Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week

Well whomever is OC next year is going to benefit from a lot more cohesion and development. This year nobody had played with anyone else on the OL. Jesse Davis was the only holdover to start--everyone else was either an FA new to the team or a strait up rookie new to the NFL and team. Next year we'll have better OL across the entire line, and a fully healed, fully pre-seasoned, and one year experienced QB. Couple that with a healthy WR corps (including Preston Williams) and some new rookies to add to the mix (WR?), and a blossoming TE group that was excellent this past year and are all young ... the new OC should do significantly better. Our offense looks to be much improved over 2020.

This team is in ascent, and as the OL gains experience and gels, it will help both our run game and pass game tremendously. Our defense has arrived and makes it very easy for the offense to look good and win games. These things make the Dolphins OC job a much better opportunity than it has been in years past.

Fins Up!
Ahhh!!! The Voice of Reason. Always count on Digital to appear from the shadows and write with conviction and distinction. Way to go. :cheers:

I live outside of Philly. I have some doubts about Pederson. Reich may have been more of the reason for the Offensive success. Once he left for Indy, the offense and Wentz regressed.

We should bring Pederson in. He is going to be the fall guy in all of this. Do you really think it was his idea to lose that game?

I live outside of Philly. I have some doubts about Pederson. Reich may have been more of the reason for the Offensive success. Once he left for Indy, the offense and Wentz regressed.
Seemed like after the super bowl they really let it go to their head. They never drafted or acquired the right people to remain relevant and had been backing into the playoffs the past few years. Pederson seemed like he was too much of a players coach and the team broke

I was waiting for the Pederson calls, even if I thought he wouldn't get one of the other 6 openings (which he will, ffs Gase did after we fired him), I wouldn't touch him, he's shown nothing for me to be convinced he can run an offense without Reich.

Well he was good enough to win Philadelphia a Super Bowl with Nick Foles, Torrey Smith, Corey Clement, and Jay Ajayi. BTW - Future HOF coach, Andy Reid never won a Super Bowl in Philly.
They had Ertz and a great oline and a very good defense too. They Eagles have gone backwards ever since.

I think Pep Hamilton deserves more of a look than Lynn.
Definitely not a good fit if Tau is who Flo is going forward with. Pep has a complex WR tree's and likes to attack a lot vertically.

I think we should go with an OC that attack with intermidate throws (5-15 yard throws). I think it fits Tua and is also the best type of offensive to run today. Think of Brady throwing all those quick middle slants/crossing routes to Welker/Edelman/Gronk over the years.

Seemed like after the super bowl they really let it go to their head. They never drafted or acquired the right people to remain relevant and had been backing into the playoffs the past few years. Pederson seemed like he was too much of a players coach and the team broke
I'll pass on Pederson.

I'd like us to bring in these three for interviews: Joe Lombardi, QB coach, New Orleans; Mike LaFleur, passing game coordinator, San Francisco; Ken Dorsey, QB Coach, Buffalo.

If we go in house with Studesville or Godsey, I hope Flo brings in a defensive assistant (Matt Patricia anyone?) to help on that side of the ball, so he can be heavily involved with the offense in 2021.

I'd like us to bring in these three for interviews: Joe Lombardi, QB coach, New Orleans; Mike LaFleur, passing game coordinator, San Francisco; Ken Dorsey, QB Coach, Buffalo.

If we go in house with Studesville or Godsey, I hope Flo brings in a defensive assistant (Matt Patricia anyone?) to help on that side of the ball, so he can be heavily involved with the offense in 2021.
All can be blocked from being hired if their teams don't want them to leave.

Edit: I was corrected on this. The rule changed this year.

Last edited:

Like your names for the young dudes - and Patricia is super interesting... but bet he gets a DC gig somewhere or back to NE? Texans maybe

Back
Top Bottom