Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

It has been reported that he is not interested in a reunion here. I guess it wasnt just Philbin - prob thought Mike turned his back on him also when he got to FA.
Mike went after Suh and the rest is history. I don't think I'm alone in thinking Suh is a lot more skilled than Odrick. Having said that, I'd still welcome Odrick back in the D-line rotation at the right price.

Thus the reason the Dolphins aren’t going to pay a lot for that role player.

But Hankins, who played very well last season for the New York Giants, sees himself as more than a rotational player. He sees himself as a bona fide NFL starting defensive tackle. (He just might be that, even better than Phillips, actually).

And he wants to get paid like a starting defensive tackle -- which means he wants a multi-year contract and wants to make $8M a year, at minimum.

That’s what the Hankins camp is telling every team when they call. That’s what the Hankins camp told the Dolphins when they called way before I ever wrote his name.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article138802378.html#storylink=cpy

I get the concept of a player having a contract target (e.g., $8m/yr) and I'm not going to argue that is or isn't a reasonable position. OTOH, there is a freshness date with FAs and that date affects $$. The longer he goes unsigned with no real offers, the less likely his top price will be the actual contract price. And it Poe signs ANYwhere for, say, $7m, that $8m ask is even more tenuous. Personally, I think there has to be more to this story than an asking price.

What about the possibility that teams believe Poe is not in the best shape and are concerned about his decline do to weight etc.

I think thats worthy of a mention.

Mike went after Suh and the rest is history. I don't think I'm alone in thinking Suh is a lot more skilled than Odrick. Having said that, I'd still welcome Odrick back in the D-line rotation at the right price.

I wouldnt mind a reunion just to be clear, but again its been reported he is not interested. I guess things could change at some point. The only place I have seen reported he visited was NE. He might be an after draft type signing for someone also.

Imagine a base package vs the run like this......

SDE: Hayes
DT: Phillips
DT: Poe
WDE: Suh

Aint nobody running on this line IF Phillips can stay in his lane.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
More
The #Colts signed DL Al Woods, formerly of the #Titans, per @_SportsTrust. More depth & competition in Indy. 2-year contract worth $5M total

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago
More
Former #Seahawks and #Saints DL John Jenkins is visiting the #Bears today, source said, and he’s at the #Colts tomorrow. A rare true NT

Guess the Colts have moved on...

I wouldnt mind a reunion just to be clear, but again its been reported he is not interested. I guess things could change at some point. The only place I have seen reported he visited was NE. He might be an after draft type signing for someone also.

Didn't Odrick leave on a sour note? I highly doubt we want him or he wants us lol I wonder what went down when we had clowns running our beloved squad
PHINS UP!!

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
More
The #Colts signed DL Al Woods, formerly of the #Titans, per @_SportsTrust. More depth & competition in Indy. 2-year contract worth $5M total

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago
More
Former #Seahawks and #Saints DL John Jenkins is visiting the #Bears today, source said, and he’s at the #Colts tomorrow. A rare true NT

Guess the Colts have moved on...

I still am afraid ATL ends up with him. It makes so much sense for him to sign with us on a prove it deal and go crazy next to the best DT. That would make us a serious contender.
I know that sounds crazy ,but Gase is a genius so far so anything could happen..I heard he wants to play here in Mia but we shall see
PHINS UP NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!

I think Poe came to Miami for a free happy meal and that is it. I will be shocked if he signs a deal with the Dolphins. Look at Donta Hightower, how he used everyone else to up his value with the Patriots, which I think they seriously overpaid for his services. Probably out of fear the Steelers would sign him to replace Timmons.

I don't think he truly has a "market" otherwise he takes the biggest long term deal. He is facing the harsh reality he may come out of this with a 1 yr 6 mil deal lol
He needs to take into account what he could accomplish next to Ndamukong Suh!!! From getting double teamed to one guy blocking would be a tough proposition for any team to stop.
It makes sense if he wants the long term deal he's not getting this year..
PHINS UP!!!

Back
Top Bottom