Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins

I'm not sold on Hurns or Wilson. They are both players that put up numbers in the 400-500yds a season. The team can get better WRs if they are serious about upgrading the position. Im not a big Parker fan either if I'm honest but he's the best out of that group which isn't saying alot.

Can't upgrade all needed positions. If they don't get a good slot, Wilson is back

Can't upgrade all needed positions. If they don't get a good slot, Wilson is back

2019 Wilson was not a good slot, that injury he picked up that ended his 2018 seemed to effect his game. He wasn't that same player. I'm not holding my breath about him being a difference maker in 2021.

Really depends what Miami does at #3.

I'll add a few players that I haven't seen mentioned. Jones, the DE from Pitt, will go much higher than mocks. Leatherwood or Humphrey if the Dolphins want to solidify the offensive line early. Marshall, Bateman at wr.
I agree with everything except Leatherwood, he is slowfooted trash. LOVE Humphreys, and Bateman, and would take Nick Bolton over Collins. Marshall I have to watch more tape on, haven't seen enough of him.
Leatherwood will never make it as a OT in the NFL, reminds me of Hunt. Both are OGs.

Answer is playmakers period. Get me Smith hopefully with a small trade back and move up if possible for either Waddle or Pitts.
So tired of these slow players who cant separate.
Speed for our QB Tua.
Our D got help last season now go get speed playmakers for Tua

If we stay at 18 I think Christian Barmore could be an option. It isn’t a sexy pick by any means. However, he offers more upside than a guy like Seiler. Could use him and Wilkins as DT/DE based on the formation while Davis would be more of a run stuffing NT. I want to see the pick used on an offensive skill position or OL (based on what we do with the Texans’ 1st), but Flores does like to draft his defensive players early.
I like the way you think, it would allow us to move Davis to DE, but I would rather wait until the 2nd pick of the 2nd and take Tyler Shelvin. He isn't as good a pass rusher but he is a Vince Wilfork type of 2 down run stopper that could top off our DL.

If we can trade back a few spots from #3 and pick up a '22 first rounder, and then still get one of the top WRs with our first pick, who would be in favor of trading up from #18 by using that '22 first rounder we obtained to get another quality player this draft? Maybe go up far enough to also get Pitts or Parsons, etc.

2019 Wilson was not a good slot, that injury he picked up that ended his 2018 seemed to effect his game. He wasn't that same player. I'm not holding my breath about him being a difference maker in 2021.

There is a debate about Wilson.. to me, he's above average. I don't see him replaced unless a well-above average slot is found

I agree with everything except Leatherwood, he is slowfooted trash. LOVE Humphreys, and Bateman, and would take Nick Bolton over Collins. Marshall I have to watch more tape on, haven't seen enough of him.
Leatherwood will never make it as a OT in the NFL, reminds me of Hunt. Both are OGs.
I like Bolton as well.

I like the way you think, it would allow us to move Davis to DE, but I would rather wait until the 2nd pick of the 2nd and take Tyler Shelvin. He isn't as good a pass rusher but he is a Vince Wilfork type of 2 down run stopper that could top off our DL.
I do like Barmore and I think his best football is still ahead. A bit early maybe for Miami to take a DT, but wouldn't hate it.

If we stay at 18 I think Christian Barmore could be an option. It isn’t a sexy pick by any means. However, he offers more upside than a guy like Seiler. Could use him and Wilkins as DT/DE based on the formation while Davis would be more of a run stuffing NT. I want to see the pick used on an offensive skill position or OL (based on what we do with the Texans’ 1st), but Flores does like to draft his defensive players early.
Drafting a DT with top 50 picks in 3 consecutive drafts is bad... Real bad.

Wilson was playing as well as he ever has by the last quarter of the 2019 season. I expect him to be ready Sept 1 to be 100% of his career max ability.

Drafting a DT with top 50 picks in 3 consecutive drafts is bad... Real bad.
Depends on your system. In a base 4-3 it would seem excessive. In a multiple front you’d have all 3 of those picks on the field at the same time. I can live with 3 top 50 picks turning into 3 starting players.

Things have changed in football. Offense win championships in the football world today. We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds with the possibility to add 1 or 2 more. We also have some FA money to use. This team has the opportunity to set up this side of the ball with a lot of talent and depth for the next 4 years. No reason we shouldn't add 6 new offensive players that can make impacts. OT, OC, WR(3. 2 by draft and 1 by FA) RB. As much as I like Sewell a trade back to 6,7, or 8 that would get us back another 2nd this year and a first next year would be awesome. I am using Detroit as trade partner to show what is very feasible.
Free Agent Signings - 2 Chris Godwin, and Joe Thuney.
Draft - 1A Chase, 1B. Slater(OT), 2A Creed Humphrey(C), 2B Toney(WR), 2C J. Williams(RB)
Offensive line would be young, talented and deep.
WR would be talented with a mix of youth and veterans, and deep.
RB would have a bruiser in Willams and quick with Gaskins. ( I still wouldn't mind adding a Bell, Fournette, or Davis if they came cheap)
We would have still have several picks this year, and 3 picks in the first 2 rounds of next year's draft to come back and address the defense. Not to mention, if Houston is still needing to trade Watson, then we have Tua, and the 2 first next year to dangle.

Back
Top Bottom