Dowwel Loggains Being Interviewed By Dolphins For Hc | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dowwel Loggains Being Interviewed By Dolphins For Hc

A PFT comment (uncomfortably reminiscent of when I was on the Fins Newsgroup and a bunch of Bears fans would come in to air their thoughts after JJ maneuvered/foisted Wanny on us).

bahoto34 says:
January 11, 2019 at 10:24 am
wow…as a bears fan, this guy was the worst thing that happened to us since trestman. so predictable. he is the main reason why kevin white never reached his potential. guy with that height and speed and he would throw him screen passes that would get him rocked and injured. his offense was so predictable, and his press conferences would make you want to yell at the screen. he always would say, we ran the offense based on what the defense was giving us. no, you make the defense run based on what you challenge them. it’s also hard to take orders from a guy who is like 5’4 with a nasally voice. (signed extremely bitter bears fan)

This is bizarro world...WTF would we interview Loggains for? He adds no value to us, and trying to block Gase seems petty and unprofessional. An exit interview, as another poster suggested, seems like the only valuable reason to talk with him.

I was gonna make the same suggestion Beasley made. May not even be a serious interview for head coach. Could be a let's see what Dowell actually has to say and maybe suggest him as OC interview

So to recap possible reasons to interview Loggains:
1. Courtesy interview (why?)
2. Stop or delay Gase from hiring him (see #4)
3. Pump information about current offensive personnel and staff (exit interview)
4. Keep him on staff as OC (Rizzi's choice?)
5. Management is bored -- filling time until we hire our actual next coach
6. Piss off fans
7. We really are considering him for our HC position (ugh!)

I was gonna make the same suggestion Beasley made. May not even be a serious interview for head coach. Could be a let's see what Dowell actually has to say and maybe suggest him as OC interview
I think that could be accomplished without giving him a HC interview. He is still under contract and an Dolphins employee. Like, Dowell come into the office , our next head coach really wants you to be the OC here's an extension. Instead the Dolphins, Hey Dowell we weren't really considering you as head coaching material but would love for you to stick around for a couple more years.

Back
Top Bottom