Drake now... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake now...

Out of curiosity.... what type of deal would you guys give him? And please be realistic considering the market and what his asking price would likely be.

Drake's production is the equivalent of an early day 3 pick.

You can't really call put his 2018 production on a #2 back scale either.... because he wasn't a #2 back.

Can't catch.
Can't block.
Can't break tackles.

I think you forgot those.

Can't catch? Last year he caught 72.6% of his passes, and was 3rd on the team in receiving yards.

Can't break tackles? Last year he had 245 yards after contact considering he had 535 rushing yards thats almost half his yards coming off of contact. He also had 9 broken tackles while Frank Gore had 11.

Last edited:
Even if he was a middle of the pack starter, what difference would it make at this point? Let's load up on as many picks as we can and use our cap room mostly for QUALITY depth and a few starters.

Except 1k yards from scrimmage and 9 TD's from your #2 back is not easily replaceable. Granted he's not playing well this season but given the circumstances I wouldn't hold it against him.

But if they don't plan on resigning him they might as well trade him.

It's not about his highlight videos its about what he does when North South type running matters the most.

Yeah that's what I thought
Then you have a different back for that
You have zero playmaking running backs besides him so like I said you need to use a higher Rd pick to replace his abilities

Can't catch? Last year he caught 72.6% of his passes last year and was 3rd on the team in receiving yards.

Can't break tackles? Last year he had 245 yards after contact considering he had 535 rushing yards thats almost half his yards coming off of contact. He also had 9 broken tackles while Frank Gore had 11.

Oops...guess he didn't know that

Depends on what kind of comp pick we would get if we let him walk. I'm thinking a 5th but could be off base, not gonna take any trade offers less than that unless they can beat the value we would get in a comp pick.

That is why a Conditional Draft pick route is the way to go. a 6th that can elevate to higher if he re-signs

I agree conditional is ideal world but I don’t think conditionals can be about contracts only production.

so that extension you’d want I don’t see how it can effect compensation.

maybe I read it wrong but either way drake is much higher on his own value than the league is.

Back
Top Bottom