Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins

I really don't see us signing a FA WR this year... With Wilson and Hurns coming back, we already have a better room than at any time last year

Now... I guess if we trade these guys off before the draft, I'll eat these words.

I'm not sold on Hurns or Wilson. They are both players that put up numbers in the 400-500yds a season. The team can get better WRs if they are serious about upgrading the position. Im not a big Parker fan either if I'm honest but he's the best out of that group which isn't saying alot.

If one of our top 10 prospects starts to slide into the teens unexpectedly, trade up from 18 and grab him!

Yup.

Giants at 11 and Patriots at 15 are our biggest threats to landing a player maker.

Minnesota at 14 and Dallas at 10 appear optimal trade partners depending on the prospect/compensation request.

A lot of teams that drafted WRs early last year are huddled around each other this year. None of the teams that drafted a WR in the first round last year made the playoffs this year.

2nd round WR class from 2020 looked more impressive than the first round group.

I could see a move up to 14 to draft a WR though.

Last edited:
I'm not sold on Hurns or Wilson. They are both players that put up numbers in the 400-500yds a season. The team can get better WRs if they are serious about upgrading the position. Im not a big Parker fan either if I'm honest but he's the best out of that group which isn't saying alot.
Hurns and Wilson are, at best, temporary fixes.

Unfortunately, they opted out last year and we'd signed them to play last year... and then move on. ...and now their contracts have been lengthened by a year each when we didn't really want that.

But now we have them and I'm not going to throw them away without a training camp look see. Wilson MIGHT be the guy to man the slot and get some separation... maybe. Hurns MIGHT be a guy to replace Preston or Parker for a year... maybe.

I wouldn't place much of a bet on either, but their contracts are pretty small and cutting them doesn't give much benefit. I'd take a 7th for Hurns and a 6th for Wilson... but someone would have to want them... and for that, it'd be nice to have seen them in pre-season.

Yup.

Giants at 11 and Patriots at 15 are our biggest threats to landing a player maker.

Minnesota at 14 and Dallas at 10 appear optimal trade partners depending on the prospect/compensation request.

A lot of teams that drafted WRs early last year are huddled around each other this year. None of the teams that drafted a WR in the first round last year made the playoffs this year.

2nd round WR class from 2020 looked impressive than the first round group.

I could see a move up to 14 to draft a WR though.
My mind was drifting towards a slight trade down, then using 1a on Smith or Chase.

Then, Micah Parsons slides out of the top 10, and we move up from 18 to grab him in the early teens!

2021 OL (L to R.... Jackson, Kindley, Karras, Hunt, Slater)

Backups Dieter, Davis, Flowers
He might be a little short for Tackle... I've seen some scouts saying that his best spot might be Center... but they all like him and say he'll start somewhere.

There’s nothing about this conference champ game tape that should have zaven Collins in the top 20 other than the frame and the speed/atblete

The off ball stuff is largely meh and he’s content just to drop a shoulder into a guy way too mucb vs locate and hunt the football

Kwitty is maybe 6'4" and a little squattier than JT, but heavier than Wake (who was more of an OLB). I've got him as a bit of a tweener... I could be wrong, (I'll always say that), but he reminds me more of Shaq Lawson than anyone else.

I keep thinking that Paye is rising only due to the fact that the pool is so shallow.
Basham and Roche are interesting.

I think Basham would be a great edge setter. Very physical, but probably won't get a lot of sacks. He strikes me as a Baltimore Ravens type.

Roche maybe in a Van Noy role? He is about 245 so small for DE.

There’s nothing about this conference champ game tape that should have zaven Collins in the top 20 other than the frame and the speed/atblete

The off ball stuff is largely meh and he’s content just to drop a shoulder into a guy way too mucb vs locate and hunt the football
That’s why I keep saying he won’t play inside. He is an outside backer in a 3-4. He can rush, set the edge, and cover.

Basham and Roche are interesting.

I think Basham would be a great edge setter. Very physical, but probably won't get a lot of sacks. He strikes me as a Baltimore Ravens type.

Roche maybe in a Van Noy role? He is about 245 so small for DE.
I like a lot of these guys, but I don't love them... Most of these guys look like they'll need the right kind of scheme (and you mentioned Baltimore type). I'm used to drafts containing 3 or 4 amazing physical specimens who do inhuman things... and that aint this draft.

Like you (I think it was you) said... Rousseau is boom or bust, but I think he IS the guy if he falls far enough. Yes, he is a risk... but I like guys like that in the first... risks on greatness vs. steady.

Rousseau looks really thin. I like him and Phillips in the Van Ginkel role

That’s why I keep saying he won’t play inside. He is an outside backer in a 3-4. He can rush, set the edge, and cover.

its not a good tape for ilb play how long has he been playing off ball cause he looks like a guy that’s probably played with his hand in the dirt his whole life trying to transition to something else

his instincts and feel for lb look in the infancy stage

Back
Top Bottom