Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins

I’ve got ossai and ojulari as 34 olbs these guys belong on the los

parsons off ball Bolton off ball Moses off ball

Collins hybrid

I would not draft parsons or Collins for the same ask (what am I saying? Id probably draft em both with vision for separate roles for each)

you can try to get a hybrid type a little later but from what I’ve seen other teams will take them in front of you regardless of if you think they are ideal fits for their scheme or not

slippery slope

There’s nothing about this conference champ game tape that should have zaven Collins in the top 20 other than the frame and the speed/atblete

The off ball stuff is largely meh and he’s content just to drop a shoulder into a guy way too mucb vs locate and hunt the football
I don't know anything about the player. Nothing. But as soon as I saw his name surface in the Draft Forum and then all the hype I immediately cringed. IMO, there is far too much desperation to unearth players in lower level programs as opposed to understanding that the elite programs have tons of mega talented guys and that's where the surprise booms are most likely to come from.

Even if he does boom it's likely to take more time and patience than you expect, like the Reddick kid from Temple.

A wide receiver from LSU contributing immediately is not a surprise.

Some of the best players come from small schools.

I don't know anything about the player. Nothing. But as soon as I saw his name surface in the Draft Forum and then all the hype I immediately cringed. IMO, there is far too much desperation to unearth players in lower level programs as opposed to understanding that the elite programs have tons of mega talented guys and that's where the surprise booms are most likely to come from.

Even if he does boom it's likely to take more time and patience than you expect, like the Reddick kid from Temple.

A wide receiver from LSU contributing immediately is not a surprise.

it was the first tape I looked at and it was plain and simply underwhelming. But I’m glad I did look at some more which you should anyways frankly to really form an opinion.

I can see why folks would say Collins from a pure draft pick value stand point might be the best play for Miami. He can play in the sub/nickel while we ween kvn off the team and then take his place and be a full time starter piece at that point.

the smu tape is a good tape that shows his versatility. He can drop a shoulder on the edge and gain the corner and finish on the qb. Is he gonna make a full time living there no he’s not. And that’s fine. I’m not drafting him for that.

and he’s not gonna cost me a top 5-8 pick.

ideally I’d be looking at this at Id say 35 given scheme wise he won’t be for everyone and if people draft him for the wrong ask odds are good it’s gonna fail.

it was the first tape I looked at and it was plain and simply underwhelming. But I’m glad I did look at some more which you should anyways frankly to really form an opinion.

I can see why folks would say Collins from a pure draft pick value stand point might be the best play for Miami. He can play in the sub/nickel while we ween kvn off the team and then take his place and be a full time starter piece at that point.

the smu tape is a good tape that shows his versatility. He can drop a shoulder on the edge and gain the corner and finish on the qb. Is he gonna make a full time living there no he’s not. And that’s fine. I’m not drafting him for that.

and he’s not gonna cost me a top 5-8 pick.

ideally I’d be looking at this at Id say 35 given scheme wise he won’t be for everyone and if people draft him for the wrong ask odds are good it’s gonna fail.
Who are you taking at 18? Be realistic

If I am not taking Collins at #18 then I am taking Najee Harris. His speed is a concern, but he does everything else well. We don’t have anybody that breaks tackles or catches passes at RB.

Gaskin catches passes.

So does Kirk Merritt... should we start him at WR next year?

if you can upgrade, you upgrade.

We cannot afford to make the same mistake we made with Dobbins/JT/Swift last year when we waited 1 pick too long. You start the run on the guys if you want to. Be the trend breaker

Kwitty is maybe 6'4" and a little squattier than JT, but heavier than Wake (who was more of an OLB). I've got him as a bit of a tweener... I could be wrong, (I'll always say that), but he reminds me more of Shaq Lawson than anyone else.

I keep thinking that Paye is rising only due to the fact that the pool is so shallow.
Yes. I was thinking the same comparison. That said, it's not a home run, but Shaq Lawson is pretty good, no?

He had 3 games with 50 or more yards receiving. 2 of those games he had good rushing yards. That’s just not enough in a 16 game season.

If we stay at 18 I think Christian Barmore could be an option. It isn’t a sexy pick by any means. However, he offers more upside than a guy like Seiler. Could use him and Wilkins as DT/DE based on the formation while Davis would be more of a run stuffing NT. I want to see the pick used on an offensive skill position or OL (based on what we do with the Texans’ 1st), but Flores does like to draft his defensive players early.

If we stay at 18 I think Christian Barmore could be an option. It isn’t a sexy pick by any means. However, he offers more upside than a guy like Seiler. Could use him and Wilkins as DT/DE based on the formation while Davis would be more of a run stuffing NT. I want to see the pick used on an offensive skill position or OL (based on what we do with the Texans’ 1st), but Flores does like to draft his defensive players early.
I think Barmore goes at #14 to the Vikings. They need DT bad.

Back
Top Bottom