Drake now... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake now...

I wouldnt trade Preston Williams, Godchaux, X. Maybe Prince because he has some untapped potential and we wouldn't get anything from him. I am liking what I am seeing from Geisicki this year though so far.

godchauxs the only one miami should even consider an extension with. Top 50 pick though yeah I’m parting cause he doesnt impact the pass enough. He deserves better than what he’s working with this year.

williams can be lazy/slow in and out of cuts. Day 2 pick I might part. Those hands annoy me.
But yeah those are the 2.

gesicki shows enough to come to camp next year. That’s it. Top 75 pick im selling

I cant think of one off the bat, but I know for example players traded in camp for Conditional Picks and the condition is that they make the 53. That isnt performance but roster oriented. There is NO rule against it.

I think extensions are worked out on the front end of trades as part of the compensation. But not conditional in nature.
I’ve never seen it.

For those of you ok with trading him for a 5th, 6th ,or 7th because he's "easily" replaceable. Since 2012 there have been 99 HB's drafted in the 5th, 6th, and 7th, rounds out of those 99 only 9 have more rushing yards than Kenyan Drake and that's not even including Drakes receiving yards.

I think extensions are worked out on the front end of trades as part of the compensation. But not conditional in nature.
I’ve never seen it.

Ramsey didn't get extension. So what the trade would be is... A 6th round pick for a rental RB. Then to sweeten the deal for the Fins maybe to get it done is the condition that IF the gaining team re-signs at the end of the season that 6th becomes a 4th. Just like what is being talked about with AJ Green, that the pick he gets traded for (if he does) if likely going to be Conditional if a team wants to see how his health is all year before committing Dollars to him. The Contract to the Player means little to nothing in a trade, except of course contracts with term bring better value typically).

Heck if the Houston Texans can GIVE a 2nd to Browns to take on Osweiller than a team can tie a conditional pick to re-signing at the end of the year.

He has ball security issues, I don’t have a problem with this.

I still maintain Drake hasn't been given a fair shot to prove he can be the guy. But at this point it seems we will be moving on

Ramsey didn't get extension. So what the trade would be is... A 6th round pick for a rental RB. Then to sweeten the deal for the Fins maybe to get it done is the condition that IF the gaining team re-signs at the end of the season that 6th becomes a 4th. Just like what is being talked about with AJ Green, that the pick he gets traded for (if he does) if likely going to be Conditional if a team wants to see how his health is all year before committing Dollars to him. The Contract to the Player means little to nothing in a trade, except of course contracts with term bring better value typically).

Heck if the Houston Texans can GIVE a 2nd to Browns to take on Osweiller than a team can tie a conditional pick to re-signing at the end of the year.

Yeah but your aj green reference with regards to health is probably tied to snaps played. Or games suited up etc.

I just can’t recall an example of conditional compensation tied to extensions post trade and if there was I feel like we’d recall it.

but either way bottom line is Id trade drake by the deadline regardless.

Has a ton of talent and speed it's a shame he never really took advantage of the opportunities he was given here, even thou the offensive line is/was crap most of the time he was here and that's not his fault, he fumbled to often and that can't happen. Both coaches he had here didn't trust him enough to give him the starting spot.

It's Flores dime, he should get the players he wants.
He was gone after this year so anything is better than nothing.

For those of you ok with trading him for a 5th, 6th ,or 7th because he's "easily" replaceable. Since 2012 there have been 99 HB's drafted in the 5th, 6th, and 7th, rounds out of those 99 only 9 have more rushing yards than Kenyan Drake and that's not even including Drakes receiving yards.

other team will set his market- and believe me- it’s not as higH as some are thinking- hey will see.

Back
Top Bottom