Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

Guys like Poe & even Hankins are not going to sign for $4 mil a year. Grier & Tannenbaum must be smoking something good if they thought Poe was really going to sign for that little. The way they are going about this, Jordan Phillips is going to see a lot of snaps this season hope he is up to the challenge. They still need another guy to rotate in at DT & Nick Williams is not the answer.

Meh, I am not too upset about missing out on him. Money is still there to get someone. If we wanted him that bad we would have paid, we don't go cheap as many others can attest to.

I don't find an $8m one year rental to be wise decision myself , so I won't lose sleep over this.

I guess long term wise it wasn't the way to go

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 50s51 seconds ago
More
Per source, Dontari Poe agrees to terms with Falcons

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 25s25 seconds ago
More
The #Falcons have agreed to terms with DT Dontari Poe, source said

Whatever....Too much money.

FWIW, - and I know since it's the oft-maligned PFF, maybe not a lot, they ranked KC's front 7 as the 7th best in the league with DE Chris Jones rated best performer at 83.5, and Dontari Poe, the lowest grade at 55.8

By comparison, they ranked the Fins front 7 as the 12th best, unsurprisingly with Suh receiving the top grade of 87.2 and Branch receiving the lowest of 56.4 which is in effect about equivalent to how they rate out Poe.

as an aside, Timmons received PBurgh's lowest: 46.4

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-defensive-front-sevens-this-season/

If that Jets beast is Mo there are reports that he is looking severely out of shape(per Mo hater M. Mehta) This is alarming cause he is coming off a very bad year of football. That being said Mo W. is someone I would love as is S. Richardson.

Lol, it'd be one thing if we offered him like 6 or 7 compared to Atl's 8. We were offering half as much as what we MUST have known was his value on the market?

Sounds like we were just trying to score a bargain basement deal, but how is that really possible when you have so many teams bidding for a player?

We have two bums on the team who might as well be picking up their checks in ski masks and gloves that could have been cut to free up 7.5M but instead lets keep them and literally waste an entire day wining and dining Poe as if there was any chance he was going to accept half or less than half of what a Super Bowl team was offering him? Does that make any sense whatsoever? We got played.

I agree if in fact that info is true. Can't believe they would assume 4 mil would get his services, doesn't make sense. I also hear that Hankins is looking for 8 plus...no thanks

Back
Top Bottom