Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins

Rousseau looks really thin. I like him and Phillips in the Van Ginkel role
When I watched the tape... I liked how they moved him around. Watching him get sacks lined up as a DT was a surprise. If we get him, I can see Flores putting him all over the formation and driving people nuts.

When I watched the tape... I liked how they moved him around. Watching him get sacks lined up as a DT was a surprise. If we get him, I can see Flores putting him all over the formation and driving people nuts.
Plenty of outside backers in this draft, not many that can play that Elandon Roberts role of inside run stuffer. I like Errol Thompson from Miss St there.

My mind was drifting towards a slight trade down, then using 1a on Smith or Chase.

Then, Micah Parsons slides out of the top 10, and we move up from 18 to grab him in the early teens!

I am not trying to lock into anything specific players rights now, they have the whole board to play with and they will be looking to maximize it.

I want Sewell, kinda assuming we won’t be using pick 3 but instead trading it.

I could see us moving from 3 to 4 and then again 4 to 5, if they decided picks plus another top 6/7 type player is more beneficial.

Gotta see what the Jets and Falcons plan to do before we ultimately have a clue which way we are going.

I am not trying to lock into anything specific players rights now, they have the whole board to play with and they will be looking to maximize it.

I want Sewell, kinda assuming we won’t be using pick 3 but instead trading it.

I could see us moving from 3 to 4 and then again 4 to 5, if they decided picks plus another top 6/7 type player is more beneficial.

Gotta see what the Jets and Falcons plan to do before we ultimately have a clue which way we are going.
i can dream of WR with 1a

and Parsons at 1b (with a trade up)!

its not a good tape for ilb play how long has he been playing off ball cause he looks like a guy that’s probably played with his hand in the dirt his whole life trying to transition to something else

his instincts and feel for lb look in the infancy stage
I think he fits in that Kyle Van Noy role, strong side OLB in a 3-4. I don’t see that off ball at all.

I think he fits in that Kyle Van Noy role, strong side OLB in a 3-4. I don’t see that off ball at all.

van noy failed as a full time 34 olb 2nd round pick with detroit. I can see the same with Collins.

I do like the van noy role but van noy plays on and off the los. I can see that here. This tape doesn’t look like a lot of win edge rush vs a tackle upside so he might have to go the van noy every one else do the work and stunt me inside free to the qb to get home.

I don’t see full time off ball on this tape at least at all. This game tape says I’m not comfortable to me playing full time off ball. Not at ilb. kinda like van noy.

he’s got more range more speed and is a better athlete than van noy no doubt so I like that particularly for zone drop but if there’s one concern I have on this particular game tape at least it’s he loses vision on the football a lot and as a result is content to drop a head or a shoulder in a guy and call it a day.

one of van noys strengths is constant vision of the football. That and he plays much smarter than his athletic gifts would indicate or should return in other words.

I’m gonna watch a couple more but what I’m seeing here does not say to me I’m a full time off ball ilb.

van noy failed as a full time 34 olb 2nd round pick with detroit. I can see the same with Collins.

I do like the van noy role but van noy plays on and off the los. I can see that here. This tape doesn’t look like a lot of win edge rush vs a tackle upside so he might have to go the van noy every one else do the work and stunt me inside free to the qb to get home.

I don’t see full time off ball on this tape at least at all. This game tape says I’m not comfortable to me playing full time off ball. Not at ilb. kinda like van noy.

he’s got more range more speed and is a better athlete than van noy no doubt so I like that but if there’s one concern I have on this particular game tape at least it’s he loses vision on the football a lot and as a result is content to drop a head or a shoulder in a guy and call it a day.

one of van noys strengths is constant vision of the football. That and he plays much smarter than his athletic gifts would indicate or should return in other words.
It sounds like you grade him as a jag. I think he is much better than that. He has elite size, speed, and mobility. He can set the edge. He can rush the passer. He is also very good dropping in zone coverage. I see a difference maker in a 3-4 scheme.

I don’t grade him that way. I’m just saying I don’t see yet where this guys gonna win vs nfl tackles as a full time 34 olb enough as a pass rusher

To me he’s got to play some off ball no doubt but his instincts inside off ball are lacking. Or really work in progress Id say.

if I want a 34 olb in this class full time I’m probably gonna pluck ojulari for his pure pass rush. Wouldn’t surprise me if he works his way up into that top 20 before the draft

Inside Parsons is the guy. Outside I like Ojulari on the weak side and Collins on the strong side

I really don't see us signing a FA WR this year... With Wilson and Hurns coming back, we already have a better room than at any time last year... Obviously, I've been wrong before, but in a low money year, I don't think we'll be ready to dish out a 10-12 million per year WR contract.

Now... I guess if we trade these guys off before the draft, I'll eat these words.

If Davie tries to pull this off with this type of thinking, I wish pox on their houses.

No way would this be acceptable, none. The WR room needs to see some turnover, and I start with the bigger contracts and those who chose not to play this year.

Whomever remains, needs to be pushed down the depth chart with a rookie WR and a FA WR or one via trade.

If Davie tries to pull this off with this type of thinking, I wish pox on their houses.

No way would this be acceptable, none. The WR room needs to see some turnover, and I start with the bigger contracts and those who chose not to play this year.

Whomever remains, needs to be pushed down the depth chart with a rookie WR and a FA WR or one via trade.
X1000

Oh I have no doubt that we'll draft AT LEAST one WR, and I've put two in every one of my drafts.

Well tbe good news is the vision is better on these other tapes with Collins. Maybe that was a usage thing in the conf champ game. Sticking with the van noy role.

don’t see full time 34 olb here at all. Feel for off ball looks better on these too.

makes me feel better even if I think it’s misuse to make him a full time ilb.
Hybrid on/off ball guy (kvn in our scheme) which is something I’m looking for

Back
Top Bottom