? This is not a football issue, it doesn't matter to me what team he plays for but for some of you guys it's all about the unifrom they wear which is sad.
We are defending him because all the FACTS show he was the VICTIM. Has nothing to with what uniform he wears in the fall, it has to do with the FACTS. Marshall hasn't been in trouble with the law for over two years now, and past situations don't have anything to do with what happened here.

We are not defending him because he is a Dolphin, we are defending him because all the facts point to him being 100% the victim. You are condemning him because he is a Dolphin and you are a Jets fan. YOU ARE THE HOMER!!!

We are defending him because all the FACTS show he was the VICTIM. Has nothing to with what uniform he wears in the fall, it has to do with the FACTS. Marshall hasn't been in trouble with the law for over two years now, and past situations don't have anything to do with what happened here.

We are not defending him because he is a Dolphin, we are defending him because all the facts point to him being 100% the victim. You are condemning him because he is a Dolphin and you are a Jets fan. YOU ARE THE HOMER!!!

We don't know all the facts, the few that have trickled out support Brandon but this case is far from closed.

So a guy that has been involved w/ police for various incidents over 20 times in the past 3-4 years deserves benefit of the doubt?

The majority are defending him b/c he is a dolphin.

The proof for me is in my post history. I called for Edwards to be suspended for his DUI while you guys defended Ronnie Brown for his so let's not get into the homer thing b/c we know that isn't true about me. I give my honest opinions whether it is positive or negative about my team or Miami. Brandon Marshall does nto deserve the benefit of the doubt based on his history.

I'll give you a good Jets example, this would be like a woman claiming Antonio Cromartie fathered her child even though she never met him. Would Antonio deserve the benefit of the doubt based on his irresponsible behavior in the past? Of course not.

Not everybody is a perfect person in this world. I mean, everyone does ... kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel people need to give him a chance. I always looked up to Marshall and I always will because I still think he's one of the best WRs to me and I just love Brandon Marshall.

Everybody here needs to take a step back, stop arguing for a second and realize what each other is saying.

Fact: Brandon Marshall thus far seems to be the victim, and all the signs point that way.

Fact: NYJUNC is not saying marshall isn't the victim, but rather he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Fact: Marshall DOES NOT DESERVE the benefit of the doubt. This does not change that he may be innocent, but the simple truth is that thus far, he doesn't get the pristine halo of innocence before proven guilty because of his past actions.

The "illusion" of this country's judicial system that everyone is innocent until otherwise proven guilty is just as big as "all men are created equal". I know someone is going to pop up here and say "well that is what our country is founded on, it is true!"; well if you are born Black, Hispanic, or a woman, you start out a little behind the starting line, and that's just the way it is.

Hopefully the facts will come out, and he is just an innocent victim this time. But to sit here and argue "homerism" is just silly. If the main arguers weren't nyjunc and high profile dolphins posters, and instead were more "small time posters" (myself included :) ), this argument wouldn't be as ridiculous.

Welcome to Finheaven!

Hmm, wait a minute. You're not welcome. Go home or at least away.

If you don't think Miami is thinking about it you don't really undrestand what is going on. Miami gave Marshall a long term deal w/ a safety net if he did get into more trouble. Even if he is 100% innocent he is still putting himself in bad situations. That's not good for a football team and Miami would be paying him a ton of money w/o knowing if he could even honor the contract.

And you do? NO ONE knows what is going on. And there's a big difference between thinking about it, and actually considering it.

Back
Top Bottom